Arctic Cheetah Hero?

43 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:26 AM

What would you like to see with an Arctic Cheetah hero?

ACH-O "OCELOT"

Posted Image

[LA] UAC JAM CHANCE: -25.00%
[LT] JUMP JET CAPACITY: +1

As with Hero Suggestions, I wanted it to be as snow-flake as possible, and is reflected with the omnipod selections.

The Left torso, usually swapped out for the "Jesus Box" ECM, i made it so that it's somewhat a sweet deal for allowing an extra Missile slot, and an extra Jump Jet. Owning an ACH-O-LT means that one can have 7 jump jets, if that somehow fancies people. Likewise the ACH-O-RT has a missile harpoint too, for symmetry.

The Right arm isn't that special, ACH-C has that too.

The Left arm however. Using a UAC2, it has -25% UAC jam chance, and is able to mount a UAC20 when enough armor is shaven. Following the model of other lights, I think it needs to have such quirks, cause heavy ballistic weapons are less effective than energy weapon, so it needs to have a good deal.

Of course, these are just speculative, and may be overpowered.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 26 March 2017 - 04:14 PM.

#2 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:47 AM

Interesting, I'd maybe use one of the missile shoulder mounts to make a 4 SPL 3SRM4 build. I already do a 2SRM4 build but after the recent nerf I am not sure how good that is compared to just going all SPL.

I don't like ballistics on a light mech, just not something I can agree with, too limited with the weight of the equipment and weight of the ammo. I always feel like I could have a laser with no ammo and low weight doing the same damage and fit in an extra 2 or 3 DHS to compensate for the difference in heat because as we know lasers are hotter.

The ACH can already boat lasers quick effectively. Being able to back that up with some SRMs would be fun, still hot and requires ammo but lighter than a ballistic.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:59 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 26 March 2017 - 05:26 AM, said:

ACH-O "OCELOT"

ACH-O

I see what you did there. Especially since it will likely be used for boating SRMs.

#4 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:09 AM

There's not really much I want from an ACH hero. More SRMs makes sense I guess.

#5 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:17 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 March 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

I see what you did there. Especially since it will likely be used for boating SRMs.

Totally by accident.

UAC5 looking like one of those early revolver pepper box to me. I was thinking of this guy:

Posted Image

Also the double-tap of the UAC5 as a revolver reminds me of Bob Munden:

Fun fact: Ocelots prefer to hunt alone. Also twisting the elbow to dampen the recoil will jam the gun, it's best used with a revolver.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 26 March 2017 - 06:24 AM.

#6 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:17 AM

I wouldn't mind something that got rid of some of the JJs or even all of them (omnimech so can put some different legs on to get them back). Get a little more weight to work with. Maybe get rid of the ones in the CT and put in some hard points. Bonus points if nearly as high mounted as the ST hardpoints.
Also wouldn't mind if we got one that had 2E in the right torso. I used to run a 1CLPL 2CERML in the left side with ECM. Wasn't great but worked and was a bit different than the SL/SPL builds I typically run. Would be nice to run that all high mounted and still have the ECM.

I think having ~4JJs would be better than 6 so give the Cheetahs backs some quirks but give the hero a tiny bit less to keep in line with the others. Or if it came with no JJs tie some quirks to set of 8.

Edited by dario03, 26 March 2017 - 01:26 PM.

#7 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

Your quirks are all wishful thinking, and the missile shoulders are the only redeeming trait of this hero.

#8 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 26 March 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

Your quirks are all wishful thinking, and the missile shoulders are the only redeeming trait of this hero.

Yeah, a Cheetah will never, ever, not in a million years, get quirks again. People don't like getting killed by them. Not even set of 8 quirks will be tolerated.

I think that if we want a Cheeto hero that truly changes things up a bit, it should have at least 4 missile hardpoints. Boating some SRM4 or SRM2 is probably the only thing other than laser vomit that this mech can handle with just 8 tons of pod space.

Either that, or spamming 4+ MGs.

Edited by FupDup, 26 March 2017 - 11:52 AM.

#9 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

Change the 2 energy arm to 3 or even 4 . So we can get some pay2win sales. Lol

#10 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 26 March 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Change the 2 energy arm to 3 or even 4 . So we can get some pay2win sales. Lol

Arctic Cheetah arms are very easy to destroy, so that pod wouldn't really help anyone.

#11 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

ACH-O "OCELOT"

I'd be up for it.

