4 replies to this topic

#1 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

Third time the charm? Every game I have played that has a node based skill tree like this allows you to unlock any node adjacent to the one you just unlocked. But here, only if it is physically lower than the one you unlock.

I should be able to unlock Speed Tweak 4 after I unlocked the adjacent Speed Tweak 5.

Posted Image

And again, video for reference also.
https://youtu.be/fe4cB3T-nOo

#2 King Chimera

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:33 PM

Yeah, it really blows that you have to invest so much more just for the bit of extra speed.

#3 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

It has two connections, on top and bottom. Some of the nodes require you to unlock both connections, some don't. I'm not sure why there is a difference. For example, look at Torso Speed 3 that has three connections but doesn't require the one on the top left to be unlocked.

This is another reason they should just go linear instead of a convoluted web of frustration.

#4 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:06 PM

A node is either above or below an unlocked node. If its above you cant select it from that node and if its below you can.

Its that simple. Top to bottom.

#5 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:27 PM

I've known plenty of video games which have "skills" and RPGs also where tree unlocks only occur top to bottom.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users