23 replies to this topic

#1 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:34 PM

I'd like to buy one of the two Clan Heroes and I'd like to hear your opinion on which one is better in terms of ominpods.
I already have three Timberwolves (Prime, C and S variants) and I bought one Direwolf in a recent sale (the S variant). I'll buy another Dire variant (W probabily) by the end of the Tuk event, so the UV could be the third variant in order to master the mech. On the other hand, the Warrant could be useful in my current FW dropdeck with the +30% C-Bills bonus.

Edited by invernomuto, 09 May 2017 - 11:36 PM.

#2 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:40 PM

Buy what you play the most. That said Dire Wolfs are just face tanking assaults after unnecessary nerfs. You would be better off with the Timber.

Edited by Imperius, 09 May 2017 - 11:45 PM.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

Warrant for general situation. UV for specialized fun.

#4 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:28 AM

Direwolf has so much firepower, unfortunately it's slow and clumsy nature for an assault means it requires a lot of skill and then a little bit of luck to work.

Tibbers on the other hand, 81 - 87 kph on a 75-t worth armor, with enough pod-space, yeah that's a better choice that would work with most situations.

I wish someone would gift me a Warrant. :P

#5 Nicodemus Rosse

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:39 AM

The Warrant's a perfectly serviceable TBR. As for the Ultraviolet...how much do you like dakka whales?

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,100 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:38 AM

dont get the uv unless you want a dedicated uac2/cac2/lb2 spam platform. used any other way the existing cbill varients are good enough to get you any other kind of build you want.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 May 2017 - 01:39 AM.

#7 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:07 AM

Ok, you sold me the Warrant Posted Image. Now if you want to suggest some nice build for it I appreciate that.
Right now I am using a LPL vomit for FP for both Hellbringers and my TBR.

Edited by invernomuto, 10 May 2017 - 02:09 AM.

#8 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:27 AM

Splat with 4ASRM6/SPLs or 4SRM6/UAC20, Twin Peeps with Goose meta build, Goose with ERMLs, take your pick.

#9 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:55 AM

View PostCed Riggs, on 10 May 2017 - 02:27 AM, said:

Splat with 4ASRM6/SPLs or 4SRM6/UAC20, Twin Peeps with Goose meta build, Goose with ERMLs, take your pick.

I have a few build ideas too. :P

WARRANT Dakka Vomit - 4x ERML + UAC5 [300], 18 DHS
WARRANT Dakka Brawler - 2x UAC5 [240] + 3x SRM4 [300] + 4x ERSL
WARRANT WTF - 4x SRM6 [400] + 4x MG [2000] + ERPPC, TC1, 20 DHS

#10 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:10 AM

Warrant. You can squeeze it into a faction drop deck and not get left behind.

#11 cakasaur

• Pip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:14 AM

Keep in mind that the Warrant doesn't have any exceptionally cool unique omnipods ( 1b L arm, 1m,1e RT) whereas the ULTRAVIOLENT has the 2b L and R arms.
I have a Warrant, and all i can say is that it is a slightly weaker Timberwolf (Useless CT) with the only main benefit of it being the 30% cbill boost and the paint job.
Being on the receiving end of a ULTRAVIOLENT several times though with its insane 8 Uac2 Dakka on the other hand makes me love it for its uniqueness and its effectiveness.

#12 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:21 AM

View Postcakasaur, on 10 May 2017 - 03:14 AM, said:

Keep in mind that the Warrant doesn't have any exceptionally cool unique omnipods ( 1b L arm, 1m,1e RT) whereas the ULTRAVIOLENT has the 2b L and R arms.
I have a Warrant, and all i can say is that it is a slightly weaker Timberwolf (Useless CT) with the only main benefit of it being the 30% cbill boost and the paint job.
Being on the receiving end of a ULTRAVIOLENT several times though with its insane 8 Uac2 Dakka on the other hand makes me love it for its uniqueness and its effectiveness.

Warrant's 1E RT is very useful, as it does not require fixed 2xJJ tax of Timbie-S. It is the omnipod, rather than the mech, that is attractive.

