I Am Officially Done With Tuk 3.

31 replies to this topic

#1 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

I could take the occasional bad mech, or the occasional bad pilot or the occasional lack of understanding of basic game mechanics.... but to have them all in every game with a thick topping of "clan mechs are OP" I just can't take any more.

If you take 4 LRM boats into an invasion game -- expect to get your arse handed to you -- its not clans being OP. If you drop in a scouting protect mission in a COM and die with 4 damage -- its not clans being OP. If you stop your AC2 King crab a the opening of the gate to line up the perfect shot and die with 12 enemy alpha you -- its not clans being OP. If you don't talk to each other, call targets and at least try to plan -- its not clans being OP.....

It's you being a horribad mechwarrior. That is the problem. Yes, you are a terrible mechwarrior! You choose crappy builds, have crappy strategy and lack a basic understanding of what to do and what to NOT do and that makes you incapable of contributing to a win in any faction game mode.

So, out of respect for my sanity and blood pressure and to avoid getting banned for the inevitable VOIP rant -- I'll see you guys may 15th.

#2 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:43 PM

My favorite screenshot so far from this event is a DDC with a gauss, 2erLL, a LRM15 and an AC2.

#3 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

My favorite screenshots are of the guys screaming out "you guys are hacking!"

You know, you could always switch sides and come to the Clans. :P We can show you how we do things...

#4 Unendingmenace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 110 posts
  • LocationDropship Dire Wolf

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:29 PM

View Post762 NATO, on 07 May 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

My favorite screenshot so far from this event is a DDC with a gauss, 2erLL, a LRM15 and an AC2.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *Falls off chair from laughter*

Edited by Unendingmenace, 07 May 2017 - 11:29 PM.

#5 Cyrion

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:37 PM

They exist on the Clan side too, unfortunately.

Saw a Mad-2C pilot on my team one match running 3ERLL and a Streak6. All in one firing group. On chain fire. He had DC'ed for the entire game right until the end when we were neck and neck with HHoD. Thought him coming back would swing it in our favor. Nope.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,069 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:34 AM

its not so bad. im getting good scores, high kill counts, a million+ cbills a drop and it only takes 3 or 4 games to qualify for dailies, sometimes less. all other personal challenge items were completed yesterday. also my last 2 bushies are getting mastered and my liao contract expires tomorrow and i can double my dailies by taking a clan contract (in theory anyway).

#7 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:39 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 07 May 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

I could take the occasional bad mech, or the occasional bad pilot or the occasional lack of understanding of basic game mechanics.... but to have them all in every game with a thick topping of "clan mechs are OP" I just can't take any more.

If you take 4 LRM boats into an invasion game -- expect to get your arse handed to you -- its not clans being OP. If you drop in a scouting protect mission in a COM and die with 4 damage -- its not clans being OP. If you stop your AC2 King crab a the opening of the gate to line up the perfect shot and die with 12 enemy alpha you -- its not clans being OP. If you don't talk to each other, call targets and at least try to plan -- its not clans being OP.....

It's you being a horribad mechwarrior. That is the problem. Yes, you are a terrible mechwarrior! You choose crappy builds, have crappy strategy and lack a basic understanding of what to do and what to NOT do and that makes you incapable of contributing to a win in any faction game mode.

So, out of respect for my sanity and blood pressure and to avoid getting banned for the inevitable VOIP rant -- I'll see you guys may 15th.

Why is this not in the general discussion. Those IS freeborn dezgra need a good red-pilling.

#8 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:47 AM

Im just waiting for next weekend when all the pugs have switched to clan.

#9 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:06 AM

Yeah, I've seen some terrybad / inexperienced pilots too..

I was watching my GF drop (She's famously stuck in a Marik contract), and these people of the IS had no idea how to play Siege.

I was looking at an organized 6-man Marik crew trying to open the gate by shooting - at the gate! Then when She opened the gate for them (being cored from LL fire for the effort), the lead group Marik guy said "we just have to get inside, then we can fight them", meaning just getting inside of the gate on Boreal, and sniping through the gate.. they didn't even try to scratch the gens..

So yeah.. people should go to the forums and read one of the many "how to play Siege / FP" topics.. (I wrote one myself)

On the other hand, some of your better factions gave us a serious run for our money, and even stomped us into the ground..

