Battle For Tukkayid 3

18 replies to this topic

#1 Aldair

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:07 PM

I can't believe Inner Sphere won day 2. Can only be op technology and mechs. Can't be anything else, don't bother me with the evidence. Blah blah blah blah, nerf IS.

No one that was complaining yesterday was complaining anymore so some one had to do it.

Edit: So I'm guessing PGI retroactively changed it. Leaving idiocy in place.

Edited by Aldair, 07 May 2017 - 05:38 PM.

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,935 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:14 PM

Wa?

My lil personal challenge screen says IS "defeated" for day 2.

#3 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:19 PM

nah surprise clan won day 2

#4 LordLeto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

Someone isn't good at reading comprehension.

#5 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

Clan won day two no surprise there.

#6 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

I'm sure it's not a landslide win for Clan side.

#7 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 07 May 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

Wa?

My lil personal challenge screen says IS "defeated" for day 2.

Check the war log. IS jammed it hard in the last hour but it bounced enough for Clans to get the win.

#8 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

View PostSmokedJag, on 07 May 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

Check the war log. IS jammed it hard in the last hour but it bounced enough for Clans to get the win.

It's called "stringing them along". Posted Image

#9 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

View PostAldair, on 07 May 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

I noticed that too. It originally said "defeated" then switched over.

Not sure why.

#10 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:54 PM

Server bug.

Clan victory Day 2. Posted Image

IS maintained winning advantage from less than 15 minutes, then it went back to Clans.

Edited by Commander A9, 07 May 2017 - 08:55 PM.

#11 OrmsbyGore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

Weird, my merc unit is aligned with clan smoke jaguar, and my personal challenge screen says we were defeated days one and two. Any ideas why?

#12 Adette

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Silver Champ
  • WC 2018 Silver Champ
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:32 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 07 May 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

Server bug.

Clan victory Day 2. Posted Image

IS maintained winning advantage from less than 15 minutes, then it went back to Clans.

IS did manage to get it all the way from 100% clan to like 10% IS for a few mins.

#13 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:41 PM

Based upon the current standings, and clan rolling over IS in this event, I think clanners should stop complaining about getting nerfed.
PGI is just trying to provide a balanced battlefield against over-performing mech designs.
I for one hate to see a one-sided victory, win or loose, that's no fun, and games should be fun and competitive.

OK, I'll step off the soap box now - - - -

Peace-Out

#14 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:32 AM

View PostAldair, on 07 May 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

I can't believe Inner Sphere won day 2. Can only be op technology and mechs. Can't be anything else, don't bother me with the evidence. Blah blah blah blah, nerf IS.

No one that was complaining yesterday was complaining anymore so some one had to do it.

Stewardess, I'll have whatever the Point Commander is having.. make it a double? It will be a long week...

#15 Jaqir

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:05 AM

"Uh, guys? They're trying to fight back."

"Literally lol. Okayokay, lets do a few more drops to put them back in their place."

- Direct quotes from Clan command

#16 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:09 AM

Will win day 3 I expect. Last thing I heard PGI tried a reset yesterday night, but Clans slammed it back hard

#17 Thieu

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:01 AM

First time posting. Felt something had to be said. I recently joined CW and have been facerolled all except one time.
I am no expert, having played on an on/off basis, but am not bad, having played for a few years now.
In CW, the effectiveness of your team is multiplied, as any poor player now gives you multiple dead-weight mechs on your team. While not the end of the world, it does make your success rate depend less on your own ability, when this game is meant to be competitive.
Then there is the meta, where some mech builds are simply worthless, and not everyone wants to laser vomit all the time. Some people wanna have fun, and I respect that, but it costs you again at the end of the day.

I am not going to shed "Clan OP" tears. Clans ARE MEANT to be OP. They rolled over the IS for how long before they were stopped. IS could not stand up to Clans in a fight. End of story.
However, if you want to maintain Clan superiority as it is lore, then (at least in CW), clans should drop less mechs, as is lore. At least try dropping two stars vs three lances.

Also worth noting is that the Clans had other disadvantages which could be implemented. Most obvious is melee. Sure you have to get close, but being hit by an Atlas who decided to grab a tree frikken hurts.

As I understand it thus far, both of these are lacking due to lack of programming capability from PGI. Life happens.

In the case of the current event, this is made worse. As you can see above, people can actually manage to have a number of good drops, but the faction overall still loses. This really does not build much encouragement. Complaints everywhere can't simply be unfounded.

So.. why then have an event that has the reward requirements that this one does?
The system has obvious shortcomings. If you can't fix it, at least don't exacerbate it.
My suggestion? Change the event to have it that participants get rewards for participation instead of winning.
I.E. IS and Clanners get the same rewards for gaining 400 Match Score in a day. Whether it be the "winning" or "losing" amount, or something else entirely, doesn't bother me much, just try to make it more rewarding.

As it stands, I can't help but feel that running this event was actually a bad move.

#18 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:06 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 08 May 2017 - 04:09 AM, said:

Will win day 3 I expect. Last thing I heard PGI tried a reset yesterday night, but Clans slammed it back hard

You expected wrong. :P

#19 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:03 AM

It's the middle of the week, people have real-life stuff to do, so most of the top players are probably not playing right now.. that's why IS might be getting a chance.. but come the end hours, it will once again be crunch time, and we Clanners will make sure the IS is properly stomped and Terra is claimed for Clan Wolf. :D

Seyla

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users