Misc

160 replies to this topic

#41 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationGnomeregan, Dun Morogh

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

View Postx rehel, on 03 July 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

can someone tell me where is the link to acces HyperPulse Radio, because the link on the first page doesn't work :)

Either of these links will work to connect you to HyperPulse Radio:

http://hpr.servebeer.org:8000/stream.mp3
http://hpr.servebeer.org:8000/stream.mp3.m3u

Edited by Ter Ushaka, 10 July 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#42 Beep Pop

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

yes it works, thank ! :)

#43 Astaroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostTer Ushaka, on 03 July 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

HPR needs more DJs, there is so much time to fill. As I've said earlier, once MWO goes open beta I'm going to work on a way that I can do play-by-play for matches. I'm also thinking about taking my iPhone to my local game store and record interviews with players of BTech or MWO (if they play) and so on. I also would like to see some sort of a Mumble/TeamSpeak/Skype-based talk show. Arguments about lore, proper loadout, why pink is the best color, etc. There is quite a lot that HPR can do, I think we just need butts in the seats to help!

Agreed, it needs more live DJs and content. I'm thinking about what I may be able to contribute... possibly a regular news segment or something along those lines. Maybe galactic traffic reports once the game actually goes live :) I have a fair amount of experience doing VO and narration work for things like e-learning courses and corporate promotional vids, but live radio is something I've not tried before.

#44 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

I tihnk the best thing I found for working live is to go in with a gameplan of what you're going to say each time you key the mic, be it a recap of songs, an introduction to something, or even just to ramble about a topic. :)

Also to expand on working live, listen to other MMO radio networks like Eve-Radio and The Cape Radio to get a feel for how their DJ's run their shows.

Edited by Ter Ushaka, 08 July 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#45 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

*bamp*
It's that time again, from 1pm-2pm PDT (-7 GMT) Radio Free Rasalhauge is coming back at you with random electronic music and whatever else I can dig up!

http://24.18.17.99:8000/stream.mp3
http://24.18.17.99:8000/stream.mp3.m3u

Edited by Ter Ushaka, 10 July 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#46 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

Both of those links appear to be broken.

#47 Astaroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

The servebeer address never works for me, either. I always have to use

Missed today's show, unfortunately. Had a meeting at that time.

Edited by Astaroth, 10 July 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#48 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

Looks like the servebeer.org domain isn't resolving, so instead you can use
or

Edited by Ter Ushaka, 10 July 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#49 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:43 AM

As I've been saying on my shows, HyperPulse radio needs DJ's. There is plenty of time to fill, and plenty of things that can be done from live music mixing to call-in shows. Currently only four things are needed:
  • A decent microphone.
  • The Mixxx program.
  • Willingness to stick to a weekly program slot.
  • The ability to obtain a library of license-approved music to stream (more below).
Learning how to work live isn't very hard. Your first show with HPR will likely be spent making some tweaks to your sound level and mic input. Aside from that, working live requires a little bit of pre-planning for your show and things you want to say. Once you have a show or two under your belt it gets much easier. The big catch though, is the music you're able to play. Playing commercial music without an appropriate (and expensive!) license can result in anything from a cease-and-desist letter, to a filed lawsuit. This is assuming ASCAP, BMI, etc. decide it's worth their time to go after a non-profit internet station, but better safe than sorry. Until the day HyperPulse Radio is licensed, all music played on the station must fall into one of the following categories:
  • Self-made music (excluding mashups), that you approve for broadcast and is not already licensed to ASCAP, BMI, or other rights management company/corporation.
  • Public domain music.
  • Creative Commons licensed music.
  • Music licensed under some other copyright format that allows for rebroadcast/streaming.
If you want to give this a shot, post on here or send a private message to S3dition.

We also need more music. Filling up the time between live shows, HPR uses a program called "Airtime" that can automatically play a preset music list. If you have music that matches the categories listed above, let us know how to get them so we can add it to the server. We also will take things like fake product advertisements and house/merc/clan/guild/team/squawk/troop/unit/league recruitment.

#50 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

Just a heads up, this coming Tuesday will be my last show at the 1-2pm slot. My employer has deemed it fit to change my work schedule, and I am now trapped in the office on Tuesdays.

#51 Cpl Buttlescut

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts
  • LocationWhere ever home is

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

I'm not very tech savvy, but couldn't you hand it over to someone who is free and who knows what they is doing?

#52 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:22 AM

Of course. It's really not that hard to get Mixxx going, but I don't know how many people would be chomping at the bit to do an early afternoon show on a Tuesday! :)

*bamp*
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. It's time for DJ Mingo's final Tuesday afternoon show from 1pm-2pm PDT (-7 GMT). Radio Free Rasalhauge will be on temporary hiatus until I can determine a good time to restart my show. Today will be comprised of whatever I can find, with no real rhyme or reason behind it!

Edited by Ter Ushaka, 17 July 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#53 White Fox

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOKC, OK

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

Is there a way to listen from a smart phone or through an app? I do most of my listening away from a computer.

#54 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

As long as your smart phone or an app on the phone can handle streaming via mp3, one or both links should work:

Edited by Ter Ushaka, 01 August 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#55 ORIGINAL SteelWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 460 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe land of ID.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

I connect with VLC and all it does is sit there in silence counting up.

Took about 12 min to start playing. [forgot it was loaded]

Edited by ORIGINAL SteelWolf, 01 August 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#56 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostORIGINAL SteelWolf, on 01 August 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

I connect with VLC and all it does is sit there in silence counting up.

I'm having the same issue as well, and I did try both links.

#57 S3dition

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Try now. It should be working.

Is there a way to listen from a smart phone or through an app? I do most of my listening away from a computer.

I'm tinkering with a stream player for Android. I'll let everyone know if I get it working. I'm afraid apple users are out of luck, as I have no experience with objective-c or IOS development. Though I might be able to create an HTML 5 version. We'll see.

#58 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for fixing it, all systems nominal.

#59 S3dition

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

Sorry for the intermittent down time. There is a bug in Airtime that sometimes prevents stream hand-offs when a show changes, and it has to be manually reset. Keep in mind that this is still a beta :). Remember that we're always looking for DJ's for shows.

#60 Argegginth

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

i live in Australia and i want to stream this station through the web so i can lesson in my cockpit of my mech but non of the links work what should i do

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users