#201 Delta1262 Scorch

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:38 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 04 April 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

I would really like more ways to get access to more caches, for events like the Lucky Charms this would have been great, as it adds a reward within a reward. If you hate supply caches, you just sell it.

It would be great to have a supply cache review page, where you can evaluate what you've won, against what you could have one. I am yet to win a mech, and I've opened probably around 100+, the gf opened like 10 and got the banshee (typical Posted Image )

I like this idea, premium time for colours you own is a great trade off, colours are so versatile that it really is a significant reward. Buying it outright is crazy expensive though. On the topic of colours, please can we get some NEON colours, I like shiny glowy mechs and I can not lie.

Indeed, the idea with colors as prizes is cool. Also such rewards gonna be much more attractive for the new players, during the events of past 2 years+ i already got bunch of most various colors, sure that will be fine to get some more, but that's not so necessary for me, as for friends who started to play MWO later - they still can't get nothing more then basic colors, there wasn't any single event with such prizes for a long time now, and their prices, well, you knowPosted Image

One more point is about supply caches, i wonder how they gonna look like after this month update, if skill tree will finally be implemented, and modules will be removed from the game, because there are many of them among the caches loot right now.Posted Image

#202 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:14 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 03 April 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

MC and C-Bills seems to be the most appealing prizes from what I've seen, otherwise we're pretty open to any types depending on the effort of the challenge(s). Colors and sometimes even camos however are the most complicated to give away though. Reason to that is because if you have bought a color on your account and suddenly that very color is now a prize from an event, you wouldn't benefit from it as you cannot receive that very same color twice..

I own a ton of colors and I still think they're great prizes. I've had a few I didn't get because I already owned them, and I'm ok with that. Please don't exclude them on that grounds. That said, if a "one standard/premium/special color" voucher or unlock was possible, it would be a super awesome prize (even "one standard green" would be great).

Edited by TercieI, 04 April 2017 - 04:16 AM.

#203 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:14 AM

probably just turn them in to **** things no one wants. like flamers MG signal heat sinks ect.

View PostDelta1262 Scorch, on 04 April 2017 - 03:38 AM, said:

One more point is about supply caches, i wonder how they gonna look like after this month update, if skill tree will finally be implemented, and modules will be removed from the game, because there are many of them among the caches loot right now.Posted Image

Edited by The Boneshaman, 04 April 2017 - 04:18 AM.

#204 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:14 AM

Camo in supply caches won't work (what chassis would it unlock for?) but it really would be nice to have random colors/decals in there. There would need to be some extra effort put in to make it work, but it might actually tempt me to buy a key from time to time since I like cosmetic items but hate spending MC on them :P

Avoiding duplication could be tricky. I know the contents of caches are pre-determined, and since you can sit on a cache indefinitely before opening it, simply checking at the time you're assigned the cache to see if you own the color might not be a good enough solution. You could buy the color before opening the cache.

Maybe you could just win the equivalent amount of MC if you already own that color? That's a simple and fair solution that seemingly wouldn't require a lot of unnecessary UI work.

#205 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:23 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 03 April 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

MC and C-Bills seems to be the most appealing prizes from what I've seen, otherwise we're pretty open to any types depending on the effort of the challenge(s). Colors and sometimes even camos however are the most complicated to give away though. Reason to that is because if you have bought a color on your account and suddenly that very color is now a prize from an event, you wouldn't benefit from it as you cannot receive that very same color twice..

Just an idea, how about implementing vouchers for colors/one shots/pattern unlocks? These could then be a prize (and perhaps also an item in the gift shop) - and as a result nobody would miss out on anything.

On the other hand, we already have MC that enables us purchase of said items so why not just reward MC I guess...

P.S.: so sad I could not participate this weekend, would it perhaps be possible to extend these for one more day in the future?

#206 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:46 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 04 April 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

It would be great to have a supply cache review page, where you can evaluate what you've won, against what you could have one. I am yet to win a mech, and I've opened probably around 100+, the gf opened like 10 and got the banshee (typical Posted Image )

there is a now 10 page thread about opening caches in the general forum, every time I open a batch I post the results for each one, and last night's batch of nine I also listed the worse item in each one vs what I got.

#207 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

I know this is not new, but looking at the grindy game of Star Conflict, we might be able to use similar "loot" system...
In Star Conflict, each PVE, PVP, Co-op and Raid game mode give you few "loot nodes" (credits, reputation or crafting components) and the first victory of the day for each game mode give you a "purple" (rare crafting stuff guaranteed) node.

Maybe we could have something like daily/weekly challenges, missions or even campaigns that could provide supply caches or keys, similar to our victory team, but having the supply caches use different quality levels.

examples:
- random daily mission to do XYZ (kill 5 Steiner assault mechs, defend assault base 3 times, conquer planets...) = gain 1 normal supply cache
- complete 5 daily missions per week to complete a weekly campaign = gain 1 rare supply cache
- complete 10 campaigns per season (e.g. 3 months) = gain 1 ultra rare supply cache

and the supply caches could use different amount of keys (e.g. 0 or 1 key for normal, 2 for rare, and 3-5 keys for ultra rare)
the supply cache items might need to be changed to have multiple items (e.g. you recieve 1 item for normal cache, 2-3 items for rare cache and 4-5 items for ultra rare cache).
or the quality level inside the caches are higher.

#208 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

Fools warhorn doesn't work!!

#209 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

View PostApollo777, on 14 April 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

Fools warhorn doesn't work!!

You realise it only goes off when you die, right?

#210 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:30 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 14 April 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

You realise it only goes off when you die, right?

Oh i didn't know that, thought it works just like other warhorns!Posted Image
Thx alot for the info.Posted Image

#211 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

View PostApollo777, on 14 April 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

Oh i didn't know that, thought it works just like other warhorns!Posted Image
Thx alot for the info.Posted Image

Posted Image