36 replies to this topic

#21 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

(Snrk) I quiver in fear, sweety. Do take the time to consider the implications of implying that you'd resort to physical violence if we were in person. And go away; grown-ups are talking about a video game.

View PostTesunie, on 12 April 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

I tend to be a much simpler person than that. I'll take my Huntsmen Prime/A for an example. Left mouse are left arm lasers (2 ERMLs). Right mouse are right arm lasers (2 ERMLs on the prime, 3 on the A). Left Shift are FIRE ALL THE LRMS! (Two LRM15s for the Prime, a 15 and a 10 for the A.)

I keep telling people I don't boat LRMs. No one seems to believe me... Posted Image

Whyever not!?!

#22 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

grown ups are talking about a video game, In a thread that i created pointing out a fault In the training..

as said... see yeah out there babe

#23 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 15 April 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

Whyever not!?!

I don't boat LRMs because I know they have their weaknesses. So, I like to cover those weaknesses.

I also tend to use every weapon on my mech as a blend of different possible tactics. I find I have more powerful game play by this, as I'm never useless and can be effective in nearly any situation. Over the course of a match, I tend to just do better with my mixed builds.

Did I miss something here? Because suddenly angry words seem to be getting tossed around... Posted Image

#24 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

Eh, burnie's uberitis is flaring up. They have a cream for that, but part of uberitis is an inability to recognize the condition in yourself. It's an insidious disease.

When I pointed out that not using arm lock is mechanically ineffective, a reasonable person might (cough cough) have responded with practical reasons why they would not use it anyway. An unreasonable or defensive person might respond with angry invective at the thought that someone else might have offered any sort of implied criticism.

A person afflicted with the severe cognitive impairment brought on by advanced, untreated uberitis might respond by assuming that they're The Better Player, and issuing a challenge to 'put your money where your mouth is.' Due to the acute thinking problems brought on by their terrible illness, the sufferer would actually believe that being able to outperform someone (with half their tonnage) in a match trumps any amount of actual thinking about how the game works.

The heightened aggression and delusional thinking caused by the onset of uberitis leads sufferers to have an inflated view of their own skills, and to believe that being able to best others in competition leads to their being right about any claim they make. This belief that might (in the context of the game) literally makes them right is at the core of all the antisocial and delusional behaviors seen from uberitis sufferers.

As an invisible disease, uberitis often goes undiagnosed. Victims are dismissed as "idiots," "ragers," or "trolls." But the illness is very real and can lead to permanent neurological damage. We should all take the time to raise awareness about this tragic illness, before it's too late for another gamer.

#25 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 15 April 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

...and to believe that being able to best others in competition leads to their being right about any claim they make.

So "Might makes right"?

#26 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostBurnin2nd, on 15 April 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

Being as we have a fourm warrior online here I'll step off
Although
Looking forward to seeing you in combat void angel.... you might forget who your mouthy 2 on the Internet, behind the security of your screen... I on the other hand do not forget

Posted Image

#27 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:56 AM

lot of assumption,
your assuming that a alpha shot that is focus's is better then a alpha shot with the arms unlocked...

I really dont care about any of this because its totally not relevant to the thread

I have arm lock on toggle.. not push to use, its simple.. the 2 boxes that are for the arm lock use are blank.. I can not enter the training ground... that is all

this is a glitch... if im standing there and guy in the atlas says "now use your arm lock to move your arms and keep your mech stationary" I can do so by hitting the key i have assigned

#28 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:45 AM

Actually, neither of your first statements are true - you do care, because you continue to argue and respond, and if you are going to alpha strike, it is indisputably better to put all your rounds on target.

You also still need better reading comprehension, because you're continuing to argue against a criticism that has not been tendered - no one but you thinks that anyone has told you this isn't a bug, or that your use of a toggle rather than a push-to-unlock setting is wrong. You just heard something that sounded like a criticism and your uberitis kicked in - seek help before the damage is permanent.

#29 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

View PostBurnin2nd, on 16 April 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

lot of assumption,
your assuming that a alpha shot that is focus's is better then a alpha shot with the arms unlocked...