So you know.. mixed feelings.. :D

The best thing is, at least, this time around, people won't say Mercstar won the event for the Clans, cose' they are stuck in a Liao contract Posted Image

#10 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:18 AM

It was not just solo play that was pissing me off. It was grouping and having players in the group make the same mistakes that you would expect a solo player or newbie to make. Seemed like my choice was to be a "build-and-play-style-n4z1" or stop playing FW until the sanity returns. Jebus, have I turned into a 2015-16ish -MS- player?

Edited by nehebkau, 08 May 2017 - 08:19 AM.

#11 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:23 AM

Nehebkau, they probably were newbies. If there is no matchmaker, you are going to get absolute beginners (academy graduated) in FP. I bet they enjoyed the match less than you did. Also, Vellron has one thing backwards. The best thing is that people are going to say "even MS couldn't win this one for the IS."

#12 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 07 May 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

The problem is that cheap IS Mechs attract many new and casual gamers, so IS has much more inexperienced players than the Clans.

#13 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

I'm slogging through the event as a solo pugger. So far I've played around 30 matches (doing it on 2 accounts) and maybe 1/3 have been wins. On the upside I've qualified for the rewards on all but one.

#14 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

Neheb I know you are active on the FRR TS hub, you aren't seeing folks like that in hub drops are you?

Take a day away, then log back on and just try to get more groups going on Teamspeak, less likely to get pilots that are totally clueless.

Good luck,

Xann

#15 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

View PostXannatharr, on 08 May 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Neheb I know you are active on the FRR TS hub, you aren't seeing folks like that in hub drops are you?

Take a day away, then log back on and just try to get more groups going on Teamspeak, less likely to get pilots that are totally clueless.

Good luck,

Xann

Lotta newbs being thrown into the frr hub. There arent enough normal players in there mixing it up with the newer guys to offset their numbers, or enough to give a 101 to every jack and jill that walks in without a clue. I give reccomendations were i can, but most are f2p and just dont have enough variety to be fully ready to kick ***. Number of newer guys has flucuated some. I really do think most pugs are shifting to clan though.

#16 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

View Postnaterist, on 08 May 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

Lotta newbs being thrown into the frr hub. There arent enough normal players in there mixing it up with the newer guys to offset their numbers, or enough to give a 101 to every jack and jill that walks in without a clue. I give reccomendations were i can, but most are f2p and just dont have enough variety to be fully ready to kick ***. Number of newer guys has flucuated some. I really do think most pugs are shifting to clan though.

Sorry to hear that, I spent a lot of time on that hub before going back to -T-.

Storm Troopers!!

Xann

#17 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:02 PM

The pugstorm that is Tuk 3 is not just happening on the IS side... I can't seem to drop in a match w/o about half the team being full LRM boats or not knowing how to push or where to defend. It also seems a great many of them either don't have sound/VOIP activated or cannot understand english. Third option there is they hear and understand fine but are just a$$hats that refuse to listen and/or work as a team. Worse only 2 of my unit mates are even playing so its not like I have a premade to join. I'm doing 1400ish average with multiple kills in direct fire mechs but cannot seem to carry hard enough. If it wasn't for the strength of our premades we'd be getting stomped horribly cause from what I've seen the randoms matches aren't going so well. =(

Edited by DANKnuggz, 08 May 2017 - 02:03 PM.

#18 Hayato Mori

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:21 AM

Why not just relax and let people farm rewards? The basic design of FW sucks horribly for IS unless you really enjoy running identical builds over and over again. PGI buffed the hell out of the IS LPL and ERLL while leaving lore values for everything else alone and woah, big surprise, success largely depends on how tenaciously you cling to the bandwagon. After that the IS only shines in a coordinated mid/close range push, which is pretty much not happening when your team represents a broad panorama of the player population(much less processor power and native language).

So who cares, its like 2 games a day to get the free MC and then back to QP... or make yourself a clan account. I've lost once in the last 3 days while running 3/4 trials on mine. Effortless wins and as a bonus you will get double the MC just because you picked a different icon in the faction window.

I'm not looking for balance, the "balance" in this game is lazy and poorly implemented, which is why it only works a tiny minority of the time. Increase the sample size like this event has and the pendulum swings towards the side which is the easiest to play for average and below average players.

Anyhow, at the end of the week that 250 MC more a clan player will get is only worth $2.00.

#19 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:42 AM

I've been getting plenty of players all clustering around a single bit of cover, players standing right behind you (and firing lrms), players rushing in front of you for the glory kill, etc.

#20 daPaule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:45 AM

Gauss + AC2 was a thing shortly after closed beta.. so maybe someone retried MWO and realised it's still not his game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users