Broken Nodes

7 replies to this topic

#1 Radkres

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

Broken nodes

I find once you buy the whole node tree in a section and you want to turn off the unwanted nodes you had to buy it turns off the connected nodes also!

This was not thought through.

I buy the whole tree with all the nodes in that tree and I want to turn off the junk nodes it turns off the good nodes too which makes this whole thing broken still.

Please fix this.

#2 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

its not broken thats how it worked before,
you have to buy some Parent nodes to get to the Child Nodes,
i dont really agree with it 100%, but thats how it was intended,

#3 Radkres

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

No that is not how it is to work now once you buy the nodes you should be able to turn them on and off without having to deal with the parent child once you own all the nodes in a tree that should not still be in effect as it makes the whole reason for turning on or off nodes once you bought them pointless!

#4 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:28 PM

sorry but that is how most Skill Trees work, you have to have Lv1 Fireball before you can Spec into Lv2 FireBlast,
which is why they are called Skill Trees, they expand like Trees Skills linked to Skills, Hence Skill Trees, ;)

#5 Radkres

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

Ok See what they are doing is Junk and makes the new skill system pointless because you still get junk you do not want and you can't remove that junk even after you still buy it thus paying the skill tree tax on garbage to get the skills you want and you are still limited to 91 active node which includes junk making no change from last time still making this tree junk.

#6 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:03 PM

i see where your coming from, i do, but the problem isnt in the Skill tree being a Tree,
the problem is in its organization, which i agree with, but you didnt make this Topic about Skill Tree Organization,

#7 Radkres

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:12 PM

True That is why I thought it was broken but as you said it is working as intended.
Which makes sense in a way but it will extremly limit the player's ability to do any real node changes as all this will lead to cookie cutter skill tree builds that still promote weapon boating. I Feel that all they are doing is a nurf / power draw / ghost heat band aid on a dying man. o.o

Thanks for Your Time!
*Huggles*
Be Safe!

#8 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

View PostRadkres, on 25 April 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

Ok See what they are doing is Junk and makes the new skill system pointless because you still get junk you do not want and you can't remove that junk even after you still buy it thus paying the skill tree tax on garbage to get the skills you want and you are still limited to 91 active node which includes junk making no change from last time still making this tree junk.

Lol this is exactly what so many of us were complaining about since day 1 of the pts. Its an extremely frustrating and unsatisfying system to use because of the forces nodes. This is the biggest diwnfall of the new skill tree but instead people complained about economy.

Instead people should be able to achieve what they want at the added offset of higher node values for the good ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users