#181 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 23 May 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

completely missing the point but I did say that I was bowing out and I went back on that...sorry...out.

I was trying to be a bit humorous more than anything else. Commenting on the fact that to technically "spec" out for it, it costs you something.

I wasn't as "stealth humorous" as I was hoping I guess... Posted Image

#182 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:08 PM

View PostTesunie, on 23 May 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

I was trying to be a bit humorous more than anything else. Commenting on the fact that to technically "spec" out for it, it costs you something.

I wasn't as "stealth humorous" as I was hoping I guess... Posted Image

I am horrible at reading stealth humor...bad at listening to it as well...Posted Image

#183 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 23 May 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

I am horrible at reading stealth humor...bad at listening to it as well...Posted Image

It's hard in text... No tone of voice and all... Posted Image

#184 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:27 AM

View PostTesunie, on 23 May 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

But notice the call line there, if the enemy team is "spec'd against LRMs".

This is an automatic assumption that a team will spec to counter LRMs together, and that the other team are spec'd to using LRMs (boats).

Was in a match the other day, shortly after the skill tree, and we ended up PUG against a Steiner unit. They were ALL specced against LRMs. We lost, of course, but not by anywhere near as much as we would have prior to the skill tree. It all boiled down to AMS ammo. By the time they hit our second wave, they were out.

I'm not bothering with mounting AMS yet. I'm waiting for LAMS. If I read it correctly, Clans are the only ones that get it. I would imagine the LRM gap will shrink at that point.

#185 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 May 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

I'm not bothering with mounting AMS yet. I'm waiting for LAMS. If I read it correctly, Clans are the only ones that get it. I would imagine the LRM gap will shrink at that point.

Just remember, LAMS will produce spikes of heat when being operated. It may have infinite ammo, but it make make you overheat at very bad times.

I will say, if I have LRMs at the time, and I see a mech with LAMS, I'll probably continue to shoot as many LRMs as I can at that target (or near them) when I engage them, just to see if I can get them to shut down. (May actually be an advantage to LRMs at that point, using them like a flamer...?) Of course, this would need testing... but it is a concept at the moment. Wont know till the stuff is in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users