I really dont care about any of this because its totally not relevant to the thread

I have arm lock on toggle.. not push to use, its simple.. the 2 boxes that are for the arm lock use are blank..

An alpha strike that hits all in one location tends to be better than one that spreads it's damage. This can be achieved with Arm Lock on if you have direct fire (non-locking) weapons scattered between arms and torso mounts. If you only have arm mounted weapons, or your mech doesn't have lower arm actuators, than Arm Lock is less of an issue.

Being able to turn arm lock on or off can be important, depending upon your mech loadout and the manner in which you play. So it can be very handy to be able to toggle or turn armlock on and off.

To deny this as a possible consideration would be foolish, even if you personally don't use it.

This actually does have relevance, as we are talking about Arm Lock, why you would want it to be assigned to a key, and it's uses in game. Though, it is still your choice rather you wish to use it or not.

View PostBurnin2nd, on 16 April 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

I can not enter the training ground... that is all

this is a glitch... if im standing there and guy in the atlas says "now use your arm lock to move your arms and keep your mech stationary" I can do so by hitting the key i have assigned

From the sounds of your first post, it seemed more like you didn't have Arm Lock of any kind assigned to any key.

BUT, it does appear to be a bug if you are trying to enter the non-tutorial version of the academy.

Until it can be fixed, the easiest solution to this problem would be to assign the key to any button you don't currently use that isn't assigned. Maybe either the [ or the ] keys? They are far enough away from your typical finger interaction zones and I don't believe any actions are currently assigned to them at this time (unless you have something on it). This should permit you to enter the Academy despite the bug in question.

#30 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:41 AM

He has it set to toggle, rather than the push-to-unlock - some people do it that way. I'm sure he's able to set the keybinding; his issue is that he doesn't want to bind a key for that, and reported it as a bug (which it is.)

#31 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:28 PM

View PostBurnin2nd, on 15 April 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

Thank you Dave for your useful response to the situation, Perhaps You Can Pass This Along

Being as I don't require the Academy or training ground... I simply wanted to let me 5 year old mosh around, it's not a problem though.

Being as we have a fourm warrior online here I'll step off
Although
Looking forward to seeing you in combat void angel.... you might forget who your mouthy 2 on the Internet, behind the security of your screen... I on the other hand do not forget

RUT ROH!!!!!

#32 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 16 April 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

He has it set to toggle, rather than the push-to-unlock - some people do it that way. I'm sure he's able to set the keybinding; his issue is that he doesn't want to bind a key for that, and reported it as a bug (which it is.)

AFTER all that non sense... lol

your forum skillz are definitely tier 1

#33 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:14 PM

View PostBurnin2nd, on 16 April 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

AFTER all that non sense... lol

your forum skillz are definitely tier 1

It's a bug with an easy work-a-round. It is good of you to report the bug, but at the same given time if a work-a-round is within easy grasp you should apply the work-a-round. It wouldn't affect your game play in the slightest.

#34 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

You're still trying to reason with him; he's incapable of comprehending what you're saying because of his crippling illness. All he hears is variations on "you're so good you must be right," and "I disagree with you because I'm bad at the game." His beleaguered cognitive centers aren't capable of processing more complex inputs any more. Trying to speak to him as you would a fully functional adult will only distress him and frustrate you.

Witness his inability to acknowledge that he misread a post even when his error is pointed out, and insistence that any disagreement he encounters is a matter of "skillz." Uberitis is a terrible, crippling illness, and we must treat its sufferers with compassion and sympathy.

#35 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:44 AM

Do not confuse me not engaging in your condescending belittling attitude for me not being able to comprehend what your saying...

your doing a good job of making an *** out of your self...

nobody likes a grammar {Godwin's Law}... Just stop while your ahead

*some suggestions
Less time on the forum's and more time in the cockpit, try to be a useful member to the community (5000 wasted posts) If you don't have anything useful to say... move along.. no one here cares about your extravagant use of written English *which i might add your pretty good at

thank you for solidifying my point with this thread

#36 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:49 AM

also..... Im not sure if your aware of this... But your trolling in the training grounds

#37 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

Ok. Bug was noted and reported - looks like nothing further of note to the Academy will rise here..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users