#101 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,766 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:04 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

not sure we really need to keep piling on the God-Tier.

It doesn't have to be God-Tier, but I would prefer a more interesting 95 tonner.

#102 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:06 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 29 March 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

It is meh, except the Turkina is even more meh given the limited space and tonnage locked up in hover jets. Not to mention it would potentially be wide like the King Crab which does not bode well either.

The better hardpoint height, and lack of "mech-above-cockpit" with LRM racks removed compared to the Dire could make up for its slightly lower payload. It still has enough room for 2 Gauss and 2 ER PPC, so it can't be THAT bad. I'm not saying it will be KDK/MCMkII/Blood Asp good, so sure, it will be meh, but I don't see why that is the end of the world in this case.

Its not like we are talking about IS assaults which lack currently and shouldn't be getting nostalgia adds.

#103 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,766 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Its not like we are talking about IS assaults which lack currently and shouldn't be getting nostalgia adds.

They don't lack as much as one might think, the tech divide is what holds most back since the firepower gap is most evident in the assaults.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 29 March 2017 - 12:17 PM.

#104 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 29 March 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

They don't lack as much as one might think, the tech divide is what holds most back since the firepower gap is most evident in the assaults.

Sure, but the point is... we aren't hurting for really good Clan assaults...

#105 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,766 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

Sure, but the point is... we aren't hurting for really good Clan assaults...

I know, but like Bishop, I would rather we get one more interesting, like the Kingfisher.

#106 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 29 March 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

I know, but like Bishop, I would rather we get one more interesting, like the Kingfisher.

Posted Image

Truth be told I wish PGI would just find a way to pump out mechs faster so we could have both, and it wouldn't be such a big deal.

But still, 6 ATM-9s... nobody else can do that right now.

Nor can they do 6 LRM15As... (admittedly I don't really care so much for that).

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 29 March 2017 - 12:31 PM.

#107 Clanner Scum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

I mean its not that meh. There is meh and then there is meh. The Dire Wolf could be considered meh by current Clan assault standards.

And the Turkina does bring something newish in the form of LRM boating (which I will agree is meh) and ATM boating, which actually could be kind of cool.

I would rather they just release the Turkina as the 95 tonner and call it good. We have Clan assaults ranging from meh to god-tier currently, not sure we really need to keep piling on the God-Tier.

LRMs on assaults is so ehhhh....it makes me cringe when I see one with LRMs on it. ATMs might be okay. If people would be okay with PGI creating their own variants that feature more than just missile hardpoints then I'd be down with the Turkina. I'd still prefer the Jupiter though. *shrug*

#108 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

View PostClanner Scum, on 29 March 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

LRMs on assaults is so ehhhh....it makes me cringe when I see one with LRMs on it. ATMs might be okay. If people would be okay with PGI creating their own variants that feature more than just missile hardpoints then I'd be down with the Turkina. I'd still prefer the Jupiter though. *shrug*

The Turkina does have more than just missile hardpoints. Its an omni-mech, and 6M is a possible configuration. So is 5E 3B or 4E 5B (but 2 of those E hardpoints for each config have to be one slot lasers).

There are lots of energy/ballistic combos

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 29 March 2017 - 12:35 PM.

#109 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,766 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

But still, 6 ATM-9s... nobody else can do that right now.

Have you looked at SSW or anything to ensure you have enough space for that and all the ammo? Last I knew even the 4 ATM12 build runs out of room before tonnage.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

The Turkina does have more than just missile hardpoints. Its an omni-mech, and 6M is a possible configuration. So is 5E 3B or 4E 5B (but 2 of those E hardpoints for each config have to be one slot lasers).

More than 3E is pretty much a waste on it given how it is cramped for space like the Night Gyr.

#110 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 29 March 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

Have you looked at SSW or anything to ensure you have enough space for that and all the ammo? Last I knew even the 4 ATM12 build runs out of room before tonnage.

How much ammo do you think we need?

