Aimbot As Game Option.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Solarrus

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

Sometimes at quick play and very often in faction play, i see next situation:
a) You take a full load of lasers, when you flash betwin 2 bildings during 1 second. Even through smoke, snow, lying mech. Even if you far from combat, and did not shoot yet.
B) Many players know, when you are leaving from behind of building. And ready for that.
c) Many players see 2 pixels of your mech visible(?) from behind of building, and can hit it by lasers from 700-1000 meters.
d) Increadible accuracy - all parts 100% HP, center crushed. Not even scratch at other parts. Even if you fight with 2 ppl. Snipers elite! (Strange, that not a headshots).
1d) Cut off hands from first hit. Every time.

There is only one reasonable explanation for these miracles - there is addon, that flashes all mech at map and behind building, and help to aim. Aimbot.

So, if you add aimbot as game option:
1) It will crush cheaters because thay can't play fair. Their skill is too low.
2) No more headache with cheater problem. You will free more programmers to content creation.
3) Happy players, because all are equal.

Everybody happy.
Sorry for english, it is not my native language.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:27 AM

....Or, maybe, just maybe...

They know you're behind the building. They know you're going to peek. They're zoomed in, they have graphic settings low, maybe a big monitor, they know *exactly* where you're coming out from.

Any competent player with his mouse sensitivity low (pro tip: Super high DPI and high sensitivity is NOT a good thing) who's waiting for you to peek is totally going to hit exactly where he wants to hit on your mech, as you're peeking out. It's not even hard.

#3 Sid Solis

• PipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

heavens no.....a 100 ton mech hiding behind a building......theres NOOOOO way you could see something so small hiding....

#4 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:22 PM

Not like the mech could have a big red box saying "Here I am!", or glow white in thermal imaging. Also not like there are people who legitimately have very fast reaction times or very good eyesight to catch the slight movements of a building sized robot painted in bright colors that don't match the background.

Side note; I've been called a cheater in War Thunder while playing realistic and simulator. Why? Because I shot them through forests or from the other side of a hill. How do I do that? Forrest; Because I can see the change of the background when there is a tank rumbling behind the forest creating shadows and knocking down trees and bushes. Hills; Because I use the binoculars to range the distance to the target and fire my cannon in an arc to hit the general area where they should be. Just because someone does something that you yet to have learned, does not mean its cheating.

#5 Saren21

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

Every one gets those lucky shots from time to time, just the other day i HS'ed a Hunchback in River City who just so happened to poke his head out over a hill. Adding an Aimbot I don't think will really make the game any more "fair" or "balanced" then the current meta game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users