Urbanmech Iic -- Clans Need Their Urbienlightenment Too [Poll]

79 replies to this topic

Poll: Urbanmech IIC (190 member(s) have cast votes)

UM-IIC Chassis

1. Yes (155 votes [81.58%])

Percentage of vote: 81.58%

2. Meh (8 votes [4.21%])

Percentage of vote: 4.21%

3. No (27 votes [14.21%])

Percentage of vote: 14.21%

UM-IIC-A Variant

1. Yes (143 votes [75.26%])

Percentage of vote: 75.26%

2. Meh (15 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

3. No (32 votes [16.84%])

Percentage of vote: 16.84%

UM-IIC-B Variant

1. Yes (144 votes [75.79%])

Percentage of vote: 75.79%

2. Meh (16 votes [8.42%])

Percentage of vote: 8.42%

3. No (30 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

UM-IIC-C Variant

1. Yes (146 votes [76.84%])

Percentage of vote: 76.84%

2. Meh (16 votes [8.42%])

Percentage of vote: 8.42%

3. No (28 votes [14.74%])

Percentage of vote: 14.74%

UM-IIC-SN3 "SENTRY" HERO

1. Yes (142 votes [74.74%])

Percentage of vote: 74.74%

2. Meh (18 votes [9.47%])

Percentage of vote: 9.47%

3. No (30 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

UM-IIC-D Variant

1. Yes (34 votes [80.95%])

Percentage of vote: 80.95%

2. Meh (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

3. No (7 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

UM-IIC-E Variant

1. Yes (35 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. Meh (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. No (7 votes [16.67%])

UM-IIC-F

1. Yes (34 votes [80.95%])

Percentage of vote: 80.95%

2. Meh (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

3. No (7 votes [16.67%])

UM-IIC-G

1. Yes (34 votes [82.93%])

Percentage of vote: 82.93%

2. Meh (0 votes [0.00%])

3. No (7 votes [17.07%])

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

UM-IIC-H

1. Yes (34 votes [82.93%])

Percentage of vote: 82.93%

2. Meh (0 votes [0.00%])

3. No (7 votes [17.07%])

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

i'd pre-order the ultimate pack day one

#42 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:52 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 02 February 2018 - 12:05 AM, said:

And WHY did you do these changes? They can't make sense without "Design Notes". Are you trying to Nerf your own Suggestion into death? Posted Image

~D. V. "came to support what I first found, not have its' creator backstep into falling over on theirself" Devnull

Oh, okay here are my reason:

To be fair, It's clantech, so i doubt that it would have so much quirks in the first place. That's why I removed most weapon quirks and halved the armor quirks. It's rather unlikely that the Urbie-IIC, being a clan-tech would have it's cake and eat it too. Just to hammer the point, where are the quirks of the Hunchback IIC that are supposed to be simmilar to that of the Hunchback of IS? Nada right?

Also the UM-IIC-C did have room for Ferro and Endo with the budget due to not upgrading to XL100 as indicated by the speed, giving way to the UAC5s, so I chose to update i it. It's just a change from a pair of UAC2 to a pair of UAC5.

The UM-IIC-B is supposed to be missile role capable of sieging -- and 2x LRM5 isn't as powerful as an LRM15, not to mention that ATM6 is already adequate.

View PostD V Devnull, on 04 February 2018 - 02:45 AM, said:

In short, '2B 1E - RA' & '2M 1E - LA', and no need to change the Torsos (which can keep their '1 AMS' each) that are present. Such should keep the design unique, I think. Now to hope that The6thMessenger is watching this thread and monitoring for feedback, because the Hero Variant should never cause a Chassis to fail to sell on Pre-Orders. Posted Image

~D. V. "I'm probably more passionate about the UM-IIC than I would even admit to myself, I guess." Devnull

Actually, I was going to approach it differently now. In fact I'm going to update it too.

