Mech Con Survey

50 replies to this topic

#21 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:17 PM

Survey done. I did not go last year but I watched most of it and enjoyed it.

#22 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:17 PM

View Posteggyh4ck, on 28 March 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

Is there incentive for taking the survey? Just being greedy

There wouldn't be... can't go around revealing who actually took the survey... there's always that group of blabbermouths who would show off that they got something for taking it. -_-

Anywho, that survey is on a site that I've blocked for previous intrusion-type activity. I'll ignore that survey and leave my thoughts here. <_<

Frankly, what would I like to hear was going to happen after MechCon 2017? Let's see...
  • Older Mechs all Buffed to match up against most recently released Mechs, thereby wiping out Power Creep forever!
  • More Module Slots for Mechs that seem lacking on them... There really are Mechs suffering from that deficiency...
  • Weapons NOT being Nerfed to the degree of OverKill...
  • Better rewards for actual Scout work, and better rewards for utility usage of things like NARC.
  • Better rewards for actually doing Game Mode Objectives... Particularly looking at All Game Modes that are NOT Skirmish!
  • A New Map, based upon the following thread's idea... "New Map: Metropolitan Ruins" @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/221827-new-map-metropolitan-ruins/
...and that's pretty much everything I can think of for now. I'll post again on this thread if I can think of anything else! And thanks, Tina Benoit, for keeping the thread from getting cluttered with bad stuff while I was working on this post! B)

~Mr. D. V. "Hate that survey site... My thoughts are here instead!" Devnull

[Edit by Post's Author for a Missed Thought.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 28 March 2017 - 04:20 PM.

#23 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

filled in the survey, but will not be able to attend due to cost of traveling from Australia

wary of when the information blackout will begin (hope i do not get moderated again for this)

#24 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

View Posteggyh4ck, on 28 March 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

Is there incentive for taking the survey? Just being greedy

Thats what I was about to say, PGI doesn't understand time is money and our time is valuable too ? Give us 5 loot bags for filling out your survey or a day premium time =p

And omg Tina still exists, a customer relations post to tell us to shut up unless its positive they dont want to know ? rofl this company.

View PostD V Devnull, on 28 March 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

• Older Mechs all Buffed to match up against most recently released Mechs, thereby wiping out Power Creep forever!
  • More Module Slots for Mechs that seem lacking on them... There really are Mechs suffering from that deficiency...
  • Better rewards for actual Scout work, and better rewards for utility usage of things like NARC.
  • Better rewards for actually doing Game Mode Objectives... Particularly looking at All Game Modes that are NOT Skirmish!
  • A New Map, based upon the following thread's idea... "New Map: Metropolitan Ruins" @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/221827-new-map-metropolitan-ruins/

Id like to elaborate on #3
The UAC10 nerfs coz kdk3 ....... why nerf the weapon on EVERY mech coz it's op on 1 mech. should have just given KDK-3 negative UAC10 quirks...
the summoner nerfs coz summoner PPC OP Why nerf an entire mech coz of 1 build, should have just given the new Pay to win shoulder Omnipods negative PPC quirks.

Oh, Id also love it if you could let us know how Paul is going in "looking into" dropships nearly destroying our legs in FP/CW thanks Tina, he said he was going to investigate the issue for us last roundtable 2? 3? months ago so i think 90days is nearly gone by.

What I most want from mech con is an announcement that the in game mech select dropdeck screen getting stuck open forcing you to relog, (that has been around since FP/CW launched) has been looked into and cant be fixed/has been looked into and resolved.....

thankyou for taking the time to read.

Edited by CadoAzazel, 28 March 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#25 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

I forgot to add this into the survey response, but maybe some Battlemech/Omnimech plushies at the next Mechcon? I REALLY want to have a Urbanmech plush in my room, as a more comedic remembrance of a video game I love.

Just look at this Marauder Plush, Christ it takes a lot for me to say that this is cute:

Posted Image

Edited by Scout Derek, 28 March 2017 - 05:26 PM.

#26 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

More QA sessions... like... waay more.

I would have loved to talk with the animator back in MechCon16. I still don't know who is PGI's animator.

#27 Cpt Contego

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:10 PM

New Urban maps please!! (Like a full map wide city with very limited open ground)

#28 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 28 March 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

Tina, Deathlike makes a good point in his first post. The information blackout leading up to MechCon 2016 was deafening.

It didn't make the skill tree, assault replacement, or MW5 reveals more mysterious or suspenseful, it just made them surprises.

It didn't even make them surprises.

Russ had repeatedly mentioned Skill Trees going back to beta. The Assault Replacement was originally pitched in late 2015...

Well, okay, MW5 was kind of a surprise, but Russ had said in a townhall back in...2014, I think, that at least the idea of making MW5 had never been abandoned. I remember occasional throwaway comments to that effect in various townhalls since. And I know that by October most believed that PGI was going to announce a new game and speculation had moved to whether it would be panned (a la Transverse) or playable.

But yeah, what was effectively a media blackout was pretty annoying. Especially after the 'roundtable' which, as pitched, were supposed to be fast turnaround, and produce targeted, easy-to-implement changes that could be delivered on a timely and regular basis. It took what, a half year to go from announcement to patch? And watching regular (if hardly timely) updates disappear utterly behind 'wait for mechcon' soured a lot of feelings.

Edited by Kael Posavatz, 28 March 2017 - 06:13 PM.

