Suggestion On Engine Decoupling

6 replies to this topic

#1 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

The before and after values of engine decoupling are not communicated well right now. My suggestion is to not make too many changes at once. Make the default "decoupled" mobility values equal to today's values, given the largest engine the chassis can field, and including all quirks and skills that are applicable, and reduced by the amount that can be gained back via the skill tree.

As an example using a made up numbers: a Jenner can fit a size 300 engine, and with it, and mastered skills, and quirks, it accelerates at a rate of 100. The skill tree offers you up to +25% to acceleration, so the default decoupled acceleration rating should be 80 because 80*1.25=100 which is today's value. If a pilot chooses to not invest in mobility, that's their choice, but no stealth nerf occurred and PGI can clearly communicate this formula. If PGI must buff or nerf at the same time, they should list that in RED or GREEN as per usual.

#2 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:24 PM

bump

#3 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

bump

#4 Katastrophy Kid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 123 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:08 AM

View PostNlGHTBlRD, on 26 April 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

The before and after values of engine decoupling are not communicated well right now. My suggestion is to not make too many changes at once. Make the default "decoupled" mobility values equal to today's values, given the largest engine the chassis can field, and including all quirks and skills that are applicable, and reduced by the amount that can be gained back via the skill tree.

As an example using a made up numbers: a Jenner can fit a size 300 engine, and with it, and mastered skills, and quirks, it accelerates at a rate of 100. The skill tree offers you up to +25% to acceleration, so the default decoupled acceleration rating should be 80 because 80*1.25=100 which is today's value. If a pilot chooses to not invest in mobility, that's their choice, but no stealth nerf occurred and PGI can clearly communicate this formula. If PGI must buff or nerf at the same time, they should list that in RED or GREEN as per usual.

Two thumbs up.

#5 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

bump

#6 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

bump

#7 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:46 PM

I'm on the fence here
But I think I want to see how pgi's current values play out in live

If anything id like to see slightly bigger boosts from the mobility tree

If every tree is really attractive ,then your choices will matter more
And with lower base line mobility , choosing to up mobility can be a valid choice vs firepower

Mechs like the dragon really need to have this kind of option available
Not Evey Mech is a timber wolf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users