6 replies to this topic

#1 kutkip

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:08 AM

Hi guys,

The skill tree looks fine with me, but it would be nice to actually be able to play. I only had one QP game in two hours!

#2 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:07 PM

1. We get nothing. NOTHING out of it. No "loot" and more importantly...
2. PGI does not listen anyways. We cannot improve the game through testing.

PGI might run some automated number farming on the tests, but our direct feedback is being ignored.

So whatever.

EDIT: Even worse, in the time we are on the test servers we cannot farm any exp or cbills on the live server. So in the end we even got LESS than nothing.
It really is a shame.

Edited by Doctor Dinosaur, 26 April 2017 - 12:08 PM.

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,884 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

Why bother? Not one issue related to actual play was changed from PTS 1 and 2 vs the current version. Changes to node organization, respec, player progress and refunds are not relevant to actual game play. Nerfs and engine decouple are certainly relvant, but besides some slight changes between the PTS versions there is no indication that any player input has had any impact on PGI's plan for gutting low tier mechs or decoupling engines in the the name of establishing some new mythical base line. So why play, if the two aspects of the proposed skill tree changes that play might actually impact and advise are already set in stone?

Edited by Bud Crue, 26 April 2017 - 12:20 PM.

#4 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

Why? So I can play my overnerfed IS mechs and suffer, as opposed to playing on live where at least my mechs aren't completely trash tier yet? I spent all yesterday doing QPs and testing grounds on the PTS with both my IS and clan mechs. That was painful enough. Not repeating that experience.

#5 QuePan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 109 posts
  • Locationcapital district NY

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:40 PM

other than running thru the tree to see the changes to how the spec costs are , there arent anyother changes to the game play between the last PTS and this one . so which means what was detected as issue before are still presesnt. the tree is still a mess that forces certain choices that have not relevance to what you might be building still , your still wasting points on skills that a mech my not need , So i logged in skilled a mech or two , went to the testing grounds judged my twisting , heat and speed ,Accelerate/ decelerate noticed no change from the last PTS . that said , if someone asks me to jump in for Science i would , but just to jump in at this point is a waste at this juncture .

#6 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

Why?

I already tested the same skill tree last time.

I can understand the refund mechanics without doing a gigantic PTS download.

#7 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

I tried, the one match I dropped into had the enemy team with three heavies and a light and our team with a heavy, a medium, and two lights. There was no testing, it was just stomp, stomp game over.

I spent time on the testing grounds though which provides better results than actually fighting people who have no interest in actually testing.

Edited by Ruar, 26 April 2017 - 12:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users