EDIT:

UM-IIC-SN3

Spoiler

One of the original mechs owned by the Comstar Chief Engineer, Yuna Cassel, the UM-IIC-SN3 "Sentry" is one of her first mech she built her own, and to pilot, during her teenage years, even before her job at Comstar. Used with great impunity she repelled the Clan scouts invading of her hometown in Capella V with a surprising sustained suppressive fire. At first she was thought of the enemy, until she actually fired upon them. With her interference, she was arrested, and with her knowledge and ability to utilize Clan-Technology, she was conscripted to work with Comstar to further her career, and further their understanding with the alien Clan Technology.

Built from spare parts of various Urbanmechs, Yuna Cassel all alone in some hangar spent months assembling everything, and then another month rewiring everything; from the faulty cockpit, to the weapons, with improvements of her own; Endo-Steel chassis with 4 tons of Ferro-Fibrous Armor, and an Extralight 120 engine.

The right arm comes with a heavily customized Ultra-Autocannon 5; rebored to auto-cannon 2 caliber, but the lower energy shell failed to cycle the weapon properly and would sometimes jam, requiring her to link the weapon with an external motor driving the system, resulting into an astounding rate of fire and more reliable functioning that would later be developed to the Rotary Autocannon technology. Still classified as an Ultra Autocannon 5, just fired in longer bursts. The UAC5 has two tons of ammunition.Below the (prototype) Autocannon is a Target Acquisition Gear made light but results in less range, essentially the laser sights that compensated with the faulty targeting system. On the other arm is a 6-tube Streak Short-Ranged Missiles, with a ton of ammunition. And each on the side torso are Extended-Range Medium Lasers with more focused lense.

Also, i added 40% worth of quirks per variant.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 06 February 2018 - 04:13 AM.

#43 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:50 AM

Alright, thanks for the insight, The6thMessenger. Hopefully, PGI finally takes notice and introduces the 'UrbanMech IIC' into MWO. :)

~D. V. "Still looking forward to the 'UM-IIC' becoming part of MWO..." Devnull

#44 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:16 PM

i will only agree if you give us an ambulance siren urbie 2c to balance the is police siren.

#45 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

View PostPalfatreos, on 09 February 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

i will only agree if you give us an ambulance siren urbie 2c to balance the is police siren.

Hello, Palfatreos... Only the PGI Developers can decide whether we are allowed one or not. This idea's creator, The6thMessenger, has absolutely zero control over this. Would you Support in order to increase the chances that you might see one, please? :blink:

~Mr. D. V. "Stating the Simple Truth..." Devnull

#46 SteelHeart93

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:38 PM

PGI- Make it happen. Now. The fans DEMAND it!

#47 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:08 AM

Yes, the Clan must have their Urbienlightenment as well. The Cycle of Urbienlightenment is not yet complete.

Urbanmech => Urbanmech IIC => Imp

Edited by Will9761, 24 March 2018 - 10:08 AM.

#48 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:55 AM

View PostWill9761, on 24 March 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

Urbanmech => Urbanmech IIC => Imp

Uhmmm... What hell is an "Imp"? :blink:

~D. V. "I guess I'll try checking Sarna?" Devnull

#49 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 24 March 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

Uhmmm... What hell is an "Imp"? Posted Image

~D. V. "I guess I'll try checking Sarna?" Devnull

It's a grown-up version of the Urbanmech
Posted Image

#50 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:32 PM

View PostWill9761, on 24 March 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hmmm... that Imp doesn't mention having 360-degree torso twisting, but I guess it's possible for that one to have it. :blink:

~D. V. "A confounding Assault Mech indeed..." Devnull

#51 Erronius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

Bump for Great Justice

#52 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:01 PM

Reinforcement Package:

UM-IIC-D

Spoiler

An offensive configuration for existing Urbanmechs as built by the Clan Coyote to replace lost Kit-Foxes, improving only on it's chassis and replacing armor with Ferro-Fibrous Armor. Unlike most Urbanmechs, it sports a larger engine allowing it to move, it sports an Ultra-Autocannon/5 capable of blistering speed that two ton of ammunition is quickly exhausted, with two 5-tube Long-Range Missile Racks with one ton of ammunition enough for fire support, and a pair of Extended Range Medium Lasers allowing it to stay on the fight for much longer. To handle the heat of constant firing, it has a total of 10 heatsinks.

