Mercenary Unit Restrictions

2 replies to this topic

#1 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

I suggest making a bigger distinction between what Loyal Units can do and what Mercenary units can do.

Example :
- Loyalist Units can create groups of up to 12 players (3 lances).
- Mercenary Units can only create groups of up to 4 players (1 lance).

The general idea is to give Mercenary Units less of a dominant role then the one they enjoy now.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:25 AM

So you want to limit people, who don't have any assosiation with any of the factions, because you would like to have your side to be favored?

Have you thought about people that have never read any of the lore like new players most likely.
How about units like mine where we favor different factions. I would go with Marik, some with Steiner and we all like to play Clan once in a while. So we stay Merc and switch between them so everyone get his will at some point.
What about those who are Mercs at heart? Just careing about the money.

So you want to punish those people for what?

#3 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:51 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 09 May 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

I suggest making a bigger distinction between what Loyal Units can do and what Mercenary units can do.

Agree.
Solution: Vastly increase the rewards for loyalists, and reduce the penalty for leaving a faction (breaking loyalty).

View PostHumble Dexter, on 09 May 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

Example :
- Loyalist Units can create groups of up to 12 players (3 lances).
- Mercenary Units can only create groups of up to 4 players (1 lance).

The general idea is to give Mercenary Units less of a dominant role then the one they enjoy now.

This does nothing to improve the game for loyalists; It only ruins the game for mercs.
Herding players by penalty or restriction is not a very good gameplay or business model.
Limiting mercs is a bad idea and you should probably think of a better solution, like the one I gave above.

Edited by Generic Internetter, 10 May 2017 - 09:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users