• Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

Refs:
https://www.mwomercs...clan-heroes-two
http://www.sarna.net...oner_(Gladiator)
TRO:3050
TRO:3050 (Upgrade)

"What weights ninety-five tons, can run at more than 80 kilometers per hour, can jump 120 meters, and carries a Gauss rifle?"

Currently the affiliation of the Executioner Cherbi Hero is listed as Clan Wolf. This is confusing for two reasons: first the Executioner is a Clan Ghost Bear mech and second Clan Wolf does not as a general rule use the Executioner.

Further it is fairly clear that Gorman Bekker is supposed to be a Clan Ghost Bear mechwarrior. He participated in the successful defence of the very first Executioner Trial of Possession and Bekker is an exclusive Ghost Bear mechwarrior bloodname.

Finally, Clan Wolf has another Wave 2 & 3 Hero while Clan Ghost Bear has none. In the previous Wave 1 Heros, there were two Clan Wolf Heros and only one Clan Ghost Bear.

Make the EXE-CH's Affiliation Clan Ghost Bear!

RAM
ELH

#2 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

Maybe it was taken as isorla, that kinda thing happens all the time in the clans

#3 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:07 AM

As taken from a posting on oldbob 10025 youtube page:

OldBob 1002513 hours ago
Thanks to Stuggaroy we found more information on some of the mechs out there.So it looks like they did get it 100% but had to dig deep at some books...
Eva Hordwon :Details down below
Lucian Carns has a sarna page.
Vesper Beckett's name was mispelled. It is actually "Vuspen Beckett" from technical readout 3058: Details down below
Gorman Bekker: Details down below (Tech Readout 3050 Upgrade)
Sumner Osis was a obscure reference on a few sarna pages (Thanks)
Karl Devalis has a sarna page.
Joanna has a sarna page.
Ulric Kerensky has a sarna page.
Russou Howell has a sarna page

MechWarrior Eva Hordwon: Eva comes from an Asa Taney-Lysa Hordwon sibko. From an early age, she managed to gain her genefather’s attention by challenging him to a personal trial at age 16. Eva then went on to win her Trial of Position by defeating three of her opponents, but Khan Taney assigned her to the Seventh Attack Cluster as a Star Commander. She lost the Trial of Refusal against her genefather, as well as both her legs, but after they were re-grown her performance in a Hankyu was considered exemplary in her Clan. Assigned to saKhan Weiland Cage’s Lithe Kill Keshik as a “surprise” for Khan Ward, Star Commander Eva continued to excel, nearly defeating the Wolf Khan. Much to Asa Taney’s chagrin, Vlad Ward took her as a bondsman. Eva quickly proved herself worthy to be a Wolf Warrior, and serves in the Golden Keshik. She traveled back to Babylon in 3066 to gain her Bloodname.

Star Captain Vuspen Beckett: After spending several years within Epsilon Galaxy, Star Captain Beckett was assigned to serve as a Cloud Cobra ambassador to Clan Blood Spirit on York. There, he has aided Spirit leaders in preparing defenses and devising counter-Adder tactics. Yet the Adders regularly bypass or defeat the measures enacted against them, leading some to believe that the Star Adders have somehow managed to intercept Beckett’s regular reports to his own superiors. Nevertheless, he and his Cauldron-Born are virtually a staple on the bloodiest battlefields of York, though he has yet to fire a shot in anger—the Adders recognize him as a neutral observer and thus an off-limits

Star Commander Gorman Bekker: In service to the Golden Keshik for a stunning twenty-two years, Bekker accounted for eighteen Trial victories against fourteen Clans, all over the Gladiator or its production site. Bekker died from a massive brain aneurysm in the middle of his nineteenth Trial against the Smoke Jaguars. Refusing to recognize that a natural malady would claim such a fierce warrior, the Jaguars honored Bekker’s legacy by including a small statue of him at their genetic repository, an unheard of recognition.

Edited by Fobhopper, 05 April 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#4 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:01 AM

This is an issue far above MWO and PGI I feel lol..

http://bg.battletech...p?topic=57061.0

#5 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:03 AM

View PostCK16, on 05 April 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

When even the classic battletech devs are unsure. Top kek.

