• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,906 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:34 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 01 May 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

No? What do you mean no?

Russ himself said so on his flipping twitter feed that he wants people to buy multiple copies of the same mech in order to experiment.

Certainly that is the intent. Read what I said, or better yet go do the math of what a respec costs. Not many mechs other than some IS lights will cost more than that entire respec fee, should you desire to respec a given mech. If you want to buy a whole new mech that is your business but it is still cheaper to respec most mechs rather than buy a new one.

#62 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:41 AM

And no one is being forced, that is for sure.

#63 VanillaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 01 May 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

No? What do you mean no?

Russ himself said so on his flipping twitter feed that he wants people to buy multiple copies of the same mech in order to experiment.

Buying multiple copies will be the new "I bought duplicate modules because I did not want to swap". You don't NEED duplicate mechs to experiment and it would actually be a bad idea to do that. If you find multiple builds that you like for a chassis you can make the decision if you want to keep paying the XP respec cost to switch or buy and build a second mech.

The only way that buy a second mech for experimentation would be better is if each variant shared a common xp pool like HXP does. Only then would multiple of the same mech make sense because you could grind out the CBills and XP on your first variant and start unlocking on the second.

#64 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:58 AM

Why is the new skill tre so confusing or mix and mash? Well it has to do with putting nodes in the way of what players want to make them spend extra nodes to get something good. In doing so PGI muddies their skill tree, but also forces the player to make a decision, "Do I spend the on the nodes to get Option A or spend on the useless nodes to get Option B?"

This in parts will drive diversity for the solo cue where you have the least competitive play int he game, and because of that you get more diversity in opinions of what is better (option A or option B).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users