Stealth Armor = Useless?

51 replies to this topic

#41 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

If you're not locking every mech that gets in front of you then you should feel bad.

Even if you're not shooting them, lock targets, identify their letter/ID and where they are damaged for later exploitation as necessary.

That's 101 stuff. Always Be Locking. It helps your whole teams situational awareness.

#42 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostHGAK47, on 29 April 2017 - 05:03 AM, said:

MK1 Eyeball OP!

Thankfully maps are continually nerfing this item

Visibility OP

Edited by Mcgral18, 29 April 2017 - 09:20 AM.

#43 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

Isn't stealth armor supposed to block you from thermal vision, guys? That's the point; that's why it builds up heat - you don't release it.

Has this even been discussed in the thread yet, or is all about 'dem lox?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 29 April 2017 - 09:31 AM.

#44 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:39 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 29 April 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

Isn't stealth armor supposed to block you from thermal vision, guys? That's the point; that's why it builds up heat - you don't release it.

Has this even been discussed in the thread yet, or is all about 'dem lox?

It has, but, it kind of hasn't been a focal point of discussion. The lack of being on thermal and instead being roughly the same as the ambient environment is pretty nice idea, but, you are still a mech shape running around so IDK how well that will play out. Might be pretty good, might be pretty meh. because ambient means if you have terrain behind you, can't pick you out from it, but, if you don't, easy to spot.

#45 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:47 AM

They rolled too much of stealth armor into the base ECM back in the day, now they suffer for it. Being invisible to UAV/Radar could be nice, and if it somehow is also invisible to seismic I can see it helping backstabbers out some.

#46 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:10 AM

What if they would role back the ECM as soon as Stealth Armor become avaible? So it would be like this:

ECM
Disrupts Probes, Artemis and NARC
Gives longer times to get a targetlock

ECM+Stealtharmor
The above and removeing you from radar and heat sensors, still seismic stays.

You will stay visible to UAVs as they have a visual targeting ability...or so it seams from the trailer back in the days.

That way ECM could still be effective in preventing missilerain but wouldn't be as strong as before. Promoting that mechs that want to be completly stealthy have to use Stealtharmor too.

Also it would reduce the number of ECM we see on the field maybe. Sometimes it feels like you can't go outside without an ECM.

Edited by Nesutizale, 29 April 2017 - 10:12 AM.

#47 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

Well, stealth armor would be more significant if PGI decided to implement Guardian ECM in this game instead of the Angel ECM they implemented (and falsely labeled as "Guardian ECM").

#48 Flashshark

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:41 AM

I still feel too visible with stealth armor!
LAst match one spotted me ober 750m with stealth on and shot on me...
Idk if there are grafik settings that make it not working....
Might have been a hack, too

#49 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,805 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:44 AM

View PostFlashshark, on 26 May 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

I still feel too visible with stealth armor!
LAst match one spotted me ober 750m with stealth on and shot on me...
Idk if there are grafik settings that make it not working....
Might have been a hack, too

What map were you on? Stealth armor doesn't make you invisible to the naked eye.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#50 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,917 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:05 PM

stealth wont protect you from the mk1 eyeball. any mech outside the range of any available sensor hardware, skill or quirk, is still visible to the naked eye. then it just takes a well aimed erppc shot to reveal you.

also if you run it you either can pewn taters or get flagged as a primary target and quickly focused down. so its kind of feast or famine.

also this is very nekro.

Edited by LordNothing, 26 May 2018 - 02:10 PM.

#51 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

View PostPromessa, on 26 May 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

This thread is pretty much ancient bro. Anyway, unless you're in a black commando or a black locust, you're pretty easy to see. You should stull really try to reduce time spent exposed while moving. If you want to get info, you can peak over a hill, even very close and just stare, probably never get noticed. Moving is what gives you away, as long as you're painted dark. Honestly, probably not worth taking at all over 25 tons. The neat thing about the commando and locust is that you don't really save a significant amount of weight with Ferro, so you might as well just take the stealth if you're going to run ecm.

Neutral grey is the color you want and with a camo patern to break up the outline of the mech.

I would go with a light grey (almost white) with a neutral mid shade grey and a very dark grey tirtiary color.

A solid black object is potentially a bold contrast.

Another tip is using terrain to print into,that is standing with something similar in color behind you without moving to much or at all.

I have literally been standing in the midst of the enemy in a Commando and not been noticed and several times at that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users