23 replies to this topic

#21 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

which camo looks best, in your opinion ?

#22 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:53 AM

Cammo for the DW's well that depends on the map used. Having said that, and since you cannot change your cammo after the map is selected, the choice should be what you really like to see your mech in.

The colors I have let me make any from Ice cold snowy maps to Desert areas and all in between. It would be NICE if we could save several cammo files which we can select after we see which map we are going to match in.

#23 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:13 AM

As I mentioned in a different thread, I own the Warrant and I tested on the very last PTS that we were given with the revised skill tree (not a lot changed) and engine decoupling. The 8/8 turn bonus on the Warrant is hugely noticeable. If you go straight down the Mobility tree for 24 points to get max Speed Tweak, you will not be sad at all with your mobility and performance.

With the base 8/8 you can make a pretty great brawling build of LBX 20, A+SRM 6 x2 and some small lasers, or you can go the meta route with PPC x2 + Gauss on the left arm (actually better in most cases having it on the left arm) and not skip a beat.
All of that said, I firmly believe that the Ultraviolet is the top mech at the moment for delivering an absurd amount of direct fire damage at a target. There are drawbacks that it suffers with, but standing in front of one of these things will get you killed so fast that it's unreal.

#24 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,100 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

View PostXetelian, on 10 May 2017 - 03:10 AM, said:

Warrant. You can squeeze it into a faction drop deck and not get left behind.

i aint got no problem with dires in fp. you just have to use them smart. if people drop their slowest mechs first, then theres no problem. if you need to drop it any other wave (say your drop caller wanted a light rush first), use it on a wave where you have died early, this gives you time to re-position for the next wave. just be sure to check with the drop caller in case he plans to change up the tactics in the next wave, simply ask for a rally point. saving it for last is the worst thing you can do, especially time is short, with 3 minutes on the clock you wont even get through the gate in time to reach the objectives. just dont do it. try to use it as soon as possible.

when you are playing it be sure to keep on task when it comes to movements. dont stop and fight before your push ends, and if you must fight do so on the move. try to avoid running into other players, as they will kill your momentum. other players should do the same and give their assaults plenty of room, it only slows them down when you bump into them, which in turn slows the push which in turn results in a bad push. once you have reached the end of the push, find a good fighting position (back to a wall preferably and facing a choke) and begin shooting stuff.

specifically with the uv in the octo-2 configuration you have range and speed really doesnt matter, you can suppress distant targets while the other mechs push close in stuff. not an excuse to hide in the rear and camp. you should always be moving forward with your team at your best speed. if you run out of ammo before you run out of armor, you arent keeping up good enough.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 May 2017 - 01:48 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users