The expensive upgrades to the supposedly cheap Urbanmech made this variant unpopular, but it is otherwise rather effective when is put together by any means.

UM-IIC-E

Spoiler

A stalwart configuration of the Urbanmech for long-range support. Equipped with a Gauss Rifle, it can provide a powerful punch at a long range, and a pair of Extended Range Small Laser for anti-vehicle that tries to dislodge a well placed urbanmech.

UM-IIC-F

Spoiler

An scouting configuration for existing Urbanmechs as built by the Clan Coyote to replace lost Kit-Foxes, improving only on it's chassis and replacing armor with Ferro-Fibrous Armor. Unlike most Urbanmechs, it sports a larger engine allowing it to move, it sports a pair of Extended-Range Large-Laser for long-range support, a pair of Machine-Guns with one ton of ammunition for anti-infantry, an Anti-Missile-System to protect against missiles, and an ECM Suite for stealth. To handle the heat of constant firing, it has a total of 10 heatsinks.

The expensive upgrades to the supposedly cheap Urbanmech made this variant unpopular, but it is otherwise rather effective when is put together by any means.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 06 June 2018 - 05:03 PM.

#53 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:22 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 06 June 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

Reinforcement Package:

Interesting HardPoint Ideas... I'll have to go redo my vote in order to show Support for these new variants. :)

Any chance we could get one that blends ECM/AMS/Missile/Energy in a reasonable package? I saw the one for Ballistics, and felt like a Missile Edition might be in order. :D

~D. V. "Maybe we could even have an odd one that allows for 6 JJ, like the UM-SC appears to?" Devnull

#54 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:31 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 June 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

Interesting HardPoint Ideas... I'll have to go redo my vote in order to show Support for these new variants. Posted Image

Any chance we could get one that blends ECM/AMS/Missile/Energy in a reasonable package? I saw the one for Ballistics, and felt like a Missile Edition might be in order. Posted Image

~D. V. "Maybe we could even have an odd one that allows for 6 JJ, like the UM-SC appears to?" Devnull

Actually i was thinking total of 9, 4 initial, 4 reinforcement. But as i was building them, i saw that they keep getting too simmilar if it's only limited to 8 total hardpoints. I have to inflate hardpoints to have better variance, but it means that it's going to be invariably OP -- supposed that they went with my specific hardpoints.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 06 June 2018 - 11:35 PM.

#55 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:52 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 06 June 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

Actually i was thinking total of 9, 4 initial, 4 reinforcement. But as i was building them, i saw that they keep getting too simmilar if it's only limited to 8 total hardpoints. I have to inflate hardpoints to have better variance, but it means that it's going to be invariably OP -- supposed that they went with my specific hardpoints.

Don't let yourself choke yourself. It so happens that there's a lot more to variance than just the HardPoint Counts on BattleMechs. There is also the Placement of where HardPoints happen to be located. So, I'll still look forward to seeing the additional HardPoint Layout ideas that you come up with! :D

~D. V. "It's a little hard to get OP with a UM-IIC's HardPoints when PGI constantly junks the Clan Mech Quirks." Devnull

#56 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:00 AM

I've Updated the B Variant, so it has a head laser.

Spoiler

I've also restructured the mechpack. Now there's 4 standard + hero + 4 Reinforcement.

UM-IIC-D

Spoiler

A different approach in upgrading the Urbanmech, the D configuration focuses on upgrading it's weapons instead. It uses a powerful Ultra Autocannon 20, with blistering rate of fire it's two tons of ammunition is usually exhausted quickly. Rounded out by a pair of ER Medium Laser, providing a capable backup once the ammunition has been exhausted. And a pair of ER Small Lasers to deal with infantry and vehicles. It's upgrades made possible and cheap by simply upgrading to Ferro-Fibrous Armor and Endo-Steel Structure.

