#44 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:16 PM

View PostAnTi90d, on 04 May 2017 - 03:21 AM, said:

I lost interest in Star Wars when Disney bought the IP and declared that main characters shall be limited to females and men from minority races, only.

Also...

Han shot first, which was totally appropriate, given that he was of the Scoundrel class.

Posted Image

Disney did the same with Marvel. It did not turn out well. They going all in on their white genocide agenda along with Netflix. I'm not even white or western and I'm offended by what they've done. :3

#45 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:23 PM

View PostElizander, on 04 May 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

white genocide agenda

A slight drop in direct representation of specifically white males in positive/primary cinematic roles overall = white genocide to this guy...

You might need to lay off the Alex Jones hormone pills.

#46 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:33 PM

Surely someone here can build up an R2-Urbie and a gold Enforcer...

#47 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,840 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:16 AM

View PostElizander, on 04 May 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

Disney did the same with Marvel. It did not turn out well. They going all in on their white genocide agenda along with Netflix. I'm not even white or western and I'm offended by what they've done. :3

Marvel comics "tried" to diversify their line problem is they remove pretty much their whole main line that isn't Peter Parker Spiderman, and Captain America Steve Rogers ( his Hydra books are actually amazing and fresh). Unlike DC who learned quick after mess of the new 52 they added diversity without killing off their main lineup.

Also got nothing against the new movies or EU just don't like Mary Ray Sue, Captain Phasma, and their laziness to work on the old EU to clean some messes and improve in the story. And rewriting the Old Republic​ era that was perfect.

#48 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:04 AM

Posted Image

#49 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 04 May 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

A slight drop in direct representation of specifically white males in positive/primary cinematic roles overall = white genocide to this guy...

You might need to lay off the Alex Jones hormone pills.

Agreed. It's like a guy I know who was whining about how both Episode 7 and Rogue One had strong female leads. "Oh, nos - a movie where all the main characters aren't white males! Whine, whine, whine!"
Shall we look at the numbers?
- In Episodes 4, 5, and 6, the only female lead didn't do much of anything heroic (other than talking back to Vader) until the last episode. And the one non-white guy starts out as a traitor in Empire.
- In Episodes 1, 2, and 3, it was all white guys, all the time. The one female lead basically looked good, carried Anakin's child, and got killed.
- Hell, even in Rogue One, everyone aside from the female lead and the Rebellion General was male, and I think all white males, too.

So, yeah - I think the anti-political correctness crowd can just suck it up. I can't wait for them to whine about how Wonder Woman has a female lead... loons.

They don't just need the Force - they need some basic common sense and math skills, too.

Edited by oldradagast, 08 May 2017 - 03:32 AM.

#50 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:58 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 08 May 2017 - 03:30 AM, said:

Agreed. It's like a guy I know who was whining about how both Episode 7 and Rogue One had strong female leads. "Oh, nos - a movie where all the main characters aren't white males! Whine, whine, whine!"
Shall we look at the numbers?
- In Episodes 4, 5, and 6, the only female lead didn't do much of anything heroic (other than talking back to Vader) until the last episode. And the one non-white guy starts out as a traitor in Empire.
- In Episodes 1, 2, and 3, it was all white guys, all the time. The one female lead basically looked good, carried Anakin's child, and got killed.
- Hell, even in Rogue One, everyone aside from the female lead and the Rebellion General was male, and I think all white males, too.

So, yeah - I think the anti-political correctness crowd can just suck it up. I can't wait for them to whine about how Wonder Woman has a female lead... loons.

They don't just need the Force - they need some basic common sense and math skills, too.

It was never about the progressive crow it more about how Episode 7 was a rehash of episode 4, and Rey a complete mary sue. Kylo and Finn's character was underwhelming despite there hype for over a year.

Episodes 1-3 is the Tradgey of Anikan Skywalker and everyone around him he alone shaped the galaxy within the 20+ years before becoming Vader.

Episodes 4-6 was the story of Luke trails of becoming a Jedi and the redemption of Vader.

The only thing closest to race debates in Star Wars every is Human > Non humans that been explored many times in both the old eu and new. If you guys can take this from Morgan Freeman yal wouldn't been discussing this.

