Is Players Boycott Fw Event!

Balance

154 replies to this topic

#1 Drebin Cormack

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:23 PM

Title says it all. This is a call for all IS players to boycott the Tukayyid event. Send pgi a message.

#2 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

im boycoting the big units. i scout during primetime and fw after they go to bed.

but i support your sentiments entirely.

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,925 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

No.

This event is the best thing that's happened to CW since, well, the last Tukayyid event.

BTW...What exactly is the message you are trying to send? That we don't like participation rewards? I mean, PGI can read, they can see the population numbers and participation data, etc. So they undoubtedly know that the vast majority of the community (IS or Clan) dislikes CW. So what is the message thet your boycot would be attempting to send and/or address?

#4 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

View PostDrebin Cormack, on 08 May 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

Title says it all. This is a call for all IS players to boycott the Tukayyid event. Send pgi a message.

Go ahead and boycott yourself from 30,000 GXP, 24.5M C-bills, 925MC, 7 days premium time, 44 cache keys, and 2 mech bays.

#5 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

I'm having fun and winning most of my matches, both in groups and solo pugging.

I ain't boycotting sheet.

..at least until the Skill Maze comes to grind quirked IS mechs into the dust.

#6 Drebin Cormack

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

I'm boycotting the system balance, I'm boycotting getting slaughtered every pug FW match and receiving little to no rewards for my time.

Everyone knows that the Clan takes home the cash during these events. With the system as unbalanced as it is, it should be the LOSERS that are paid enough to compensate them for their time. IS players receive little to no rewards for the actual matches that they play.

If you doubt me as a player, look up my stats. I'm not the best player, but I'm not the worst either. I'd say I'm slightly above average.

#7 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

View PostDrebin Cormack, on 08 May 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

I'm boycotting the system balance, I'm boycotting getting slaughtered every pug FW match and receiving little to no rewards for my time.

Everyone knows that the Clan takes home the cash during these events. With the system as unbalanced as it is, it should be the LOSERS that are paid enough to compensate them for their time. IS players receive little to no rewards for the actual matches that they play.

If you doubt me as a player, look up my stats. I'm not the best player, but I'm not the worst either. I'd say I'm slightly above average.

I already listed the compensation you're boycotting regardless of win/loss (apart from Scouting, you need to win 8 scouting) I don't doubt you as a player, but you'll get way better results if you just hop into one of the Teamspeaks that allow anyone to form up groups, no unit required (FRR hub or star league hub, whatever Dane calls it nowadays is a good start)

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 08 May 2017 - 04:39 PM.

#8 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,925 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Peruse the forms for that last several years.
If they don't know that balance is f**ked by this point, I am sorry to say that yours or anyone else's boycott of an event isn't going to suddenly convince them.

#9 Drebin Cormack

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 08 May 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

I already listed the compensation you're boycotting regardless of win/loss (apart from Scouting, you need to win 8 scouting)

And it takes the average IS player how many more matches to achieve the same rewards as the clan player? I'd like to see some actual stats on that before I change my position.

View PostBud Crue, on 08 May 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Peruse the forms for that last several years.
If they don't know that balance is f**ked by this point, I am sorry to say that yours or anyone else's boycott of an event isn't going to suddenly convince them.

It will if their entire event fails because there's no IS players for the clanners to fight, now won't it? We just might see some changes before this little event ends.

#10 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:42 PM

View PostDrebin Cormack, on 08 May 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

And it takes the average IS player how many more matches to achieve the same rewards as the clan player? I'd like to see some actual stats on that before I change my position.

I'm guessing if you can still do 1-1.2K damage per match regardless of win or loss, you can get 200 match score. At the most extreme (6600 match score requirement), it would take you 33 games over the whole of the event to accomplish. In those 33 games, you should qualify for everything else. Since you say you're a slightly above average player, the 1k-1.2k damage should be attainable per match.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 08 May 2017 - 04:43 PM.

