Skill Tree Question

5 replies to this topic

#1 Terona

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

I was wondering, what happens to the xp I have earned with mechs I only have one variant of. For instance, I have a timberwolf with basic skills unlocked and 60k sp in reserve

60ksp up in smoke?

#2 Terona

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:21 PM

Not that I care.

I don't optimise. I had 4 modals after years of playing. I don't hardly master my mechs. I rather collect a variety of weapon platforms than specialize in one.

#3 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:56 PM

I actually have several mechs like this, variants that I tried out and enjoyed enough to play them from time to time, but not to bother buying 2 more to get the chassis as a whole up.
I'm hoping the mech xp turns into hxp (historic xp?) which can be used for skill nodes in the new system, but I've no real knowledge of that. My confidence level that I will be happy with whatever solution PGI uses here is.... low. Plenty of room to be pleasantly surprised though.

#4 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:34 AM

View PostDarth Terona, on 26 April 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

I was wondering, what happens to the xp I have earned with mechs I only have one variant of. For instance, I have a timberwolf with basic skills unlocked and 60k sp in reserve

60ksp up in smoke?

No, no smoke. The Timberwolf example, you will get about 30 HSP(i cant be ****** looking eact number up coz you cant be fkd rereading Skill Tree PTS announcement post till you get it.) (takes 91 SP to fully master a mech)
30 HSP can be turned into 30 skill points.

"60ksp in reserve" i believe you meant 60 k Xp in reserve will probably get you up to about 85 SP, If you pay the cbill costs (about 3 million cbills with that 60k xp) to buy them.

hope that explains it, send me a mech bay gift for being so helpful =p

View PostInsanity09, on 26 April 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

I'm hoping the mech xp turns into hxp (historic xp?) which can be used for skill nodes in the new system,

Correct, however you will also need to spend cbills in combination with that XP to get Skill Points unlocked in your skill tree.

#5 Terona

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

Thanks kado. Sadly irl broke. If you play eve though, whisper me your char name. I'm a wale on there. And you can share the wealth easier

#6 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

View PostDarth Terona, on 26 April 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

60ksp up in smoke?

Download the test server, and hop in to it. Why? because you will instantly answer the question as well as find out what your refund will be. Also to my knowledge it will be rolled into HXP for that variant or chassis.

Edited by Clownwarlord, 27 April 2017 - 10:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users