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:05 AM

View PostCK16, on 05 April 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

Yup.

Here's an Idea... just repaint it and make it into a Clan Goliath Scorpion Hero. CGB has plenty. ;)

View PostPariah Devalis, on 05 April 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

When even the classic battletech devs are unsure. Top kek.

Just restores my faith in Battletech. Editing and fact checking was atrocious the entire FASA tenure... kind of nice to still see some of it bleed thru....

#7 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 April 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Here's an Idea... just repaint it and make it into a Clan Goliath Scorpion Hero.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Phantom later down the road to have a CGS hero?

Outside the general Omnimechs (Stormcrow/Mad Dog/Hellbringer) I think the only other one they produced were Phantoms.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 05 April 2017 - 11:06 AM.

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:08 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 05 April 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Phantom later down the road to have a CGS hero?

Outside the general Omnimechs (Stormcrow/Mad Dog/Hellbringer) I think the only other one they produced were Phantoms.

Sure... but what fun is sense? Make even more sense for the Fire Scorpion... but well, we all know that ain't happening.

Mind you, I'd prefer something fast, Medium and jump capable, myself.

#9 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 April 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Mind you, I'd prefer something fast, Medium and jump capable, myself.

Yeah, but Clan Wolf didn't really produce something like the Viper or Grendel so of course CGS wouldn't use it given how they had their noses up the Wolves butt for most of their existence.

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:17 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 05 April 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Yeah, but Clan Wolf didn't really produce something like the Viper or Grendel so of course CGS wouldn't use it given how they had their noses up the Wolves butt for most of their existence.

Lol.... not so much as you seem to think

Araña
Bowman
Commando IIC
Fire Scorpion
Kodiak
Night Gyr
Pinion
Piranha
Reptar
Spirit
Stone Rhino (Behemoth)
Thunder Stallion
Turkina
UrbanMech IIC

Mind you.... I'd take an Urbie IIC.... and if I actually was any good in Lights, I'd like the Commando IIC...... A Bowman might be fun.

Of course, the best joke would be for it to be a Turkina..... a good joke on both me and Gas.

#11 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 April 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

Lol.... not so much as you seem to think

Well, pre-3067 they were, they came into their own during the jihad era with the War of Reaving (which it was about time).

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 April 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

Araña
Bowman
Commando IIC
Fire Scorpion
Kodiak
Night Gyr
Pinion
Piranha
Reptar
Spirit
Stone Rhino (Behemoth)
Thunder Stallion
Turkina
UrbanMech IIC

When did they gain so many CJF mechs? Was this before they got ejected from the KC during the jihad era? Or are those factories they managed to take with them when they pulled an emergency Ghost Bear?

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 05 April 2017 - 11:36 AM.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:42 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 05 April 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

Well, pre-3067 they were, they came into their own during the jihad era with the War of Reaving (which it was about time).

When did they gain so many CJF mechs? Was this before they got ejected from the KC during the jihad era? Or are those factories they managed to take with them when they pulled an emergency Ghost Bear?

dunno TBH...just typed in "clan goliath scorpion mechs" and this is what pops up on sarna. I mean... They never really built a lot of their own, but yeah... I was a bit surprised. Warriors are still pretty good, but their mech selection is pretty crappy. Pretty blank on the whole war of reaving and after.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 05 April 2017 - 11:45 AM.

#13 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:43 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 05 April 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Why is everyone always trying to give away Hell's Horses' Mechs? The Hellbringer, Stormcrow and Nova are all CHH designed and built. True, CHH lost Tokasha Alpha Mechworks through a trial of possession with CGB but they did eventually reclaim it when the Ghost Bears left for the inner sphere by taking it from Clan Goliath Scorpion. Give them their due for designing three of the most iconic Clan omni-Mechs.

As soon as the CHH decal comes out, I will finish converting all three of the heroes for these chassis to proper Clan Hell's Horses heroes. In the meantime, I am fine with Joanna being the Hellbringer hero. The only thing that really bugs me is that her Mech was named TER. Where the hell did the name Virago come from?

