#1 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

The right arm has 3 missle hard points and a ballistic accourding to the picture.. please update ebon jaguar hard points to properly label what it has pgi..

#2 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:42 AM

Some of us pointed out that when Hero 1 hit with the picture showing Warrant with a CT E that the picture didn't match the actual loadout.

But then, PGI always add the warning that artwork does not represent the actual product. So, that's their get out of jail free card, I guess.

Trust me, a lot of us complained about the laziness... on the simple fact that they can't show you exactly what it will be like despite selling you 15 dollars per fictional electronic commodities. But I guess with time... we just gotten used to it.

So, just know that the artwork is not final... and they are merely showing you how cool EBJ would look with scales. Open your wallet and rain cash like on a stripper. Life is good indeed....

#3 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:57 AM

yup under every picture it says (Artwork does not reflect final loadouts)
i think this is because though they have the Camo Complete, the HardPoints arnt,
so thats why the new HardPoint locations ect. dont appear in the Pictures,

#4 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

I think it's kinda funny that the MWO promo pictures tend to show ppcs, autocannons, gauss and big missile launchers, because PGI knows that the tiny laser cubes look pretty unimpressive.

Posted Image

Atlas with 2 UAC5s and 2 PPCs in the right hand. Timber Wolf with 2 PPCs in the left hand.

#5 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:58 AM

View PostNatred, on 06 April 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

The right arm has 3 missle hard points and a ballistic accourding to the picture..

Incorrect. That is what an LRM20 launcher looks like on an EBJ arm. The loadout on the picture is something like this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a388d2ba6634b86
Yes, no armor and no ammo for at least one weapon. Whether its a joke or a "marketing" move, it looks... cringy to say the least.

Edited by banana peel, 06 April 2017 - 10:00 AM.

#6 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:09 AM

Lots of the IS heroes were shown the same way with hardpoints in picture that just don't exist on the real hero.

Don't take the pictures for face value. Camo show only.

#7 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostNatred, on 06 April 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

The right arm has 3 missle hard points and a ballistic accourding to the picture.. please update ebon jaguar hard points to properly label what it has pgi..

Artwork does not reflect final loadouts

plainly posted on all models on the sales page, that one has to access before spending money.

If one is too stupid to look at what is actually there before hitting "spend", they probably should not be trusted with a Credit Card to begin with.

#8 RoadblockXL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:43 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 April 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

Artwork does not reflect final loadouts

Doesn't change the fact that it is incredibly disappointing to look at the pictures of the EBJ, MDD and GAR heroes, thinking that they will have arms that can mount ballistics and energy, only to look at the planned loadouts and discover that none of them can actually do those loadouts.

#9 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:44 AM

Someone is scarred the final touch to the ebon jaguar is a srm jag would ve sweet.. 4 missle hard points on one side. The ebon jaguar does everything except srm brawl. Side peak champ! Lol

#10 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

View PostRoadblockXL, on 06 April 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

Doesn't change the fact that it is incredibly disappointing to look at the pictures of the EBJ, MDD and GAR heroes, thinking that they will have arms that can mount ballistics and energy, only to look at the planned loadouts and discover that none of them can actually do those loadouts.

Except they're f*cking omnimechs and they can do WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT

Bloody hell, you guys...

#11 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:13 AM

Seems two two two is across the board for the hero mechs? Even lights mediums.. no more 3 or 4 energy torso or arm hardpoints? Generic mechs with generic hardpoints.

#12 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:18 AM

Posted Image

#13 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:54 AM

The "artwork does not affect final loadouts" line raises the question of why PGI doesn't make the artwork actually reflect the loadout. They could, you know, work on any weapon geo copy-pasting before posting the hero sale page. Or, failing that, just make concept art of it.

Posting a sale of a product before its production has started is just silly.

#14 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostRoadblockXL, on 06 April 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

They can if you buy different omnipods

#15 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:09 PM

Actually jus t tried, it is impossible to build that in mechlab, those are Lbx5 in each arm for sure and a Uac2 up top, 3erppcs, and a lrm20... After stripping the armor I got everything in the picture on except the lrm20, as I only have 3.5 tons remaining. Another interesting thing is those two ppcs use the LT high points, but there is no "necessary" energy weapon , IE small laser or tag to bump them up, there's nothing there. Even sans that, still end up 1 ton short of the standard lrm20 which weighs in at five tons of fecal matter spray.

#16 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

God forbid any one does the sensible thing and look at the complete store page to see the hard points load outs.

#17 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:25 AM

Either way, would be nice if they had some omnipods with 3 or 4 weapon locations. I see the "lrm20" in the picture.. still definetly need some omnipods with more then 1 or two hardpoints in each location. Would be much better with 3 srm 6's in that arm with some small pulse to back it up on the torso and arm.. everyone knows ebon jaguars are side peak and hill humping mechs. What better way to play them then with 3 or 4 on one side.

#18 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostNatred, on 07 April 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

Either way, would be nice if they had some omnipods with 3 or 4 weapon locations. I see the "lrm20" in the picture.. still definetly need some omnipods with more then 1 or two hardpoints in each location. Would be much better with 3 srm 6's in that arm with some small pulse to back it up on the torso and arm.. everyone knows ebon jaguars are side peak and hill humping mechs. What better way to play them then with 3 or 4 on one side.

It's funny you say that, I found myself thinking the same thing. Either way it will be nice to have these pods for build variation, which tbh is the strongest point of the jaguar, it's a jack of all trades, but master of none really. Also, why it doesn't have quirks or structure(which hurts in the wrong scenario)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users