21 replies to this topic

#21 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

Here's the ******** PGI might be trying..

Don't know if this is fact or not, but I cannot see any other reason to introduce new currencies at this point.

At least this is the way it feels.

Edited by Koniving, 30 April 2017 - 04:09 PM.

#22 Venatos

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:57 AM

View PostMeihru, on 26 April 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

going the original plan (full cbill refund for modules) i would get about 2.000.000.000 Cbills (2 billion), +/- 100 million
which would have been enough to FULLY level about 185 mechs (assuming the theoretical max 242 skillnodes)
in reality i dont even need half of those nodes, so i could level all those 185 mechs as needed and still have 1 billion to spend for mechs, weapons, engines etc etc.

and after you bought all the mechs in the game, kitted them out and leveled them up.... what will you do with the leftover c-bills?
in the new system getting a mech to "full moduled up"-level is like 1/3 of the old c-bill cost. so the inhearent value of a c-bill is falls by the same amount. grinding for cbills will be a lot easier.

my point beeing, that with the new system, there is no way you dont end up with surplus something in a 1:1 conversion.
you will allways end up with 2-3times the amount of something if the new economy would have been in place since day1.

PGI realy needs to convert over values and endresults, not numbers:
i had 80 mechs mastered and moduled > i want them maxed out in the new system too.
i had 20 mechs basic or higher > give me equivalent skillpoints for those.
i had 20 modules lying around for flexibility > give me some extra skillpoints to roughly match the flexibility on the trees.

i am not loosing anything and the game is a lot better and a lot less grindy. what more could i want?
do i feel a little silly to have spent so much time grinding for modules? yes, but i still had fun playing and most importantly > i will never have to do it again! (well a lot less anyway ;)

where the modules realy worth the time infestment they took? no, not even close, they where just my carrot, my goal, something to work towards. my excuse for playing so much. ;)

would i still like some cbills? yeah sure, but i wouldnt want billions, it would instantly kill the game for me. i need something to work towards, around 100mil would be nice, maybe 200, enough for a few new mechs to grind xp for and deck out, and im happy as can be.

im realy exited for the new system! imagine: nomore grinding 2 ****** variants to level the one you like, no more endless module-grind!
i want it now!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users