Pgi: Please Have A Shopping Cart For Website Store

7 replies to this topic

#1 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:59 AM

You guys did it for in-game store. There is really no reason why such thing doesn't exist for your website store.

I just tried to order all 4 Civil War Pack. Due to them being in succession (since, no cart) of 4 orders, my bank locked my card and assumed it was fraudulent/mistake charges.

It was not a big BIG deal, I called my bank and got it cleared up in about 20 minutes. But, still minor annoyance.

So, I think this can be prevented if there is a cart system if everything can be made in 1 purchase at checkout.

Just a suggestion!

Edited by razenWing, 30 April 2017 - 01:59 AM.

#2 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:52 AM

That is what the Ultimate Packs were to avoid, but you are right, even if that is chosen that's still four separate purchases :(

#3 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:35 AM

Sins it's related to getting money from players, I'm shoked PGI haven't done it yet.

#4 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:04 AM

View PostCycKath, on 30 April 2017 - 02:52 AM, said:

That is what the Ultimate Packs were to avoid, but you are right, even if that is chosen that's still four separate purchases Posted Image

No, that's still 4. I understand linear purchase (upgrading from STD to Collector, for example) requires separate transaction. But non-linear purchase (Madcat MK2, Uziel... etc) require separate clicks.

Say one day, you got your tax return and decide to blow the money on 8 different packs (hypothetically), you might run into the same problem as me after 2 or 3 checkouts.

My experience is that at the 3rd purchase, the quick checkout put a hold that you need to enter verification code for. the 4th transaction is when my credit card put a lock. Maybe it will be different for people because of their usage pattern, but again... single checkout solves a lot of the problems.

(And I know, PGI is not Amazon, you are not buying gajillion mechpacks. But still, would still be nice to have a shopping cart)

Edited by razenWing, 30 April 2017 - 04:05 AM.

#5 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:19 AM

From a consumer purchasing standpoint, It's SAFER if PGI would implement a shopping cart for the above reasons. They need to realize going thru checkout ONCE is better than multiple times for this. Last thing I want is my card locked up when I'm honestly trying to get some mechs I want. Good point to bring this out!

#6 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:13 AM

A shopping cart is a standard feature of shops all over the web. It's an easily understood metaphor of user interface design.
Even "linear" purchases could just add an "upgrade to gold plated narc darts" item or something into the shopping cart, greatly simplyfiying purchases.

Quick question: Wouldn't the "feature suggestion" or the "website & forum" subforums be a better place for this topic?

#7 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:29 AM

View PostExilyth, on 30 April 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

A shopping cart is a standard feature of shops all over the web. It's an easily understood metaphor of user interface design.
Even "linear" purchases could just add an "upgrade to gold plated narc darts" item or something into the shopping cart, greatly simplyfiying purchases.

Quick question: Wouldn't the "feature suggestion" or the "website & forum" subforums be a better place for this topic?

Yea, but general forum seems to get more PGI responses.

PS Update:

So, first, they placed a 71 cent for the verification on purchase number 3. I hope that will be refunded. Second, I guess my bank has different departments that review activities... so my card got locked again a while ago. The annoyance is starting to grow.

#8 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:35 AM

People from outside the US can often get transaction fees for converting currencies too, one for each transaction. It is honestly a pretty big deterrent

Edited by BumbleBee, 01 May 2017 - 02:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users