Clan Heros Ii, So You Guys Know Better Than Pgi, Huh?

156 replies to this topic

#81 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:10 PM

View PostMoomtazz, on 05 April 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Purifier pods made the kit fox deadly. Summoner loyalty pod is a huge improvement if running dual ERPPC. Mist Lynx torso energy slots will make it viable. Even the Ice Ferret gets a big boost with the ECM mount.
Oh and did I mention that I already paid real cash for every one of those sub par mechs? Now PGI wants me to pay more real money to make them viable? F Dat!

Those kinds of paywalled boosts are what kills games.

Or you know, like not buy the hero it's a option not a requirement. If you feel like it a must to buy go ahead, but if you need a ecm slot just to make the ferret work for you then that a skill issue you need to fix, and at best these pods will help the mechs only so much and not outright make them a must have.

#82 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Why doesn't every one just buy the mechs? then it's not pay2win. Problem solved.
Also, how much longer is this stupid meltdown going to continue?
You'd think someone stole your dog , turned into a prostitute and got it addicted to heroine the way you guys just keep going and going annnnnd going. Christ on a poostick, lighten up.

Usually come here because the news media has been absolute shite.... And now this crap. Guess it's time to surf Newegg until I realize I shouldn't buy anything...sigh. also why the hell did a newegg link showing on my comments that was weird af.

Edited by JackalBeast, 05 April 2017 - 08:21 PM.

#83 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

View PostMystere, on 05 April 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

Hold on a second! Isn't MWOWC the only "official" tournament so far?

No, First Contact was the first "official" tournament I believe or at the very least the first that was of that style.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 05 April 2017 - 08:19 PM.

#84 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 05 April 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

No, First Contact was the first "official" tournament I believe or at the very least the first that was of that style.

It was a "beta".

#85 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 05 April 2017 - 08:10 PM, said:

Or you know, like not buy the hero it's a option not a requirement. If you feel like it a must to buy go ahead, but if you need a ecm slot just to make the ferret work for you then that a skill issue you need to fix, and at best these pods will help the mechs only so much and not outright make them a must have.

Skill issue? Lol You still running around in your stock builds?

Some of these pods will easily push the mechs up 2 tiers. Mist lynx for example running around with 6 spl is now going to been seen in the game again lol

#86 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 05 April 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

Some of these pods will easily push the mechs up 2 tiers. Mist lynx for example running around with 6 spl is now going to been seen in the game again lol

Whelp... I better get that funeral pyre going.

#87 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

You make it sound as if that is a bad thing.

#88 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

View PostMystere, on 05 April 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

You make it sound as if that is a bad thing.

It is when you have to pay money for balanced mechs.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 05 April 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#89 The Lighthouse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:39 PM

The simplest solution is release non-Hero version of the mech, with very delayed release (maybe 6 months to a year) just like loyalty variants.

Or let us buy the omnipods with MC and/or overpriced cbill price.... but then this does not account IS hero mechs.

#90 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:01 PM

Im still waiting to be able to get a summoner torso omnipod to be able to play the PPC summoner like the people who got the hero can, that was about 12 months ago right ????????

Oh wait, they nerfed the summoner to hell coz of that pod instead of just neg quirking the pod.

Thought I'd be able to get it for cbills 3-4 months later like everything else and i would be fine with that, but this system is P2W when you can never get it without real money.

Mad Cat mkii 6+ months after whales get it? geegee another way their trying to get people to spend real money, delay the time to even longer before everyone else can get it.

#91 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:12 PM

Oh don't start with me bout stock since I don't run stock, and I'm expecting waves of theses mechs on the day of release dominating everything and ****** anything that moves. Ah ******* kidding me with that horse **** lass, it won't change much with these mechs since players won't pick most these hero's up anyway the one that most likely have significant chunk is the hbr but it's not even much different from the f omnipods just one more energy hardpoint on the right torso oh dear flying spaghetti monster the horror.

Theses mechs are not even impressive with these omnipods other than the gargoyle, executioner, and mad dog that bring something unique in their field.

#92 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:11 AM

You guys can calm down. Russ has already said they'll continue to evaluate the heroes and adjust as needed.

#93 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:15 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 06 April 2017 - 03:11 AM, said:

You guys can calm down. Russ has already said they'll continue to evaluate the heroes and adjust as needed.

Yep, in 9 months after release they'll nerf the entire mechs because of the pods (Summoner)

#94 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:20 AM

View PostCadoAzazel, on 06 April 2017 - 03:15 AM, said:

Yep, in 9 months after release they'll nerf the entire mechs because of the pods (Summoner)

Actually he was saying pre-release
Posted Image
Posted Image

#95 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:32 AM

Wasn't that the same guy that works for the same company, that said that they'd fix the Alpine Peaks domination point?

#96 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:16 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 06 April 2017 - 03:32 AM, said:

Wasn't that the same guy that works for the same company, that said that they'd fix the Alpine Peaks domination point?

Dont worry they're having a 4th attempt at it this April patch.

#97 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:45 AM

Looks to me Russ is only going to adjust mechs if they move up to tier 1. Low tier mechs will still keep the "pay 2 balance" pods.

#98 0111101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

View PostCK16, on 05 April 2017 - 04:18 AM, said:

Ok tired of seeing this sh!t thrown out every time a new hero is released, especially a Clan Omni....there is always the PTW argument....because anything that is new is usually consider this....Yet there is the flip side....an omni pod offering nothing new is deemed useless and redundant and people yell saying it's worthless to buy....

So you guys who are all knowing on this....make your own hero mechs that are not PTW based off the recent Wave 2 & 3 heros.....I dare you to come up with something not pay to win while not useless....Good luck!

Hero Shadow Cat. Reduce 2M RT to 1M. Change LT to 1M. This forces the player to make a choice between ECM (the current go-to LT omnipod) or a 4th missile hard point, instead of a flat upgrade to the free-to-play 1M RT. Checkmate, OP.

Edited by 0111101, 06 April 2017 - 06:51 AM.

#99 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

View PostMystere, on 05 April 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

Hold on a second! Isn't MWOWC the only "official" tournament so far? That tournament allowed heroes.

Or did I incorrectly read your post?

I mean, heros to use in MWOWC could be obtained for free, without paying cash or MC, so obviously they would be allowed.

#100 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostBrizna, on 05 April 2017 - 05:05 AM, said:

Yeah, power creep is so bad with the new heroes, for example MLX hero is gonna get two energy mounts in a torso!! The thing is gonna have pairs of ACHs for lunch!!

PS: In a serious note, PGI does have the habit of "fixing" under performing mechs with P2W: Urbanmech Hero, Loyalty Suckoner, now MLX and I am sure I forget some other bad mech that got some buffs barred by a pay wall. Not exactly a fix for anyone not willing to spend some cash but certainly not a real P2W, since all those mech remain far from being the best, they just became more usable.

Curiously the ****** cat got no real useful hardpoints, I would have given it a few extra energy hardponits in the STs, since It already lacks the tonnage for large ballistics and missiles. As one of the chosen few who does run a Myst Lynx, I definitely appreciate having some non-arm mounted weapons finally. The heavy lasers and HMGs on the Ice Ferret are nice, but I doubt they're going to make that mech viable.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users