Joined this Faction and my concerns

24 replies to this topic

#21 Seabear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Texas

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

The mechs used in the FWL are numerous and varied. The 3025 TRO lists 14 specific mech variants in all classes built for the FWL, not including mech chasises common to all houses. The 3050 TRO shows 26 more (well, a few are repeated.). Interestingly, of the 16 names mechs in the game, 7 are built in the FWL. Also, the pairing of the Centurion, in all its variants and the T-Bucket was develpoed in the FWL and led to the pairing of other mechs. Warships are not now a part of the fleets of any IS nation (they will come into play in the next decade). The FWL is probably the leading developer of mech technology, especially LRMs and lasers, in the IS.

#22 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

Just curious has anyone heard if we are going to get our age old Orion on the field for our heavy?

#23 Ajion

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

I don;t think we are getting Orion at all on the release ;(

#24 Evogenesis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'll take on any enemy with an AWS-9M made by IrTech.

#25 Glare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 192 posts
  • LocationAtreus

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostAjion, on 21 July 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Hey Guys, So i really like this faction, but i have a problem with their mechs, I feel like Mariks have the worst mechs out of all the factions.

As i understand we are more light medium mech faction, with very little heavy and Assault.

Can anyone easy my concerns?

-Ajion reporting for Duty! Looking for a corp.

Not sure if this has already been handled, but the Free World's League fields a higher number of Heavy 'Mechs than any other faction save the Draconis Combine. There is a hideous shortage of Assault 'Mechs, yes, but the majority of those are the superb AWS-8Q Awesome, fielding more than any other faction. The numbers of Light and Medium 'Mechs is fairly average. The FWL "shtick", as it were, are heavy combined arms formations. Heavy cavalry 'Mechs and vehicles are everywhere, and FWL regiments embody that Jack-of-all-trades mentality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users