#14 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

View PostRampage, on 05 April 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

Why is everyone always trying to give away Hell's Horses' Mechs? The Hellbringer, Stormcrow and Nova are all CHH designed and built.

They may be originally designed by Hell's Horses (Snow Raven would eventually produce the SCrow first though I believe, thus the name) but they were widely produced across the Clans.

The Stormcrow/Mad Dog/Hellbringer were produced by most Clans iirc, that's just how common they were.

View PostRampage, on 05 April 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

True, CHH lost Tokasha Alpha Mechworks through a trial of possession with CGB but they did eventually reclaim it when the Ghost Bears left for the inner sphere by taking it from Clan Goliath Scorpion.

The Nova wasn't produced there after CGB took it, can't remember why but production for the Nova stopped after that ToP.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 April 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

dunno TBH...just typed in "clan goliath scorpion mechs" and this is what pops up on sarna. I mean... They never really built a lot of their own, but yeah... I was a bit surprised.

Pretty sure that is post jihad then, dervishx5 put in a lot of time to get the factories correct for the KC when he ran or helped run the NBT-Classic leagues and I know they didn't produce most of those mechs at that time but they did produce the Phantom.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 05 April 2017 - 11:50 AM.

#15 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 05 April 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

They may be originally designed by Hell's Horses (Snow Raven would eventually produce the SCrow first though I believe, thus the name) but they were widely produced across the Clans.

The Stormcrow/Mad Dog/Hellbringer were produced by most Clans iirc, that's just how common they were.

The Nova wasn't produced there after CGB took it, can't remember why but production for the Nova stopped after that ToP.

Pretty sure that is post jihad then, dervishx5 put in a lot of time to get the factories correct for the KC when he ran or helped run the NBT-Classic leagues and I know they didn't produce most of those mechs at that time but they did produce the Phantom.

doubt they produce almost any of them. Just trade and or fight for most of them.

Pre escape, they produced Fire Scorpion (Roche), Hellbringer (Roche), Commando IIC (Marshall), Horned Owl, Warhawk (Abysmal Facility, Huntess), Behemoth 2, Nova, Storm Crow, Gargoyle (Tokasha Mechworks), to the best of my knowledge is are the only facilities and mechs they manufactured pre escape.

Phantom is a design from Phelan Ward, Wolf Clan, only on Eden and Strana Mechty, as far as I recall.

#16 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 April 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

doubt they produce almost any of them. Just trade and or fight for most of them.

Pre escape, they produced Fire Scorpion (Roche), Hellbringer (Roche), Commando IIC (Marshall), Horned Owl, Warhawk (Abysmal Facility, Huntess), Behemoth 2, Nova, Storm Crow, Gargoyle (Tokasha Mechworks), to the best of my knowledge is are the only facilities and mechs they manufactured pre escape.

Maybe he felt bad for CGS and gave them a Phantom factory, I wouldn't be surprised XD. That said the rest look about right, forgot they produced wonderful Warhawks on Huntress thanks to CSJ getting annihilated.

#17 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

I'm surprised the Executioner hero wasn't Vandervahn Chitsu, the saKhan of Clan Jade Falcon, and also made an appearance in the BattleTech cartoon. In the Refusal War, he fought against Clan Wolf Khan Ulric Kerensky's Gargoyle in a dishonorable Trial of Grievance in which Kerensky was killed.

Edited by TELEFORCE, 05 April 2017 - 03:28 PM.

#18 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 05 April 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

Maybe it was taken as isorla, that kinda thing happens all the time in the clans

*He Posted Image

Yes it can happen; however, the lore would be extremely convoluted if that where the case. Gorman successfully fought the very first Exe Trial of Possession as an Ghost Bear exclusive bloodnamed warrior; he died during his last Exe ToP. As the Wolves have no Exe production facilities he could not have been a Wolf at the end and he must have been Ghost Bear born, bloodnamed, circa 3001 and when he died.

RAM
ELH

#19 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:34 AM

It says Clan Ghost Bear now.

#20 CK16

• The Cub