Adder Help

4 replies to this topic

#1 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

I have recently bought eh adder, I own the D variant, and I am currently liking it but am looking for builds. I now the 2 PPC is meta but since it has ballistic quirks I was looking for something that involves them.

#2 Dace

• Pip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 15 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:07 AM

Hey. Okay, so. Here's the thing about the Adder. They have a secret quirk, a special ability if you will. People don't seem to know this yet, but Adders become invisible when there is any other mech standing next to them. Seriously though, Adders seem to be quite a low target priority, which you can use to your benefit. It's also very, very versatile. Ballistic builds. Basically, you have 3 options. Maybe 4.

The Adder D right arm has UAC quirks, and the B arm has LBX quirks. Far as I can tell, the weapons don't need to be in those omnipods to receive the benefits, but if I'm wrong someone will correct me. Anyway. My favourite build for the Adder is

LB-X10, 3 ER Smalls - Basically, stick near bigger mechs, shoot things with your lasers and LB-X as you desire, try and save the LB-X for open components and wreck face. Strong right side poking and hill peaking with the lasers as they are all fairly high mounted and the Adder is quite small.

Another build would be to strip the head down to 15 points of armour, totally strip the left arm, drop the heatsink and make those smalls, small pulses. Something like This

Finally, for LB-X's, you can go even bigger on the LB-X front and go Full BOOM

Alright, that covers the LB-X options. For UAC's I would say one of the following

UAC/5 with TC3 this one does a little better at range. Poking mostly with the UAC5's and the ER Meds. Support build, like all of these are of course.

UAC/10 w/ ER smalls - Same as above, but with more UAC punch.

Dual UAC/2's Honourable mention, really.. I never had much success with it, but hey ho.

You could put an Ultra 20 on it and smalls, but that's probably closer than you might want to get with the Adder, but it's an option.

And finally, for ballistic builds, ye good olde Gauss Vomit - Plays like your standard Gauss loadout, with 2 er meds as backup..

That's just the builds I've used and I am sure there's probably variations I haven't thought of, but... Those primarily focus on the ballistics like you wanted, with backup lasers.

Hope this helps!

#3 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 556 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:26 AM

One of my guys runs a 2xLBX2's and 2xMPL. He is pretty lethal with it.

#4 The Schwartz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:13 AM

3x ER SL and UAC/20, 2x UAC/2's and 2 ML/2MPL, 2x UAC/5's mainly i keep them in the torso and play it like a mini jaeger. Fun lil mech.

#5 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:51 AM

If you don't mind the speed reduction, the Cougar is going to get more Pod space and JJs...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users