Skill Tree Question

5 replies to this topic

#1 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

I remember reading somewhere that when the skill tree goes live, any mech with the master slot unlocked will translate into a fully mastered mech under the new system. Is this accurate or just hearsay as I haven't been able to find the posting since?

-k

#2 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:47 AM

As of the last version of the Public Test, yes... that is how it would work.

Of important note, too... if you have a Mech that is only partially though Mastery, even if you are sitting at 21499 XP out of 21500... you will not get that block of XP in the conversion as skill points. Only skill points purchased and unlocked are honoured.

#3 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:53 AM

Ok I can live with this then as all of my favorite mechs will be mastered. There will be some that need work but that's ok. So what you're saying is that if a mech is "elited" but not mastered, you still get legacy XP freely allottable to the mech that you've earned and unlocked, just not all of it? So in other words, I should spend all of my GXP before the skill tree because it is usable without a cbill penalty?

-k

Edited by Kdogg788, 08 May 2017 - 08:54 AM.

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

View PostKdogg788, on 08 May 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

Ok I can live with this then as all of my favorite mechs will be mastered. There will be some that need work but that's ok. So what you're saying is that if a mech is "elited" but not mastered, you still get legacy XP freely allottable to the mech that you've earned and unlocked, just not all of it? So in other words, I should spend all of my GXP before the skill tree because it is usable without a cbill penalty?

-k

If a mech is elited you will get nodes but 30(ish) less "upgrade points" . You will get the extra xp left over .

you will need to earn more xp use gxp to upgrade it fully. The only down side now is there is a cbill cost for each upgrade. 40k as i remember.

If you had any modules bought before the start of the year they will be converted as upgrade credits(others as cbills) This might cover everything you need anyway. I personally have 150 mechs worth of upgrades form modules.

As for spending gxp... Might be a good idea as it will save cbills but you can still use gxp on new mechs you buy. So up to you. Don't forget you will get extra gxp refunded from the module tree upgrades you have done. (cool down level1,level2 ,radar derp ,so on)_

Edited by Monkey Lover, 08 May 2017 - 09:05 AM.

#5 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:04 AM

There is a conversion chart in the PTS notes under "Mech Mastery Breakdown."

If you've elited out a mech, you get a certain amount of "historical SP" on the mech which can be used to unlock slots for free. For fully elite mechs you get around 57 or so free SP, so your only about 30 nodes away from full mastery. Any XP that isn't assigned to skills is left in place as "historic xp" for the mech chassis that can be converted over and used to purchase further skill nodes like standard XP.

#6 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

I am good with all this then. Thank you for the breakdown guys and the link to that page.

-k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users