8 replies to this topic

#1 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:41 PM

With the 1st iteration of the refund, PGI basically told the "cheapskates" that choose the first way (more mechs, less modules) that because not every mech is moduled, they are not "mastered". With this 2nd iteration of the refund, PGI is telling the same "cheapskates" that even though their mechs don't all have modules, they are still going to get 91 pts to put into their skill tree as if they are all moduled. Then, for the players that choose the second way (less mechs but all fully moduled) they also get all 91 pts per mech (as they should) and then this new currency of GSP (that can be used on future mechs, but no cbills to buy those future mechs).

Does PGI see how this puts the players in the 1st category far far ahead of the players in the 2nd category, even if both spent the same amount of c-bills up until now, but went down different choice paths?

I'll put it another way. Two players both have 100 million c-bills. Player A spends 50 million on 5 mechs (10 million each) and 50 million on modules to fully module them. Player B spends 100 million c-bills on 10 mechs (10 million each, and no money on modules period). When the refund comes, Player A now has 5 mechs still fully mastered, and GSP to master another 5 mechs, while Player B has 10 mechs still fully mastered, and no GSP to master any further mechs. Both spent 100 million, Player A now needs to spend another 50 million to be ON PAR with Player B's account (10 mechs each fully mastered).

I'm not arguing that players that didn't buy modules shouldn't get 91 pts to remain fully mastered in the new system, I'm arguing that players that bought modules should get their full refund back as well. Give us full c-bill refund for modules back

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 26 April 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#2 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:57 PM

When it was the other way around, I was suggesting that mech-rich/module-poor players should be allowed to sell unused or unwanted mechs for a 100% refund instead of the current 30-40% of original cost, since module-rich players were getting 100% back in refunds. Now, I still would advocate that there should be a choice between getting C-bills for the modules rather than GSP, because many of your mechs are probably already mastered, so the GSP is worthless, and the only thing you can do at this point, if nothing changes, is sell back your modules at 50% original cost to generate C-bills before the new tree goes live.

#3 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:37 AM

its a sticky situation for sure

check out my proposal to remedy the situation

https://mwomercs.com...-confusion-fix/

#4 Ockish

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:13 AM

View PostSarsaparilla Kid, on 27 April 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

When it was the other way around, I was suggesting that mech-rich/module-poor players should be allowed to sell unused or unwanted mechs for a 100% refund instead of the current 30-40% of original cost, since module-rich players were getting 100% back in refunds. Now, I still would advocate that there should be a choice between getting C-bills for the modules rather than GSP, because many of your mechs are probably already mastered, so the GSP is worthless, and the only thing you can do at this point, if nothing changes, is sell back your modules at 50% original cost to generate C-bills before the new tree goes live.

I think I agree with you, I would be content to be able to sell my modules back at 100% between now and the go live date for the skill change. This way they can leave the skill change plan in place and anyone who wants GSP or GXP or whatever the heck can get all they want and I get my refund on the modules. Otherwise I'm going to have to sell them all at half price and that's not fair at all.

I could have bought a Jenner with what it cost me for ONE module. I have dozens of them and I worked for every one.
If I had bought mechs instead it would not have broke the game then and If I buy mechs with the refunds it won't break it now either.

The refund for modules after a certain date is worse than useless, I can't even use it at all because I don't know how to separate the modules that were and were not bought after the date. As a consequence I will have to sell them all at half price knowing I could have got full price for some if there were a way to separate them out.

#5 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

This, some much this. PGI made a very bad descision here. If they do that i will never spend a cent of real money on this game and i will not play MW5. I grinded so long for those modules and denied myself a lot of mechs i order to fully master them all. Now thats woth nothing because the others with manny mechs get them fully mastered for free now...... Not fair!

#6 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:49 PM

I noticed an error in the original post. In the given example, player A has 5 mechs and 50 million C-Bills worth of modules. At 45000 C-Bills per point, these modules will give 1111 points, enough to master 12 additional mechs (17 total including the 5 owned mechs). The original post stated that player A would only have enough points to master 5 additional mechs.

It's a little difficult to make a 1:1 comparison between the two scenarios. After the skill tree transition, player A has 5 mastered mechs and enough skill points to master 12 additional mechs, while player B has 10 mastered mechs and no additional skill points.

In terms of C-Bills, neither player loses anything. Player A has 100 million C-Bills worth of mechs and skill points, while player B has 100 million C-Bills worth of mechs.

Player A saves about about 888K exp when they get the 1111 skill points, but they have to grind C-Bills for new mechs before they can spend their extra skill points.

Player B starts off with a greater variety of mechs, but they'll face a steep grind for each new mech that they buy.

I think part of the problem with this refund system is that it doesn't account for players' preference for short-term payoff. Getting a big pile of skill points (instead of C-Bills) will save players a lot of time and effort in the long run, but it isn't as fun as getting a big pile of C-Bills.

Edited by Metafox, 02 May 2017 - 11:51 PM.

#7 Myc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts
  • LocationPoDunk, IL

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:12 AM

My module refund gives me enough SP to master 564 mechs in addition to the ones I already own. I will never purchase another 564 mechs; it is unlikely that this game will ever have that many mechs to purchase. It is unlikely that I will purchase even 200 more mechs. Therefore, most of those skill points are useless.

#8 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:23 AM

View PostOckish, on 30 April 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

I think I agree with you, I would be content to be able to sell my modules back at 100% between now and the go live date for the skill change.

How about being able to sell off GSP same as with an inventory item?

#9 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:05 AM

View PostMetafox, on 02 May 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

I noticed an error in the original post. In the given example, player A has 5 mechs and 50 million C-Bills worth of modules. At 45000 C-Bills per point, these modules will give 1111 points, enough to master 12 additional mechs (17 total including the 5 owned mechs). The original post stated that player A would only have enough points to master 5 additional mechs.

It's a little difficult to make a 1:1 comparison between the two scenarios. After the skill tree transition, player A has 5 mastered mechs and enough skill points to master 12 additional mechs, while player B has 10 mastered mechs and no additional skill points.

In terms of C-Bills, neither player loses anything. Player A has 100 million C-Bills worth of mechs and skill points, while player B has 100 million C-Bills worth of mechs.

Player A saves about about 888K exp when they get the 1111 skill points, but they have to grind C-Bills for new mechs before they can spend their extra skill points.

Player B starts off with a greater variety of mechs, but they'll face a steep grind for each new mech that they buy.

I think part of the problem with this refund system is that it doesn't account for players' preference for short-term payoff. Getting a big pile of skill points (instead of C-Bills) will save players a lot of time and effort in the long run, but it isn't as fun as getting a big pile of C-Bills.

I am about to get a refund equivalent to another 286 mechs worth of GSP. I probably add maybe 10-20 mechs to my stable per year of play. I will never use up 286 mechs worth of GSP before this game dies. It is a stupid refund, and come May 15, I will be liquidating 85% of my module assets to at least get back 50% of my c-bills (I will lose roughly 700 million C-bills, which is stupid)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users