Reinforcement Package:

UM-IIC-E

Spoiler

An offensive configuration for existing Urbanmechs as built by the Clan Coyote to replace lost Kit-Foxes, improving only on it's chassis and replacing armor with Ferro-Fibrous Armor. Unlike most Urbanmechs, it sports a larger engine allowing it to move, it sports an Ultra-Autocannon/5 capable of blistering speed that two ton of ammunition is quickly exhausted, with two 5-tube Long-Range Missile Racks with one ton of ammunition enough for fire support, and a pair of Extended Range Medium Lasers allowing it to stay on the fight for much longer. To handle the heat of constant firing, it has a total of 10 heatsinks.

UM-IIC-F

Spoiler

A stalwart configuration of the Urbanmech for long-range support. Equipped with a Gauss Rifle, it can provide a powerful punch at a long range, and a pair of Extended Range Small Laser for anti-vehicle that tries to dislodge a well placed urbanmech.

UM-IIC-G

Spoiler

A stealthy configuration employed by Clan Cloud Cobra, it is a result of proper investment into Urbanmechs which proved to be quite capable if not economical. For offense, it uses a pair of 6-Tube Short-Ranged Missiles linked to an Artemis Fire-Control System, and a pair of Medium Pulse Laser. Upon it's right arm is an ECM Suite for stealth. It is made possible by Ferro-Fibrous Armor and Endo-Steel Structure. A total of 10 Double Heat-Sinks allows this mech to keep firing.

UM-IIC-H

Spoiler

An scouting configuration for existing Urbanmechs as built by the Clan Coyote to replace lost Kit-Foxes, improving only on it's chassis and replacing armor with Ferro-Fibrous Armor. Unlike most Urbanmechs, it sports a larger engine allowing it to move, it sports a pair of Extended-Range Large-Laser for long-range support, a pair of Machine-Guns with one ton of ammunition for anti-infantry, an Anti-Missile-System to protect against missiles, and an ECM Suite for stealth. To handle the heat of constant firing, it has a total of 10 heatsinks.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 07 June 2018 - 04:12 AM.

#57 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

Eh... You might get a bit of argument over the UM-IIC-G's Right Arm ECM. I suggest moving that HardPoint into either the CT or Head Components, which would still keep it unique, but without the logistical issues. Otherwise, people would get easily salty over losing it far too easily, which could cause the Variant to become massively unpopular. Else, the RA and RT need a good boost in Armor Quirks above what's there to prevent easy exposure and destruction. :huh:

~D. V. "Just my thoughts... Up to you if they get used..." Devnull

#58 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:07 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 June 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

Eh... You might get a bit of argument over the UM-IIC-G's Right Arm ECM. I suggest moving that HardPoint into either the CT or Head Components, which would still keep it unique, but without the logistical issues. Otherwise, people would get easily salty over losing it far too easily, which could cause the Variant to become massively unpopular. Else, the RA and RT need a good boost in Armor Quirks above what's there to prevent easy exposure and destruction. Posted Image

~D. V. "Just my thoughts... Up to you if they get used..." Devnull

Kinda the point really. But if it makes you feel any better, i changed it to the LA instead, so you could use the RA as shield.

Posted Image

#59 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:30 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 07 June 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Kinda the point really. But if it makes you feel any better, i changed it to the LA instead, so you could use the RA as shield.

<<<image from https://i.imgur.com/8F4FiUh.png>>>

*cringe* I wouldn't leave an ECM on the Arms like the Kit Fox, as that would still break off too easily... Maybe the CT (Like the Stalker) or Head (Like the Cougar), perhaps? (Not the RT or LT, as that would duplicate some other things coming to mind, like ShadowCats or other UM-IIC Variants) :wacko:

~D. V. "just seeing those issues which already appear with the I.S. Urbie..." Devnull

#60 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:25 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 June 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

*cringe* I wouldn't leave an ECM on the Arms like the Kit Fox, as that would still break off too easily... Maybe the CT (Like the Stalker) or Head (Like the Cougar), perhaps? (Not the RT or LT, as that would duplicate some other things coming to mind, like ShadowCats or other UM-IIC Variants) Posted Image

~D. V. "just seeing those issues which already appear with the I.S. Urbie..." Devnull

Of course it breaks off too easily, that was the point. The UM-IIC isn't supposed to solve the problems of the IS-Urbie, it's just supposed to be a clan version.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 08 June 2018 - 01:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users