Respec Costs Should Stay

3 replies to this topic

#1 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

I am actually of the unpopular opinion. I think experience should go, not respec costs. I want node upgrades to be activated without an experience cost. The moment you buy a mech; there should be nothing to stop you from filling in the tree completely.

I'm saying this because it hinders players when playing mechs for the first couple of times. Many players are dropping with a disadvantage in some manner if they are unable to fill in all the nodes. *This* is what should be free. It makes for more fair gameplay in my opinion.

I understand the reason as to why people want free respecs. However I just want the respec costs to be moderate rather than high. I think people can live with respec costs if experience was no longer a factor.

These costs aren't put in the game for no reason at all. There is likely some defense for their action. Most likely for monetary reasons, or keeping players interested in fighting in matches. In any case, PGI can further expand on the importance of C-bills, while taxing their player base less.

The cost of respecs that I'd be willing to pay for C-bills is 500K-700K.

Edited by Livaria, 29 April 2017 - 09:19 AM.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

I think its ok to have a cost for skillpoints in one form or the other but that they shouldn't be for free.
Sure it puts you in a disadvantage with a new mech but it also gives you the progression to move forward with your mech.

What I think has to change is that its an artifical Cbill sink. It should be XP only. Thats what they are for. XP for skills, money for mechs/equipment.

Something I would add is an option to convert either XP or Cbills into GSP. Make them realy high at cost, taking a realy long time but for those who have an overflow of these resources it would be a usefull sink.
Maybe even getting them to buy a mech/mechpack for $ because they know they can skill it realy quickly by just converting their stock of Cbills.

This system works very well with StarTrek online where you have a ingame earnable currancy that you can convert into the Equivalent of MC in MWO.
Takes me half a year or so to get enough to buy something big but I am more willing now to spend my $ on other items, because I know I will get something else over time.

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:33 PM

I'm fine with the costs. People keep playing like they're going to reskill the whole mech when they try something out. There has been dozens of times I ran mechs without modules and I did just fine.

#4 soapyfrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 409 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

I am opposed to respec costs in general, but I would be ok with a low c-bill cost (I am talking 10,000 cbills or less per skill point you want to move).

C-bills come from a common pool and it's easy to have a ready supply. XP is mech specific unless you have paid real money, forcing you to grind more on that mech just to get it back to where you already had it.

Respecs should be instantaneous. If I want to change my build my mech should be 100% ready to go the moment I hit save on the mechlab.

XP cost for respecs is bogus and MUST go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users