#29 ScorpionNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Sorry I'm NOT interested in anything from this Mech-Con.
Nope, Good luck!

#30 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

Hire a different DJ.

#31 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:49 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 March 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

Could you be more negative?

oh wait, thats could be considered unconstructive, guess i'll leave my honest response to myself and just say yeah hype, good team mwo

Edited by Hades Trooper, 28 March 2017 - 08:00 PM.

#32 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:02 AM

Firstly thanks for giving a survey of any kind. I think wihilst it pretty much does not affect me it is something that ytou need to do for the game itself. it needs to be part of all the PTS's for example such that you can gather enough data to make the game better. I am actually surprised that you do not do this

I was thinking of attending Mechcon just to meet the people and ask questions since in truth most of the time we do not really get to ask what I think are relevant question

#33 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:52 AM

not sure if i can come over to you guys in vancouver but hey, might be just the opportunity to visit the other side of the globe once.

like i said in the survey, a bit of merchandise would be cool with a t-shirt of distinctive, instantly recognisable armor patterns like the spider, the atlas in skull paintjob and so on.

also, i would pay quite a bit for a spider, atlas, marauder and urbie plush. yes, im a guy. no, i dont care at all.

#34 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:51 AM

View PostPeiper, on 28 March 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Are you thinking about San Francisco?

And we're still waiting for it.

#35 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

My opinion? Don't have the Con, save our money, and spend it on creating new content. Maps, game modes, etc. Although I'm sure this will just fall on deaf ears.

#36 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:34 AM

First off, I just want to say I was at MechCon last year and had a great time. It was great fun to meet the devs, artists, HBS team, Twitch streamers, etc. Oh and hanging out with Duncan Fisher himself 1-on-1 watching the deciding match of the finals was pretty priceless for someone like me who still finds a way to install MW4 Mercs on every computer he builds.

The HBS demo; storytime with Russ, Jordan, Mitch and Randall; the MW5 mercs announcement... all good fun.

View PostD V Devnull, on 28 March 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

Frankly, what would I like to hear was going to happen after MechCon 2017? Let's see...
...and that's pretty much everything I can think of for now. I'll post again on this thread if I can think of anything else! And thanks, Tina Benoit, for keeping the thread from getting cluttered with bad stuff while I was working on this post! Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Hate that survey site... My thoughts are here instead!" Devnull

• The new tech will be added to any older mechs, so many of the long-dead chassis with not enough hard points will get a shot at new life via new loadouts and/or light fusion engines. There is no replacement for good hard point locations and hitboxes though, so don't expect miracles.
  • New skill tree will be removing modules, bro. They won't be around in 2018.
  • Weapon balance will ultimately be looked at by July, with all the new tech coming in. I don't expect old weapons to be nerfed, and I hope the new tech fits the "different but not necessarily better" theme.
  • Rewarding scouting/TAG/NARC behavior is always a decent idea, but it shouldn't be your bread and butter. You still need to kill things and help win the match to really contribute, and rewards should reflect that.
  • It's not just about rewards, there's still work to be done on getting the gameplay where it needs to be. Replacing Assault still needs to be a thing, it has some of the worst results in MWO when you have 10 players just march onto the enemy base and the other team doesn't try to engage them. OK we just walked around for 3 minutes and nobody fired any shots, or made any money/XP Posted Image
  • Haven't read the other thread. But new maps are rarely a bad thing.
Also worth noting that none of these things require MechCon. Sure you can announce things there, but I wouldn't build a platform to announce any relatively minor/expected changes to the game like this. Especially if some of these things will happen before December Posted Image

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 March 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Things get delayed, if it happens in the aerospace industry (it does) then its not ridiculous for it to happen developing a video game.

Regarding the survey, I didn't attend and wasn't able to watch so I will likely refrain from taking the survey.

Let's not invite any comparisons to the F35, shall we?

#37 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:35 AM

What would I like to see? An honest admission that the money from mech packs just goes to making more meck packs. You refuse to optimise. You put out new maps only when the community has you pushed into a corner and its your only way out. You cant/wont come up with even a decent fix for CW because you refuse to give out any kind of proper reward. The rrason you guys have to "cut down on buckets" is because you have alienated a big chunk of the niche community that this game is supportrd by. Most of the folks that I know play this game because its BT. Step away from the BT theme and all thats left is a poorly designed and run FPS.

#38 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:39 AM

View PostSephrus Shanadar, on 29 March 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

What would I like to see? An honest admission that the money from mech packs just goes to making more meck packs. You refuse to optimise. You put out new maps only when the community has you pushed into a corner and its your only way out. You cant/wont come up with even a decent fix for CW because you refuse to give out any kind of proper reward. The rrason you guys have to "cut down on buckets" is because you have alienated a big chunk of the niche community that this game is supportrd by. Most of the folks that I know play this game because its BT. Step away from the BT theme and all thats left is a poorly designed and run FPS.

b.. but...

..E-sports!

#39 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

I did the survey, I hope that PGI do notice I didn't tag anything related to them but just BT and the fans ( well I did tag for the HBS stuff as those guys are so cool )

#40 Chris Puetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 332 posts
  • LocationMechhangar 2, Tamar-City

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

What if Mech Con travel around the World?
So every had the chance to came to Mech Con when it is in the near!
If it is everytime in Vancouver only the Americans or that one with Money had the chance to come!
Every Year an other Location/Continent!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users