2 replies to this topic

#1 Grimlock Magnus

• PipPipPip
  • The Juggernaut
  • The Juggernaut
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

Situation: Take a mech with the skill nodes for advanced zoom level 1. Distance is about 500 meters away from the target. Zoom in with advanced zoom. Fire on the target using direct fire weapons. So far I have noticed this with UAC10 (slow weapon) and Large pulse (fast weapon).

What happens is that I see a lot of 'jitter'/erratic movement of the red box outline of the targeted mech. This is not the 'target lock/unlock' you get at extreme ranges on the live server or the minor jitter you see sometimes. The red outline is jumping and jittering several times per second, as if it cannot properly place itself around the mech.

This appears to happen in the following situations:
1. When my mech makes movement, even very minor ones.
2. When my weapons IMPACT the hostile mech (so not when I fire).

Particularly the last one is very noticeable with the slower autocannons. I'm standing perfectly still, as is my target I fire. The shells travel to the enemy mech. All is well. On impact: Jitter.

OS: This is very different from what we now have in production, I have used advanced zoom there enough times to notice the difference.

#2 Grimlock Magnus

• PipPipPip
  • The Juggernaut
  • The Juggernaut
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:16 PM

Addendum: I just noticed the 'jitter' or jumping around of the red target box outline happens when not in advanced zoom, but it is much less noticeable there.

#3 Grimlock Magnus

• PipPipPip
  • The Juggernaut
  • The Juggernaut
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

Yet another addition: I just checked on the live/production server. The problem is not present there, or at least not nearly as bad as it is on the test server. There is an occassional movemebt of the red outline targeting box, but not nearly as much as on test. I'd say on test it is a factor 10 worse (best guestimate).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users