#12 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

View Postdario03, on 26 March 2017 - 06:17 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind something that got rid of some of the JJs or even all of them (omnimech so can put some different legs on to get them back). Get a little more weight to work with. Maybe get rid of the ones in the CT and put in some hard points. Bonus points if nearly as high mounted as the ST hardpoints.
Also wouldn't mind if we got one that had 2E in the right torso. I used to run a 1CLPL 2CERML in the left side with ECM. Wasn't great but worked and was a bit different than the SL/SPL builds I typically run. Would be nice to run that all high mounted and still have the ECM.

I think having ~4JJs would be better than 6 so give the Cheetahs backs some quirks but give the hero a tiny bit less to keep in line with the others. Or if it came with no JJs tie some quirks to set of 8.

Knocking out a couple JJ. Hadn't thought of that. Great idea.

#13 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

Knocking out JJ's isn't an option because these are hardwired jets. They aren't pod mounted jets like the Mad Cat or Uller S variants.

#14 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

View PostFupDup, on 26 March 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

Knocking out JJ's isn't an option because these are hardwired jets. They aren't pod mounted jets like the Mad Cat or Uller S variants.

Why is that a problem? Just like the TBR S has JJs where the others don't, we would make a ACH that doesn't where the others do.

#15 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

View Postdario03, on 26 March 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Why is that a problem? Just like the TBR S has JJs where the others don't, we would make a ACH that doesn't where the others do.

You aren't understanding what I said. More detailed explanation...

When an Omnimech is built, the first thing you make is something called the Base Configuration. Any equipment mounted on the Base Config is permanent, which includes your armor and structure type, engine, and any other items like heatsinks or whatever. Using the Base Config, you then add on pod-mounted equipment to fill up your pod space and create the variant lineup. These added on items can be removed normally.

The Timber Wolf Base Configuration DOES NOT HAVE JUMP JETS. This is the reason that you can both add and remove them from this mech. The Summoner, on the other hand, has jump jets on the Base Config, so you're stuck with them on every variant forever.

The Arctic Cheetah works just like the Summoner, Nova, etc.

Omnimech rules are pretty straightforward. If it's not on the Base Config, you can remove it. If it's on the Base Config, you can't remove it. Easy peasy lemon squeezey.

Edited by FupDup, 26 March 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#16 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

View PostFupDup, on 26 March 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

You aren't understanding what I said. More detailed explanation...

When an Omnimech is built, the first thing you make is something called the Base Configuration. Any equipment mounted on the Base Config is permanent, which includes your armor and structure type, engine, and any other items like heatsinks or whatever. Using the Base Config, you then add on pod-mounted equipment to fill up your pod space and create the variant lineup. These added on items can be removed normally.

The Timber Wolf Base Configuration DOES NOT HAVE JUMP JETS. This is the reason that you can both add and remove them from this mech. The Summoner, on the other hand, has jump jets on the Base Config, so you're stuck with them on every variant forever.

The Arctic Cheetah works just like the Summoner, Nova, etc.

Omnimech rules are pretty straightforward. If it's not on the Base Config, you can remove it. If it's on the Base Config, you can't remove it. Easy peasy lemon squeezey.

I understood exactly what you were saying. I'm asking why in a game that has changed so much (including allowing us to remove some hardwired equipment and made up variants) does this matter?

#17 Shiroi Tsuki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

Arctic Cheetos

#18 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

View Postdario03, on 26 March 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

I understood exactly what you were saying. I'm asking why in a game that has changed so much (including allowing us to remove some hardwired equipment and made up variants) does this matter?

It hasn't really changed much, that's the thing. The two changes are the Adder's Flamer being removable and the Alternate S jets being locked to those pods. Made up variants don't change the underlying construction rules, so those don't count.

It matters because PGI chose to mostly adhere to the BT Omnimech rules, whether we like it or don't like it.

#19 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

View PostFupDup, on 26 March 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

It hasn't really changed much, that's the thing. The two changes are the Adder's Flamer being removable and the Alternate S jets being locked to those pods. Made up variants don't change the underlying construction rules, so those don't count.

It matters because PGI chose to mostly adhere to the BT Omnimech rules, whether we like it or don't like it.

Meh, they changed some things already. No harm in theory crafting some mechs that would require similar changes.

#20 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

Guys, calm down. It's a Hero Mech, it's entitled to be it's own snowflake. Even if it can be wired to not have any Jump Jets to the legs.

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 26 March 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

Y-yeah. The JJ-less legs can be a boon for people wanting extra tonnage though.

I just followed the smurfy quirks anyways. the UAC5 jam chance would probably stay though. Heavy ballistic weapons are already confounded on light mechs, PGI is going to need to make the deal sweet for people to mount something like a UAC5 there at all.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 26 March 2017 - 04:00 PM.

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users