Possible Refund Exploit

4 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

https://mwomercs.com...ession-2#ledger

So i was thinking, if the refund is multiplied by amount of mechs you mastered, then you can just pad the refund via buying more cheap mechs, and then later sell those cheap mechs.

This is the transfer of Skill Progress from all of your 'Mechs under the previous Skill system. The 'Overall Progress' column in your Refund Ledger refers to the total number of Skills you had unlocked for a listed 'Mech.

Put simply, the Skill status of a 'Mech under the previous system is converted into an associated number of Historical Skill Points (HSP). You can then assign any amount of HSP to a specific variant or its duplicates for use in the Skill Tree.
Each Skill from the previous system is converted into a specific HSP value. For example, Cool Run (Basic) equates to 1 HSP, while Fast Fire (Elite) equates to 10 HSP.

Basic

Original XP Cost

Skill Point Refund

Cool Run

Kinetic Burst

Twist X

Heat Containment

Hard Brake

Twist Speed

Arm Reflex

Anchor Turn

Total Basic

Elite

Original XP Cost

Skill Point Refund

Quick Ignition

Fast Fire

Pinpoint

Speed Tweak

Total Elite

Master

Original XP Cost

Skill Point Refund

Module Slot

Grand Total

The HSP value is determined according to the XP investment required to unlock the Skill under the previous system; for every 630 XP you spent to acquire a Skill under the previous system you'll receive 1 SP (rounded up).
Full Basic status equates to 23 HSP.
Full Elite status equates to an additional 34 HSP.
Full Master status equates to an additional 34 HSP. A fully Mastered 'Mech therefore receives a base amount of 91 HSP in return. Those 91 points can then be used to acquire full 'Master' status under the new Skill system without needing to spend any C-Bills or XP to unlock the Skill Nodes.

Additionally, the amount of HSP received from the Skill status of a 'Mech under the previous Skill system is multiplied by the number of duplicate variants you own of that 'Mech.
For example: A player owns three CDA-2A 'Mechs, and had achieved full Elite status for the CDA-2A chassis under the previous Skill system. As part of their transition and refund process they would thus receive a total of 171 HSP for use with their CDA-2A 'Mechs (57 HSP * 3 variants).

For example, I've mastered the urbanmech, that means i had 57 HSP for each urbanmech, and i owned 4, so i would recover 364 HSP.

But each UM-R60 costs only 1,560,113 C-Bills. Yet each skill points is only 45,000 C-Bill and 800 XP, and would take 4,095,000 CBills and XP 72800 to master.

However, i could circumvent that somewhat, by buying only 1,560,133 CBills worth urbanmech each. That means I can get a profit of 162.481% with each urbanmech i could buy. With this potential exploit, i think anyone can farm HSPs.

Considering this possible exploit, i would simply suggest to do away with the Historic SP, and simply provide free nodes that would equate to the bonuses of the old Skill Tree. Like if one variant is already speed-tweaked, then upon the transition the variants and duplicates would simply come with Speed-tweak and associated nodes, free of charge.

#2 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

HSPs can only be used on a specific chassis. They are not transferable to another chassis. Further, there is no way to convert HSP to Cbills. No exploit.

Edited by Lionheart2012, 27 April 2017 - 09:33 PM.

#3 Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 383 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:29 PM

I Believe he is saying that for certain mechs it would be cheaper to buy a duplicate of the mech than to pay 45,000Cbills for the additional 151 skill nodes. It would cost you 6,795,000cbills to unlock all 242 nodes after you use your 91 HSP. But another Urbie would cost you 1.5 mil cbills, so for 3 million cbills you could get 182 HSP on that specific variant. And you can sell the extra urbies after. So... really it would cost you 1.5 million to be able to unlock every node for the a single urbie doing this as opposed to the 6.8 mil using MXP/GXP and cbills.

#4 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

A bit meh as exploits go. You need mechbays if you don't have any spare for one. You are still losing cbills, if less so. It's only viable on cheap chassis. You will have had to master the chassis already. I'm... doubtful as to how much mileage you'll get out of those additional nodes, how often you'll respec to them. Many people already have more GSP than they have a use for so the extra HSP is very much a waste of cbills.

But that's just my pov.

#5 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:58 AM

View PostLionheart2012, on 27 April 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

HSPs can only be used on a specific chassis. They are not transferable to another chassis. Further, there is no way to convert HSP to Cbills. No exploit.

True.

Then again, 1.5 millon CBills for a potential 4 million CBills worth of free upgrade each dummy mech. I can simply pick my favorites, and upgrade it more than 91 nodes without spending more 45,000 Cbiills and 800 XP for diifferent nodes, and just switch things out if I wanted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users