#13 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:12 AM

Warrant

#14 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

The Ultraviolet, as said before, only grants you the unique ability to mount up to 8 ballistic weapons when constructed with the correct [C-Bill] Omnipods. Basically the UV gives you access to arms that can mount 2 ballistics each, and existing Omnipods let you mount 2 ballistics each in ST compartments.

So, the UV is good for building loadouts with 7 or 8 Class-2 autocannons. That's the pony's trick. I like it because I enjoy dropping with 7 class-2 Autocannons, a CAP, a TC, and choice of 14-16 tons ammo (depending on the size of the targeting computer). I used to use 8 cannons but kept running out of ammo, so I dropped one gun and picked up extra bullets.

With 7 Clan AC/2 (I use those because UAC/2 did not get the heat reduction that CAC/2 did) you can fire 14 point volleys that deal full damage at 900m faster than once per second, and at 1250m you're still dealing about 10 dmg per volley. With 2000m/s projectiles (faster with the TC) it's like having a rapid-fire, ultracool rotary Extra-ERPPC gun.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 10 May 2017 - 09:20 AM.

#15 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:21 AM

Ultraviolet is a DWF so you're stuck with it's drawbacks - but it also has 2x arms that are totally unique to the chassis (2x Ballistic in each arm).

Warrant builds can be built on any other existing TBR, the only difference is that the Ballistic arm would be on the right instead of the left.

Technically you could put 2x Ballistic Arms on the Warrant - but it's not really anything good or useful to do.

Unless you REALLY love Dire Wolves, I would say buy some CBill TBRs and don't spend a dime on Hero mechs with low value.

Edited by Ultimax, 10 May 2017 - 09:23 AM.

#16 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:21 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 10 May 2017 - 02:55 AM, said:

... let's not take these into account, though. UAC5s are laughable and anything below twin UAC10s (which the Timmy can run, too) is not worth the effort. And I don't even want to talk about that last link you posted, I am still having the shakes.

#17 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,792 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:41 AM

I'd say Ultraviolet simply because it offers more uniqueness (both sides and arms are pretty unique) than the Warrant (which only offers the unique LA allowing you to do an opposite sided ERPPC/Gauss).

#18 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:46 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 10 May 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

So, the UV is good for building loadouts with 7 or 8 Class-2 autocannons.

Also for builds using 6x Ballistics that want to strip one arm for extra tonnage.

So 6x UAC 5s with ample ammo (10 tons minumum) and even a ton left over for a TC with no equipment in the stripped arm.

Edited by Ultimax, 10 May 2017 - 09:46 AM.

#19 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,792 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

View PostUltimax, on 10 May 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Also for builds using 6x Ballistics that want to strip one arm for extra tonnage.

So 6x UAC 5s with ample ammo (10 tons minumum) and even a ton left over for a TC with no equipment in the stripped arm.

It also has the only side torso energy without the silly jump jet added. If only it had 1B/1E side torsos instead, that would make things really interesting for that mech, I'd probably take it over the 2 Gauss/2 ERPPC Marauder IIC at that point.

#20 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:35 AM

I play my DW's often and yes I have the UV version as well. All are mastered and currently my UV has all the quirks or nerfs...whatever you want to call it.

As it has already been mentioned, they are butt ugly snail slow. My UV has 2 UAC 10's and 2 L ER Beamers. You will note, many will chime in with their preferred builds and may even pan mine. I don care as I enjoy my build as it is. I have tried many build configurations and this one I enjoy the most in my combat style. I will note here, the worst problem is you get NO AMS, NO ECM at all. And NEVER fight against a light as they will hand you your shiny metal behind....but you knew that! Posted Image Secondly, them UAC 10's....and it's jamming..I seriously think it's a stupid idea making them jam as often as it does to the point it's almost useless. Yeah I know so WHY do I keep them? Because sometimes I like the challenge of improving my use in them, hoping PGI will reduce the jam issue (C'mon PGI, REALLY...if you want REAL immersion, then get real with the use of these as any real mech pilot would not trust their lives on a high jam combat weapon.)

To me, this is a good mech for group firepower and armor support. just make sure you use the quirks to your fighting style and it will be a decent mech. Good luck! Posted Image

Edited by Christophe Ivanov, 10 May 2017 - 10:48 AM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users