Psa: Mechwarrior 2 Sound/weapon Fx Pack With Bitching Betty And Music

27 replies to this topic

#1 Seraphic Law

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

This mod might be well known or maybe not. But I would still like to do a PSA about a really great Mechwarrior 2 Sound/Weapon FX Pack with Bitching Betty and Musicc for Mechwarrior Online that I came across today. It is almost like playing a new game because it is so well done. The sound effects, weapons effects, bitching Betty and the music really make the game more enjoyable (at least in my opinion). Really easy to install and it works with the current version of MWO. Hats off to the creator for his hard work!

Download Page: http://beerwarriors....g-betty-for-mwo

Or you can direct download the below two files and then extract and drag and drop all the .pak files (or the ones you want) into your MechWarrior Online/Game folder (where other .paks are located).
That's it! Launch the game and enjoy =)

MW2 Sounds Zip v2.1: https://www.dropbox....2.1%29.zip?dl=1
MW2 Music Zip - https://www.dropbox....%20MWO.zip?dl=1

Edited by Seraphic Law, 25 March 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#2 nitra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

HAXZ !!

Seriously i have seen a few vids of peeps using this mod it surprising how much it enhances the mwo experience.

#3 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

This was brought up a while back and PGI actually came out and said it was illegal to use *shrug*

Edited by Belphegore, 25 March 2017 - 04:30 PM.

#4 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

actually it's been known awhile by the community. good refresher for people who don't know about it yet though.

View PostBelphegore, on 25 March 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

This was brought up a while back and PGI actually came out and said it was illegal to use *shrug*

Actually it is legal to use. It doesn't provide any strategic advantages.

#5 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

This has been posted a LOT before. And the devs have said straight up that sound mods are legal to use, same with macros.

Oh, and MW3 sounds>MW2 IMO.

#6 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

Derek it was brought up ages ago and we were all using it, the post with PGI saying we can't use it is probably still floating about somewhere. We argued with PGI about it not editing any existing game files and they still said nope.

Found it -

View PostAlexander Garden, on 28 August 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

Need to rain on the parade a little bit here, unfortunately.

The modification of game PAK files is not permitted in any form. This restriction extends to modifications that may not provide any tactical advantage, such as a sound pack.

We all agree that custom sound packs would be a sweet feature to implement, but we do not currently have plans to do so. As far as I'm aware the file system is not designed to support end-user modification right now, and with all the other tasks currently at hand we don't have the development resources available that would be required for implementing that kind of functionality.

Regarding dynamic/functional cockpit monitors, well....I've seen some things.....

Edited by Belphegore, 25 March 2017 - 04:39 PM.

#7 Seraphic Law

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

I would like to swap a few of the music tracks around though as I really prefer the Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries music over the original MechWarrior 2.

View PostBelphegore, on 25 March 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

Derek it was brought up ages ago and we were all using it, the post with PGI saying we can't use it is probably still floating about somewhere. We argued with PGI about it not editing any existing game files and they still said nope.

Well, that is really stupid and can't be right. It is just different Sound FX and Music. And sounds better then the current in-game alternative.

View PostRestosIII, on 25 March 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

This has been posted a LOT before. And the devs have said straight up that sound mods are legal to use, same with macros.

After watching it I am still liking the MW2 version better.

Edited by Seraphic Law, 25 March 2017 - 04:43 PM.

#8 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

Found it -

To that I show you this then.
Posted Image

#9 Seraphic Law

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 25 March 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

To that I show you this then.
Posted Image

This mod should not apply to that statement as there is no gain to tactical advantages.

#10 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

Found it -

Last that I knew, PGI stated that they weren't going to actively ban people for using them, but they would not be providing endorsement for them.

At worst your thread might get deleted simply because the sound files used in the pack might still have licensing rights attached to them.

#11 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostSeraphic Law, on 25 March 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

This mod should not apply to that statement as there is no gain to tactical advantages.

And it doesn't, I'm showing that it is okay to use them. What it says in easier terms is this:

"If we think your pack helps you cheat, then you get banned."

Edited by Scout Derek, 25 March 2017 - 04:51 PM.

#12 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

If they changed their minds since that last posting then that's great.. i was a big fan of the mod until Alexander made that statement so i'll get to downloading thanks, thanks for the updated info Derek.

#13 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

View PostSeraphic Law, on 25 March 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

After watching it I am still liking the MW2 version better.

'shrugs'

Whatever floats your boat. MW3 was my personal favorite game in the series, so I'm biased.

#14 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 25 March 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

'shrugs'

Whatever floats your boat. MW3 was my personal favorite game in the series, so I'm biased.

I am MW4 biased actually myself :3

#15 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

Rak's armoury sound mod is where it's at. I even got Snuggles using it.

#16 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 25 March 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

I think MW:2 and MW:2 GBL had the best sound effects out of the series. Loved the pulse laser sfx and of course the bitching betty from that game. Wasn't really a big fan of the British voice in GBL, but at least they retained the female bitching betty for the mechs in the expansion. MW2:Mercs was just weak overall with sound effects imo. The voice acting was great in all of these games.

MW:3 also felt weak in the sound department. While they aren't bad, I just don't hear alot of subsidy and depth with the sound effects. MW:4 did an ok job with mech sound movement, but still really wasn't a fan of the weapon sounds overall.

One thing that MW:O does really well is the sfx for everything. Lasers have deep undertones, IS auto cannons/clan LBX's have balls when they fire, machine guns sound like actual machine guns, etc.

I really don't see a need to change the sound effects that already exist in Mechwarrior Online. It already does a decent job over the older titles. I can say that MW:O probably ties with classic MW:2 in the sound department for me.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 25 March 2017 - 08:46 PM.

#17 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:47 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 25 March 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

I think MW:2 and MW:2 GBL had the best sound effects out of the series. Loved the pulse laser sfx and of course the bitching betty from that game. Wasn't really a big fan of the British voice in GBL, but at least they retained the female bitching betty for the mechs in the expansion. MW2:Mercs was just weak overall with sound effects imo. The voice acting was great in all of these games.

MW:3 also felt weak in the sound department. While they aren't bad, I just don't hear alot of subsidy and depth with the sound effects. MW:4 did an ok job with mech sound movement, but still really wasn't a fan of the weapon sounds overall.

One thing that MW:O does really well is the sfx for everything. Lasers have deep undertones, IS auto cannons/clan LBX's have balls when they fire, machine guns sound like actual machine guns, etc.

I really don't see a need to change the sound effects that already exist in Mechwarrior Online. It already does a decent job over the older titles. I can say that MW:O probably ties with classic MW:2 in the sound department for me.

I can't stand vanilla MGs or missile warning noises. I need the MW3 ones.

#18 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 25 March 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

Last that I knew, PGI stated that they weren't going to actively ban people for using them, but they would not be providing endorsement for them.

At worst your thread might get deleted simply because the sound files used in the pack might still have licensing rights attached to them.

It's probably because those sounds and soundtracks belong to the companies that made them. PGI can't use other people's assets. So they probably won't ban you. Buttttt, nothing is set in stone. They'll ban you if someone threatens legal action against them.

#19 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

I cannot get over that ancient audio compression. It absolutely does not fit in with a modern game.

#20 H LaWMaN H

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:29 PM

This could of been a coincident but I was using a bitching betty sound pack not this one, and just on the drop where you get systems online I would DC it would happen about 2 time in 6 drops and I would log back it to find myself dead. I rand this mod for a week and removed it Thursday 23rd and I have not had a DC from that day on, over 30 drops but I would have to use the mod again just to confirm it was a sound mod or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users