Don't turn this thread to politicale debate...

#51 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:42 AM

At first it was "May the 4th be with you."

Then it was "Revenge of the 5th."

#52 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:06 AM

View PostCDLord HHGD, on 08 May 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

At first it was "May the 4th be with you."

Then it was "Revenge of the 5th."

Now it's Attack of the 8th.

#53 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:00 AM

And then it'll be Rogue 11th, and finally, then The Last May-day... Where will it end?...June? I guess June.

View PostBattlemaster56, on 08 May 2017 - 04:58 AM, said:

The only thing closest to race debates in Star Wars every is Human > Non humans that been explored many times in both the old eu and new.

And maybe how many "non humans" have surprising similarities to stereotyped cultural/racial representations, and that a certain empire is modeled after and/or highly representative of a particular historical nation and other things (sexuality) that will make you squint cautiously at George Lucas forever...

But nonetheless the rebels have always been diverse as a group. and it would probably be arguable that "humans > non-humans" in a number of ways considering the rebels need that diversity (not just in human races) and numbers to win, and Luke at the very least requires training from the strange alien in order to defeat his mostly robotic (half human) oedipus complex.. Cough I mean father, and what amounts to an entirely human (aside from some alien mercenaries) empire.

Honestly though star wars lost it for me a while ago anyway, most of the films don't stand up to the test of time, there's a lot of basic and generic stuff in there just disguised in the setting of space and alien worlds. It became iconic for mostly the wrong reasons if you look at it just from a critical cinematic viewpoint... I could go into it further but this star wars appreciation thread hardly seems the place >.<

#54 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 08 May 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

And then it'll be Rogue 11th, and finally, then The Last May-day... Where will it end?...June? I guess June.

And maybe how many "non humans" have surprising similarities to stereotyped cultural/racial representations, and that a certain empire is modeled after and/or highly representative of a particular historical nation and other things (sexuality) that will make you squint cautiously at George Lucas forever...

But nonetheless the rebels have always been diverse as a group. and it would probably be arguable that "humans > non-humans" in a number of ways considering the rebels need that diversity (not just in human races) and numbers to win, and Luke at the very least requires training from the strange alien in order to defeat his mostly robotic (half human) oedipus complex.. Cough I mean father, and what amounts to an entirely human (aside from some alien mercenaries) empire.

Honestly though star wars lost it for me a while ago anyway, most of the films don't stand up to the test of time, there's a lot of basic and generic stuff in there just disguised in the setting of space and alien worlds. It became iconic for mostly the wrong reasons if you look at it just from a critical cinematic viewpoint... I could go into it further but this star wars appreciation thread hardly seems the place >.<

While it's true the Empire is based off of {Godwin's Law} Germany it do take up bits and pieces of WW1 Germany too. Also the emperor really didn't care about alien races that much seeing his closest adviser is such a being he allowed this discrimination to run because it's easier to control a divided group under chaos and he have a thing for living in the moment. And while it's true humans in star wars is racist ***** most of them are nobles and head of corporations believe in the idea that aliens are leeching off of human advancement and ingenuity.

The rebels usually just pick any group that wanted to join and aliens did join them because their worlds was under unjust rule from imperial admirals and governors. The empire mostly lost because a good portion of the admirals and officers are incompetent ( a little to incompetent imo), and could of won if they had more people like Tarkan and Thrawn as they earn their respect from the military personal and able to come up with strategies to trapped and pin rebels in a horrible position, plus the rebels were extremely few in numbers and the ones that survive after a week of blaster training would be lucky enough to see another day if the empire did not capture them or outright massacre them. Take the battle of hoth the rebels had to retreat and the ones holding the line knew they won't make it. The rebellion couldn't take on even a small portion of the imperial fleet if they want to without great loss in the forces.

Maybe you could make a thread one day talking about these views as it's kinda hard for me to find them, as I know Lucas sucks at directing in films and stuff but the guy make good stories and ideas, at times he just to prideful of his movies (that's the main reason he hated the old eu). But I'm done ranting for a bit.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users