Quickplay Matchmaking Fail Revisited.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Sibberus

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

The matchmaking PGI has for quick play is flawed. Everyone has complained about it. I have a solution maybe mentioned in a thread before many times, I am not sure. Put Tier one's with one's, two's with two's, you get the picture. If the community population is that small I understand why it is the way it is. I have put money into this game; so I think I have the right to complain.

Cheers, Sibb

#2 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

The way the tiers are calculated is broken. Your solution won't lead to better games, as there are many bads who are tier ones, along with maybe a few goods.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 09 May 2017 - 05:54 PM.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

I have another solution. Since PSR has upwards bias it should mean there are proportionately a lot of T1s in this game. Therefore make T1s only play with T1s. The rest of the tiers can have the +2/-2 MM.

I mean, ideally PSR shouldn't have upwards bias in the first place, but PGI wants it so....

Edited by El Bandito, 09 May 2017 - 05:56 PM.

#4 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

View PostSibberus, on 09 May 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

The matchmaking PGI has for quick play is flawed. Everyone has complained about it. I have a solution maybe mentioned in a thread before many times, I am not sure. Put Tier one's with one's, two's with two's, you get the picture. If the community population is that small I understand why it is the way it is. I have put money into this game; so I think I have the right to complain.

Cheers, Sibb

FYI - That's actually what the match maker tries to do already.

But not all players of a given tier are equal because PSR is an experience system, not a relative skill system, and the player population and mech choices mean that matches made up of only a single tier would take forever to form. Most people don't want to wait 10-20 minutes for a match that only lasts 7 or less.

Edited by EgoSlayer, 09 May 2017 - 06:15 PM.

#5 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,015 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:01 PM

I am not sure the PSR is based mostly on experience
I have over 15000 drops and I am T2

Also its obvious (based on the people we play) they have adjusted/modified there system

#6 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:00 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 09 May 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

Also its obvious (based on the people we play) they have adjusted/modified there system

Just because there is a PSR penalty for losing - aka an XP death penalty in an RPG XP system, doesn't mean it isn't an XP system.

#7 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 09 May 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

I have about 3k drops and I'm 90% out of T2..but all my stats have climbed every season, all but my w/l record this season. I still don't get how it works though, tons of people are online enough to break the servers...so how is it that tier 5 gets mixed in with t2 and 1? It is super obvious when it happens too...instant ants all over the field.

You'd think there would be enough overflow from the event unless t1-3 are very very wrapped up in the event to not pug. Alternatively, T1-2 players are more rare than is perceived...for which I think is the answer. I think people give up or don't play enough to make rank.

Took me about 4 months to go from bottom t5(like bottom bottom, like secret tier 6, bottom) to tier 1. I'll get there this month...marking 4 months of play.

EDIT: Well third thought is the matchmaker specifically hates me, no one else, just me.

Edited by Humpday, 09 May 2017 - 08:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users