Remember Pgi Used To Have Special Geometry On Special Mechs?

27 replies to this topic

#21 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:59 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 05 April 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

I'd pay MC for custom geometry on a lot of my mechs.

Catapult noses, Battlemaster cockpits, Atlas skulls, Wolverine chin-turrets, Centurion Mohawks, etc.

Battlemaster bubble cockpit now, or we riot! Well, okay, maybe not riot, but we'll frown disapprovingly and possibly mutter under our breaths.

I also want a proper "sloped" Thunderbolt torso rather than the square block we have now. AND A HUGE FRICKIN' ARM LASER!

Posted Image

vs.

Posted Image

#22 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:03 AM

Hmmm, let's see if I understand this "custom geo" thing correctly :

Those are purely cosmetic, right ? No special hitboxes or things like that ?

#23 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:30 AM

If we want to be picky about it, Gargoyle hero got special geometry. Specifically the addition of a head band.

Regular Gargles.

Posted Image

Hero Gargles.

Posted Image

#24 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:45 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 06 April 2017 - 01:03 AM, said:

Hmmm, let's see if I understand this "custom geo" thing correctly :

Those are purely cosmetic, right ? No special hitboxes or things like that ?

Yes.

Like the Founders mechs, the Atlas has one eye covered, the catapult has a pointy nose.

Back in beta I was hopeful for TONS of cosmetic. I figured it would be a great sink for the insane amount of XP that would pool up after you completed the tree. In my ideal scenario we'd be able to customize our looks extensively and pay for a 30% c-bill buff for any mech we wanted, essentially creating our own heroes out of our favorite mechs.

Edited by Roughneck45, 06 April 2017 - 06:49 AM.

#25 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:59 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 April 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

If we want to be picky about it, Gargoyle hero got special geometry. Specifically the addition of a head band.

I'm not seeing a special headband, just some fancy embossed texturing. The regular Gargoyle also has a protruding brow.

#26 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:37 AM

ok, so continuing the convo, can anyone point out the "specialness" of SHC? someone help me point out the ACH and crab already.

But especially the SHC has been bothering me for over a year now... I just can't figure it out.

#27 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:36 AM

Those who want the special geo probably didn't have to wait 2.5 years to put camo on their (I) MadCat like I did. You could've kept the dang luggage racks if it would have let me put camo on the stupid mech. By the time I was finally able to put camo on my (I) TWolf, the Marauder had just came out and I haven't been back to it since. #ThanksPGI

#28 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 05 April 2017 - 02:59 AM, said:

Are we not doing that anymore?

For example, any of the upcoming heroes should have special geometry...

I know it's sorta undue burden, but there's absolutely no reason why a EBJ (I) which is essentially a Prime Variant looks a lot cooler than the upcoming Hero, which means something.

Same with IS heroes

I mean, you guys did it with the little siren on the Urbie... 20 bucks a mech on average, just show us some love, change some parts appearance to make them cool. Come on PGI, don't be lazy Suzy.

PS My 2 favorite special geometry mechs to be the "Bane Mask" EBJ and "Gundam" Blacknight.

I am still trying to figure out what's special about my ACH and SHC. If you know, please let me know. Cause I stare at those 2 for hours and couldn't figure out the special geometry that the store page promised. They look frankly the same as regular variants...

(come to think of it... neither does the Crab, Wolfhound, or Mauler look any different...)

Hum....

Wait a min....

(getting pitchfork ready)

I think the combination of the added development time, texturing headache, and the fact that people actually complained about special geometry in some cases actually led them to just cut the special geometry.

Not sure why the heros "should" have special geometry, hero mechs have NEVER had it aside from the Urbie, so you are kind of pulling that one out of thin air.

The last pack to feature custom geo was Resistance II, including the Wolfhound, Crab, Black Knight, and Mauler.

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 April 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

Regular Gargles.

Posted Image

Hero Gargles.

Posted Image

Uhh I think that's an illusion. Looks like just a gold texture to me.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users