Mechanical Jump Boosters

2 replies to this topic

#1 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

For any mech that has legs, and two free crit slots in each leg, you can install mechanical jump boosters. These became "publically" available for the Inner Sphere in 3060, though their development release was in 3055.

These are giant hydraulic rams and myomer bundles that give your mech 1 jump movement point for every 5% of total mech tonnage sacrificed to the module.

1 jump movement point is about equivalent to 30 meters of sudden mostly horizontal movement (with some upward movement; it's a ballistic curve).

Upsides:

- Only ever uses 2 total crit slots per leg.
- No heat
- Works underwater
- Sudden burst movement in direction preferred
- Can also soften landing impacts.
- Sproing!

Downsides:

- 5% tonnage used per 30 meters of jump juice wanted
- Cannot anchor turn nor alter your flight path after the jump occurs until you land.
- Cannot be used at the same time as normal jump jets, though nothing prevents you from equipping both systems.
- Stops functioning if you take too much damage in a single leg and is weak to critical hits.

http://www.sarna.net...al_Jump_Booster

Edited by Tibbnak, 26 April 2017 - 07:59 PM.

#2 Dequire

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:08 PM

This actually sounds like it would be useful as an emergency bug out method for dodging rockets and for getting around enemies in close range. I like this.

#3 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:52 AM

Mechanical jump boosters?
We already have this feature:
Called Class I and Class II jump jets

(although i really would like a hot key to climb jump over ankle hight obstacles that are blocking my Assault were as every light can run over the same obstacle although its almost the hight of his cockpit

Edited by Karl Streiger, 27 April 2017 - 12:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users