#1 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:23 AM

Hi guys,

I just built a new PC but for the life of me MWO doesn't run on full-screen no matter the settings I use in config.

Also, theres a horrible FPS counter and CPU/GPU resource monitoring going on on the upper left corner that I cant get rid off. Even by using old rivers (just the drivers and no Geforce experience) the thing pops back on again after a restart.

Cant play like this, have you guys worked around it? Because my research was fruitless.

#2 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

the MWO fps counter is off by default, so if you have one there, its from some other piece of software ... unfortunately the description of 'horrible' isn't quite enough to take guesses at likely culprits either, but fairly likely candidates would include rivatuner, fraps, evga precision X (really just rivatuner again) .... do you have any custom user configuration ... because, its possible to block out fullscreen mode in there ... I assume you've tried the standard windows switch-to-fullscreen shortcut of alt-enter .... if its a laptop you might want to try to make sure its not using a secondary lower end gpu, like an intel hd4000 ...

how big is the counter
what color is it
does it look blocky or smooth ...
did you set up all the software on this 'new computer', or was it pre-activated ...

#3 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:19 AM

Its like the screenshot below, in MWO also shows up.

https://forums.eagle...ad.php?t=186861

Edited by Pilotasso, 01 May 2017 - 09:20 AM.

#4 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:24 AM

OK, I ran task manager, terminated each executable at one time, and when I reached the culprit the problem went away. It was NZXT's CAM software FPS overlay. I only want to control the cooler's RGB but the software comes with alot of bloatware.

It took me this long to figure it. Now MWO now fullscreens without the text.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users