#11 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:43 PM

lol

Yeah! Screw you, PGI! You can keep all these awesome, easy to achieve rewards!!

I'd still be playing as the Inner Sphere, even if my win rate was 10%. What... you're telling everyone you're incapable of putting up a half decent match score, even in a loss?

Edited by StaggerCheck, 08 May 2017 - 04:45 PM.

#12 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,925 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

View PostDrebin Cormack, on 08 May 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

It will if their entire event fails because there's no IS players for the clanners to fight, now won't it? We just might see some changes before this little event ends.

As to the first question: I am a terribad, I did it in 32 matches of FP and Scouting, though I am 1 shy of the final FP reward and of course the event's daily reward will continue even though I finished everything else.

As to the second question: No. Folks will be able to switch soon, and if wait times are bad, better players will just switch.
Sorry, but a boycot won't help PGI realize that they still don't understand their game.

#13 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:47 PM

Hmm...

Get 700 MC and 40 keys or boycott?

Pretty sure we're all going after those rewards, but as soon as I finish I'm not touching FW till the next event.

#14 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

Nah.

Seriously, just play Scouting if you really hate losing. The IS has a much higher success rate there.

I think I lost 2 out of the 8 scouting drops I've done so far, and one was because of a DC on our side.

#15 Drebin Cormack

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 08 May 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

lol

Yeah! Screw you, PGI! You can keep all these awesome, easy to achieve rewards!!

I'd still be playing as the Inner Sphere, even if my win rate was 10%. What... you're telling everyone you're incapable of putting up a half decent match score, even in a loss?

So why are you playing for the clan right now, Jade Falcon? Why not play for the IS?

#16 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostDrebin Cormack, on 08 May 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

sure it takes them more, because thee is so much more "bad" in the IS, stupid nonsense builds are your disadvantage already when pressing the start button for the match. I stoppd trying to play that with my IS accoutn because when you really pug you see the IS pilots more standing round comlaining in chat than actually focussing on the match. And this is an observation many have not just a few people. This war isn't won by units, it's lost by pugs. People unwilling to make proper mechs to form teams and go under the lead of others. You know beeign average IS player is a choice as there is no such a thing between average IS vs average clan. There is at best the pilot beeing average,.But the most simple thing to stop beeign average is to look what teammates that are succesfull do and copy it. But this si already outside of many peoples capabilities. (mostly because they are too stubborn and don't want to do that)

View PostDrebin Cormack, on 08 May 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

So why are you playing for the clan right now, Jade Falcon? Why not play for the IS?

because contracts are contracts and you cannot instantly switch factions.

Edited by Lily from animove, 08 May 2017 - 04:53 PM.

#17 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

As average player who previously has usually been on the losing side on FP, now I lose maybe 3 out of 10 matches. The clans clearly have an advantage to most people.

Winning a lot is fun. Losing a lot is not.

#18 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:27 PM

So basically, people who didn't even qualify to go to the olympics should get gold medals and endorsements, people who outperform should get nothing?

Top in the league gets to go home and cry, last place team gets trophy and prize money?

Fastest horse gets crap, slowest nag gets the triple crown?

#19 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

View PostJingseng, on 08 May 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

So basically, people who didn't even qualify to go to the olympics should get gold medals and endorsements, people who outperform should get nothing?

Top in the league gets to go home and cry, last place team gets trophy and prize money?

Fastest horse gets crap, slowest nag gets the triple crown?

The Olympics are conducted on the basis that everyone gets a fair shot. Level playing field and all that.

IS vs Clan balance is anything but a level playing field.

Also, even the Olympics isn't terribly fair in some respects, as richer countries can afford to give their athletes better training and facilities. Or get away with doping.

#20 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

The olympics is anything BUT a fair shot. Seriously.

Who do you thinks has more money to pour into prestige athletics (via coaching, support, training, equipment, infrastructure, etc.)...

America? Or The Gambia?

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users