#122 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:56 AM

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 09 May 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

When you throw 12 clan pugs v 12 IS pugs together, odds are that the clan pugs will have a better set of drop decks. It's harder for a potato to mess up a clan drop deck. Unit v unit it's more balanced but clans probably still edge it a little.

Yes, because Clan potatoes know how to use 12xERML Novas. Posted Image

View PostTWIAFU, on 09 May 2017 - 03:30 AM, said:

What IS forgets, let's slip by, not yet noticed, or have not looked at it from another angle....

IS is not fighting Clan mechs. IS is fighting Clan weapons. Sounds odd, sure. But if IS pilots look at it differently, they may be able to make a 'breakthrough'.

IS is only fighting against a handful of weapons; ERPPC, Gauss, ERLL, and LRMs. Learn and adapt to beat those weapons and NOT play into their strengths and you will win. This works best in a group, of course, and with those that are willing to listen.

Take note of what you see in combat and what is used. Notice the patterns, they are glaringly obvious. Use those patterns to YOUR advantage. Turn that 'strength' against them and turn it into a weakness.

Turn that reliance against them.

Nah! Whining on the forums takes much much less effort.

#123 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

View PostOberost, on 09 May 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

And after 3 years we're still playing the "skill" card...

Posted Image

Smoke Jaguar is not a part of Oberost's reality.

#124 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:01 AM

View PostHGAK47, on 09 May 2017 - 03:56 AM, said:

Wasnt enough to even make me make a drop deck. I was tempted to try out FP but the combination of needing more modules like radar derp for my mechs, the total bittnerness on the forums and not having a clue made me just decide to stay in QP.

Im here to have fun and that doesnt sound like fun from what I have heard.

I suggest trying it out for yourself.

I only drop solo and I am having fun. I just don't expect to obliterate IS 12-mans but celebrate when I do. Posted Image

Boredom is my problem with CW. After a while I notice the lack of variety (among other things) and refrain from it for long periods.

Edited by Mystere, 09 May 2017 - 08:02 AM.

#125 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

IS PLAYERS BOYCOTT FW EVENT!

You mean BAD IS players sulk not this.

#126 Valhallan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

View PostMystere, on 09 May 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

This tells me we should start having Clan Binary vs. IS Company fights, along with other lore-friendly matchups. Posted Image

Wut, binary vs company ain't lorefriendly. That is only Lore-equivalent, Lore friendly is star vs company Posted Image. With that kind of match-up i totes wouldnt mind losing quarks and letting clantech get unnerfed as long as melee is stuffed in, but clanners would just feel like paul when he got <3 by the goons Posted Image.

Edited by Valhallan, 09 May 2017 - 09:52 AM.

#127 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

View PostValhallan, on 09 May 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Wut, binary vs company ain't lorefriendly. That is only Lore-equivalent, Lore friendly is star vs company Posted Image. With that kind of match-up i totes wouldnt mind losing quarks and letting clantech get unnerfed as long as melee is stuffed in, but clanners would just feel like paul when he got <3 by the goons Posted Image.

Star vs company would have to require total un-nerfing of clan tech, full 15 damage CERPPC....and the IS company has to basically use stock loadouts to fight highly customized Clan mechs...which would suck. No one apart from masochists would play IS.

#128 Valhallan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 09 May 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

Star vs company would have to require total un-nerfing of clan tech, full 15 damage CERPPC....and the IS company has to basically use stock loadouts to fight highly customized Clan mechs...which would suck. No one apart from masochists would play IS.

And as i said unnerfing is fine (even dequarking) as long as melee is stuffed in (which is where IS was better for what that was worth). But stock? there is 0 reason for that. Omnimechs have their flexibility already. Forcing it would have to go both ways. Though i'd be ok with nerfing all hardpoint numbers to base numbers to make the omnimechs "relatively" better (your kdks and the 2c line will get whacked too though Posted Image). And as for masochists playing IS..... how is that any different from now? Posted Image

Edited by Valhallan, 09 May 2017 - 12:15 PM.

#129 Nickredace

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 39 posts
  • LocationIn my Direwolf...

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

Okay cry babies, lets get everything straight, PUGs cause the losses not OP Clan. Wanna know how I know this... because I've been wrecked by a full 12man and I was in the pug group. No competition just laid waste to us every wave, that killed all of us and we only killed 24 of them. We had 2 perma dead by the second wave.

#130 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 697 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

Most IS pilots already have they either left when they made everything Clan vs IS or they went clan merc for easymode.
Why do you think the factions are so unbalanced?

#131 Nickredace

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 39 posts
  • LocationIn my Direwolf...

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

They have more tonnage... how are we still OP

#132 grantini

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

View PostDrebin Cormack, on 08 May 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

Title says it all. This is a call for all IS players to boycott the Tukayyid event. Send pgi a message.

I am happily playing the event. Sending PGI 2 messages:

1. I appreciate them trying to get people like me to try new parts of the game
2. Thanks for the bonuses for playing

#133 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:47 PM

Incidentally, if anyone happens to see the boycotters in FP, would love to hear about it. I love it when people call for things like this but don't have the discipline or determination to follow through on their own beliefs.

#134 Alexander of Macedon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:00 PM

Full disclosure though, there is an asymmetric balance in FP when both sides are pugs. Just dropcalled a match that made me remember.

IS groups generally have enough armor and structure (on most maps) to just blindly rush the most protected route to Omega, burn the O-gens in the first/second wave, and burn Omega in the second/third wave, because although clam 'mechs are almost without exception more powerful than their IS equivalents, they can't (when relatively unorganized) kill IS 'mechs faster than IS 'mechs can kill structures.

Sure is fun when the game is "balanced" to favor half the players in any given match being most likely to win when they metaphorically refuse to play (as opposed to OP's literal refusal to play).

#135 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

I dont even care about the event, it's just for FW which is boring..

QP all day baby!

#136 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

I already have chosen not to play. The FW is such a poor game mode they can't even bribe me with freebies to play it.

#137 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

lol @ Boycott. What a potato thread.

View PostAnTi90d, on 08 May 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

..at least until the Skill Maze comes to grind quirked IS mechs into the dust.

Indeed, I suspect I'll be taking a break. Also coincides with end of MRBC season thankfully.

Give S/T will be nothing more than shambles for 3-6 months balance wise (then throw in new tech), there ain't going to be a point putting too much time into it as it'll be so far off. Especially for IS. So FP will be dead as everyone will stack Clan side for FP after S/T given the disparity that is about to exist.

DOW 3 - Here I come!

View Postnaterist, on 08 May 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

im boycoting better teams

Fixed.

#138 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:38 PM

This topic is still going on and has not wrnt to K-Town? Interesting days we are living in

#139 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:01 PM

View PostValhallan, on 09 May 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

not enough I think for each star you would need 3 companies or something like that If the clan follows clan combat rules a clin binary would be 10 mechs and a trinary 15 mechs With the IS 1 lance is 4 mechs and a company 12 mechs. The general rule is numbers instead of range.

#140 Valhallan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:10 PM

View PostChound, on 09 May 2017 - 11:01 PM, said:

not enough I think for each star you would need 3 companies or something like that If the clan follows clan combat rules a clin binary would be 10 mechs and a trinary 15 mechs With the IS 1 lance is 4 mechs and a company 12 mechs. The general rule is numbers instead of range.

Posted Image , a star is 5 mechs, 3 companies is WAAAAAY overkill

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users