Can You Lock Your Pilot Tier?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfgang Grenzstein

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:09 PM

Greetings mechwarriors,

after almost 2 years break I gave the game another spin and to my delight found out that my piloting tier had been reset to 5.

Being grouped with other potatoes and n00bs the game is fun again, as I can sometimes influence the outcome of a match - which I could not in the higher tier matches I was often thrown into.

question:
Can you lock your "xpbar" to prevent from advancing?

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:58 PM

View PostWolfgang Grenzstein, on 21 January 2021 - 07:09 PM, said:

question:
Can you lock your "xpbar" to prevent from advancing?

No, you can not.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:40 PM

you can't. And it's for good, or else seal clubbers could roam the realms of T5 freely.
But the good news is that PSR is no longer an XP bar since it changes now according to how well (matchscore-wise) you did in comparison to the 23 other people in any given match.

#4 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 11:21 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 January 2021 - 10:40 PM, said:

you can't. And it's for good, or else seal clubbers could roam the realms of T5 freely.
But the good news is that PSR is no longer an XP bar since it changes now according to how well (matchscore-wise) you did in comparison to the 23 other people in any given match.

Yeah... all it monitors now is how well you can game the system. if you play anything other than DPS for the most part you will struggle to gain PSR. Lights got hit hard as well as anyone playing the objective. Not that it matters much for match making with how low the pop is outside of peaks but maybe now that they have more money and are reinvesting in mwo that will turn around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users