Selling Modules Question

12 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

Is there any reason I shouldnt just sell off all my modules now to get all the C-Bills I can for them before its too late?

I certainly dont want to get 11 million C-Bills for 140 million worth in modules. Maybe I should take my 70 mil C-Bills and run?

#2 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

It's completely up to you. If you don't want the free XP that comes with GSP and being able to master more mechs then you could make that choice.

However I would probably suggest you do wait until just before the release of the Skill Tree in case they change how and what they're going to do and make sure you understand 100% completely what you'll be getting and what you won't be getting. Remember that once you do make that choice then it's a choice *you* made. There's no going back running to mommy to fix it.

#3 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

I have plenty of XP. I certainly dont need any more of that. What I would really like is a full C-Bill refund for my modules, since they are eliminating them from the game. They can refund XP through the mech trees and general skill tree.

It feels like I am playing the stock market. I could sell now and get something decent. I could wait hoping for more of a return, but if I wait to long the bottom will fall out and I will get nothing.

Are you sure we will get notification before the new system goes live? I would hate to be holding out selling hoping they offer a full C-Bill refund, only to lose out on all my C-Bills because they roll out the patch without giving us any advanced warning.

#4 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:09 PM

Patch days are once a month, fixed and known of well in advance.

Remember that you are effectively getting the full value of the module refunded to you, just not as raw cbills but as GSP. You will need to spend 45k cbills per skill point, along with the 800 XP, on any new or existing unmastered mechs. A GSP can be used instead of the 45k cbills and 800 XP. SO if you sell your modules and then use that cbills to master a mech then you will have wasted half your cbills.

#5 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

I would wait until it's for sure getting patched.

#6 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

I'd like a way to identify which Modules I purchased before the cutoff so I can sell a large number of those on the day before the patch goes live, but still get full c-bill refunds for those purchased after the cutoff. This is not going to happen is it?

#7 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

I'd wait before selling them. PGI might just change positions if the dumpster fire is large enough.

#8 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

I'm only going to sell modules if they move forward with this method of refunding modules, and then only on the day before the patch goes live.

#9 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:37 PM

I guess I will wait a little longer. When is the next patch day?

#10 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

May 16 *This assumes that skill tree goes live this time*

Edited by mycroft000, 25 April 2017 - 08:41 PM.

#11 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:40 AM

And after reading the consumables thread I now understand why they wont refund our C-Bills for our modules. I guess May 15th is selling day!

I am really hoping they dont go live, as it kills my chosen mech. I dont play to get the C-Bills to buy the mech and xp the mech and grind the cbills to kit it out....only to do it again on the next mech. I have 2 mechs I play...and they are identical in every way. I play because I love how the game plays right now. These changes will kill the fun factor for me.

#12 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:45 AM

You can easily calculate your GSP needs prior to the patch with the ledger you have in the PTS. Do the chaos math on the eve of and set yourself up for the future. I'm going to wait and see what happens with the refund rates and methods before selling off modules that may be subject to full C-Bill refund due to player reaction.

#13 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

I am sure I will have MORE than enough GSP from my many many mastered mechs to unlock the two mechs I plan to use if this goes live. So I can afford to sell all my modules for C-Bills and use those C-Bills to buy consumables. That way I can use the full 5x consumables per match for a LONG time before I run out of C-Bills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users