My Daily Event Adventure

15 replies to this topic

#1 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:08 AM

Posted Image

That is the typical event experience for a mediocre potato like me dropping in IS PUG team, drop, be slaughtered, and drop again........we dont even manage to do any damage to any of generator, seriously, i wont play such game without MC reward.

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,906 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:29 AM

Sorry I can't help it...

You would probably do more damage if you shot the enemy mechs rather than the generators.
Just sayin. :)

#3 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:32 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 08 May 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

Sorry I can't help it...

You would probably do more damage if you shot the enemy mechs rather than the generators.
Just sayin. Posted Image

We did not shoot at (nor did we reach) the generator at all. After our first failure attempt to get in, we just get stomped outside the gate before we can even get inside.

#4 AWOL 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:33 AM

Link up with a group, don't PUG. It helps tremendously.

#5 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

I think the answer to your problem is here: I am officially done with TUC3

#6 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

You should find a Discord or Teamspeak3 server with people playing, you may have to change factions but you can find an organized group to carry you through the PUG drops. You will still lose to guys like KCOM but you'll win some against the skittles.

#7 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

View Postingramli, on 08 May 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

Posted Image

That is the typical event experience for a mediocre potato like me dropping in IS PUG team, drop, be slaughtered, and drop again........we dont even manage to do any damage to any of generator, seriously, i wont play such game without MC reward.

I had the same situation when I tried to play smaller FP events last year.
At some point, I gave up and just played quick play or scouting.
One event, however, was so lucrative that I really wanted at least ONE win in invasion mode.

So I coordinated the sh*t out of them.
"Please gather in XY"
"Wait for assaults"
"Push"
"Regroup, do not just pour in and die."
"Ignore gens, kill the Mechs first."

Over and over, all match long.

And it worked.
In the first match, we almost won against a 12 man premade.
In the second match, we won against another pug team and I had my win. GG.

But it's just SOO cumbersome.
Most people have tactical and teamplay capabilities of monkeys if they are not coordinated.
They are unable to watch their team mates, stick with them, etc.
They just run around like zombies.
All those "drill seargent" movies that depict normal soldiers like they are hardly more than animals that have to be directed ... they are all true.

(btw: my brother is in a unit and it's the exact same thing there. It's just that the monkeys have always the same name instead of changing names)

Since that win, I don't normally play FP anymore.
A shooter with 12 man teams is not suitable for people that are not organized in strict military structures.

I do play FP for Tukayyid again. I win around 50-50. Encountering premades is a certain defeat, of course.
And I can't get myself to take initiative and command the monkeys again.
I just play and see if we win or lose. The event conditions are ridiciously easy, so I don't even have to care.

Edited by Paigan, 08 May 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#8 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

Posted Image

The event is fun when you have pug VS pug matches no groups it is almost balanced in a lot of ways battle time is longer and the fun factor goes up tremendously.

Or the other way to have fun in FP or this event is find a unit to drop with you may be less skilled but your unit team mates will kill everything and you can just set back take a few pot shots at some one and win the battles.

It has been my opinion that for 5 years PGI has been on there own island oblivious to your plight in the MechWarrior universe when they could have made this game balanced and more fun from day 1 by splitting the solo and FP queues solo-casual-pug on one queue and units on the other queue.

PGI will never admit PUGS and units don't belong in the same solo or FP queues together I guess Russ and those at PGI that still play MWO just love the pug stomps day in and day out because there in units.

#9 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

Please tell us again how your team being bad and their team being less bad is someone else fault.

#10 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

Matches with someone coordinating them realy help. Basicly every match where someone took controle went preaty well.
Still I mostly found myself typing in the commands someone gave over VoiP as many people don't seam to even listen to it.
When we did both (typing and VoiP) it worked even better.

Won one match where we just typed. My impression is more people are reading stuff then listening...sadly.

As for good and bad matches...out of 8 I had two where we got realy stomped. Maybe I was just lucky to be in good groups or haveing easy enemys but I doubt that. It came mostly down to one taking command and the others listening to it.

That an moral. Most IS people seam to be pretty pissed about how things can go south and they let it out. Be possitive, talk some nonsense like the Cat piloting an Altas makes it a Catlas.
Works wonders for gameplay...surprisingly.

#11 Felbombling

• 2,976 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

I am still finding my bearings in the newer version of Faction play, but the games I've taken part in have all been fairly close, with losses about equal to wins. Scouting-wise, I'm getting frustrated. The bar says Clans are mopping up, but it feels as though I'm 3 for 12 or something.

Your mileage may vary, but so far the event has been pretty fun.

#12 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:59 AM

..we dont even manage to do any damage to any of generator,

Get any idea of doing dmg to gens pretty much ever out of your head. Most of the time they are noob traps that suck potatoes into shooting them instead of the bad guys.

Edited by Ghogiel, 08 May 2017 - 08:59 AM.

#13 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,906 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:06 AM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 08 May 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

I am still finding my bearings in the newer version of Faction play, but the games I've taken part in have all been fairly close, with losses about equal to wins. Scouting-wise, I'm getting frustrated. The bar says Clans are mopping up, but it feels as though I'm 3 for 12 or something.

Your mileage may vary, but so far the event has been pretty fun.

Agreed. Out of 19 FP invasion matches I played since Friday evening, we had three where we got stomped (one assault match where our 6 man plus pugs dropped against a 4 man of SJR and 2 EMP and friends; one on boreal attack where we just stunk up the joint; and the first match we played on grim conquest and we had no understanding of how to play it with respawns), but the rest of the matches have been tremendously fun. Several close losses and several close wins all but a few were siege. Good times. Makes me miss phase 2.

#14 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,805 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:21 AM

Hello all,

Like many of my IS brethren, I was getting stomped regularly in Scouting by experienced Clan mech drivers. Late last evening I logged on as a solo pug when the Oceanic servers were more populated and it was a very different experience. First off, I got a better (for me) short-range brawler (Griffin-2N), and out of six scouting matches, we won three (giving me 8 wins for the swag, woot!). The matches were mostly against pre-made Clan pairs.

Next I dropped into a siege match, defending. Although our team was completely made up of solo pugs, by using comms effectively, we were able to pull off a win even though it was close a couple of times (lost the gens but saved the guns).

So, IS can still prevail...every now and then. Good on ya Aussies, oi, oi, oi Posted Image .

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 08 May 2017 - 09:22 AM.

#15 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:55 AM

Time and server beeing played on makes a differance.
At the morning I got stoped...every time.
Middle of the day was okay.
Near evening it was "easy gg" and then I just log off ^_^

#16 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:14 AM

There's no matchmaker. So there's no quality control for matches. And once the event is over less incentives to keep trying. I would recommend finding a group that has TS and play with some coordinated people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users