Posted Image

#111 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,766 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

How much ammo do you think we need?

That should be enough, though the heat worries me quite a bit.

#112 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

16DHS:

Posted Image

16DHS:
Posted Image

20 DHS:
Posted Image

This is without stripping any additional armor, can probably work out enough tonnage for a TC1 if necessary.

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 29 March 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

That should be enough, though the heat worries me quite a bit.

Yeah I was worried about that too. Although 10 tons is probably close to 2000 damage worth, so 12 is probably too much, and then like you say you get slot restricted but you can probably do 8 tons and another 2 DHS for 17 total DHS.

One thing I noticed is the Turkey would really love the -H variant which is legal with the tech update coming, because it gains a left torso ballistic which opens up some better dakka options.

It could also do the UAC10/ER PPC build entirely on the left side, as a side note.

2 HLL and 2 Gauss is also a possibility, with more DHS.

#113 Clanner Scum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

I'm totally cool with the Kingfisher though, rad mech.

#114 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

I have some of the Dark Age clix and the models look damn impressive, I'd love to see those incorporated into the game. I am not sure how this game would implement the wings and they'd be a dead giveaway.

#115 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

Lurmageddon Turkey, 18DHS, 11 tons of ammo, complete with head TAG

Posted Image

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 29 March 2017 - 01:36 PM.

#116 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,766 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

It could also do the UAC10/ER PPC build entirely on the left side, as a side note.

I haven't been a fan of that for a long time, the UAC10 and ERPPC don't sync up, which is why 3 UAC5 is better if you can squeeze it.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

Lurmageddon Turkey, 18DHS, 11 tons of ammo, complete with head TAG

This is honestly better than the ATM version simply because it has better heat dissipation. ATMs eat up too much crits for them to be really good on the Turkey if you are boating them.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

16DHS:

Posted Image

16DHS:
Posted Image

Why would I build either of these on the Turkey over the Whale especially given the width of the hardpoints?

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 29 March 2017 - 01:38 PM.

#117 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 29 March 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

I haven't been a fan of that for a long time, the UAC10 and ERPPC don't sync up, which is why 3 UAC5 is better if you can squeeze it.

I've found it to be reasonably effective at melting mechs with day to day play. You can squeeze the UAC5s on, but the placement gets weird unless we get the H left torso. Essentially, you put 2 UAC5s in the left arm, 2 ER PPC in the left torso, and 1 UAC5 in the right torso. That wouldn't be too bad actually, the overall alpha convergence would be comparable to the UAC10 build, but the velocities would sync better. Compared to the MAD-IIC-A its slower significantly, but overall weapons are higher, most likely have less mech above the cockpit, and it has HoverJets to scale hills/buildings.

#118 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,766 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

I've found it to be reasonably effective at melting mechs with day to day play. You can squeeze the UAC5s on, but the placement gets weird unless we get the H left torso. Essentially, you put 2 UAC5s in the left arm, 2 ER PPC in the left torso, and 1 UAC5 in the right torso. That wouldn't be too bad actually, the overall alpha convergence would be comparable to the UAC10 build, but the velocities would sync better. Compared to the MAD-IIC-A its slower significantly, but overall weapons are higher, most likely have less mech above the cockpit, and it has HoverJets to scale hills/buildings.

Yeah, don't care, not interested. Give me a Blood Asp and/or Kingfisher before the Turkina.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 29 March 2017 - 01:45 PM.

#119 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 29 March 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Why would I build either of these on the Turkey over the Whale especially given the width of the hardpoints?

Depends on how wide they actually are, but mainly hardpoint height (the arms are definitely higher, and the energy weapons are probably the same height), and again, the lack of the huge "hood" on the Dire means from straight on it should have a smaller profile/less mech above the cockpit to shoot. It would presumably also have better agility, but can't be sure on that.

#120 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

Having spent, due to this thread, a whole 15 minutes looking at C.J.F Assault mechs, it became clear in those 15 minutes why there are no C.J.F Assault mechs in the game.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users