Mad-Bh2 Arms

20 replies to this topic

#1 Clydewinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:02 PM

is there something different about the arms on the marauder bh2? i have all 4 IS marauders and they can all move their arms side to side except the bounty hunter - they stay locked to CT.

toggling arm-lock has no effect

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:15 PM

It has no lower arm actuators. Working as intended.

#3 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:09 PM

I kinda regret buying the BH2, as I find the common AC20+MPL build not to my liking.

#4 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:14 PM

Find my niche for it with hgr and erml, also did lpl and mpl brawler build.

#5 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:10 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 November 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

I kinda regret buying the BH2, as I find the common AC20+MPL build not to my liking.

Try these:

BOUNTY HUNTER II (2xLPL, 5xML)
BOUNTY HUNTER II (3xLL, 4xML; semi-deadside)
BOUNTY HUNTER II (Deadside FLPPD)
BOUNTY HUNTER II (Deadside Heavy Gauss+4ML)

Top two are standard engined laser vomit, bottom two are deadside builds. I really like the AC20/SNPPC build even though it statistically has the worst firepower, cooling, and sustained DPS of all the builds. Being able to put 40 points of damage into one spot and turn to protect the weapons while they're cycling is really effective.

#6 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:50 PM

I do 2 lpl, 5mpl, max light engine, 3 jjs, the rest is heatsinks.

The dissipation is really good, and you get a 50 point alpha about every 2.5 seconds that can be repeated a few times. Very strong/easy to use against fast lights, moderate against things around your size and above.

#7 Paulosaurus

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:52 AM

I run mine with Gauss and 6x ERML. Oddly, the chassis quirk for ML range also applies to ERML, so you can poke with those out to 900+ meters and it syncs very well the Gauss Rifle for both range and cooldown.

#8 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:06 AM

Heavy Gauss and 7 ER Medium lasers. do less than 1000 damage in quick play with it and you need to uninstall.

#9 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:03 AM

HGR + ERML is ok
BOUNTY HUNTER II
might work with normal meds because 15% range quirk and 6 or 7 lazors...kinda personal preference, ghost heat for ML/ERML is small'ish 2,72 / 3,6

#10 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:34 AM

Noone runs gauss+erppcs?

There was so much opposition to removing gauss+ppc ghostheat in that Tarogato's balance thread, and when it happens noone even bothers to use it.

#11 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:18 AM

I still like my oldschool builds on my two BH2. 3LPL/4ML and AC20/6ML. Solid performer.

#12 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:54 AM

View PostRuccus, on 29 November 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

Try these:

BOUNTY HUNTER II (2xLPL, 5xML)
BOUNTY HUNTER II (3xLL, 4xML; semi-deadside)
BOUNTY HUNTER II (Deadside FLPPD)
BOUNTY HUNTER II (Deadside Heavy Gauss+4ML)

Top two are standard engined laser vomit, bottom two are deadside builds. I really like the AC20/SNPPC build even though it statistically has the worst firepower, cooling, and sustained DPS of all the builds. Being able to put 40 points of damage into one spot and turn to protect the weapons while they're cycling is really effective.

I'll try the HGR build, cause I already have Grasshoppers and Warhammers for the las-vomit builds.

#13 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:26 AM

I still use a regular Gauss with 6 MLs. The arms are so low slung that I usually use them at short range and I prefer the better heat management over the ERMLs. This build continues to be one of my best performing.

Nobody makes use of the extra ghost heat threshold because there are better builds than ERPPC Gauss for this mech. If the arm hardpoints were higher or if you weren't limited specifically to ERPPCs it would be a different story.

#14 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:35 PM

You can do that on the 5M with better speed. I run my BH2 with UAC10, 2xLPPC, and 5xML. The cannon and peepers let it engage at range, and up close the combination of a UAC10 and 5xML does respectable damage. While not fast (300LFE), maxed jets give it interesting positioning and pathing options (it can get places in Mining Collective that many big mechs can't, and in Canyon Network can leap from canyon floors up to highground areas if needed).

#15 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:30 PM

10% heat and 10% ERPPC heat quirks please, then it'll be a decent mech.

#16 Clydewinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:08 PM

seems weird that it would have no lower arm actuators when all of the other marauders do and the geometry is the same

#17 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:15 PM

View PostClydewinder, on 30 November 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

seems weird that it would have no lower arm actuators when all of the other marauders do and the geometry is the same

Logically one would expect the arms to look different without LAA, but MWO isn't quite advanced enough to model it.

#18 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:57 PM

View PostEscef, on 30 November 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

You can do that on the 5M with better speed. I run my BH2 with UAC10, 2xLPPC, and 5xML. The cannon and peepers let it engage at range, and up close the combination of a UAC10 and 5xML does respectable damage. While not fast (300LFE), maxed jets give it interesting positioning and pathing options (it can get places in Mining Collective that many big mechs can't, and in Canyon Network can leap from canyon floors up to highground areas if needed).

Still doesn't make it as good as some people have claimed. Gleaning from what they have said, I thought BH2 was a T1 IS Hero or something, but it was disappointing for me post-purchase.

#19 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:19 PM

I purchased the Bounty Hunter about a week ago and tried a few different weapons first but halfway through, the AC20, 6ML and ERPPC loadout is what I stuck with. It's been good. Now I'm two steps away from having an IS FW deck.

#20 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:03 AM

I run a full Gauss Vomit and have historically found it to be very strong. You either get fantastic cooling for mid-range or fantastically light-weight long-range depending on whether you use MedLas or ER MedLas thanks to the range quirks and it can take a royal punishing.

500 meter ER MedLas is pretty awesome, and the intensity of the damage is better than what you'll get out of any Clan Heavy thanks to the shorter burns.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users