Someone Should Make A Eve Style Screenplay Of Mrbc History

4 replies to this topic

#1 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:22 AM

I was just going over the League Table for Season 9. It's been a while since I looked up since my team is currently working in the lower Divs.

Well, that and I am not a heavy participant of Reddit, so I am not really up with the current even in terms of top tier teams. Needless to say, was shocked to see so much shuffles.

From the bits that I remembered, some scandals, and maybe some change of hearts...

Div A despite including some familiar players, are quite tumultuous at the top. You look from season 1 through 8, there's a sense of consistency and you expect the good teams will always be there carrying their banner.

(For reference, look at EU, talk about remarkable consistency)

But NA A is just... like... WTF happened?

And it got me thinking, this is like too good of a drama. Imagine we put everyone involved as a character piece and chronicle them as fictional characters inspired by true events. Kinda like what they were thinking of doing with EVE Online and their potential TV deal.

Imagine how epic this would be...

LORD and their tragic fall from grace.

EMP the missing king...

Post MWOWC period that caused the balance of power to shatter, galaxy once again is torn by thousands of war...

Elite pilots that change allegiance, form new houses...

Behind the back scheming...

Turmoil and backstabbing...

OMG, it's going to be freaking epic. Someone need to get on this. The "Real" Battletech. The "Real" Mechwarriors.

(Honestly, I think the storylines that's already brewing in Real Life is SO MUCH better than the crap lore right now. It's much more intriguing and rich with real personal stories than some BS Luke Skywalker type Davion German white kid that is trying to save the galaxy from Techno 80s cliche villains)

(Episode 25: The Comedian. The Episode that made a thousand people cry with the death of theb33f...)

Addendum: More thoughts, cause this is just way too rich. We can do a Game of Throne style where we can focus multiple viewpoints from various major players at the same time. I would love to see LORD's story. Colorful pilots that became the lost samurai-type warriors of the galaxy...)

Edited by razenWing, 10 May 2017 - 09:31 AM.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:39 AM

While I have only a little idea of what you are talking about...I know how EVE turned its "player Story" into newscast events I don't quite get what league you are talking about.
Still if its similar to EVE, yes definitly create some newscasts about that. Would get the game some of the Advertisment that it needs.

Beside that, why the heck hasn't PGI integrated the league, if its that successfull, into the game. Giveing the people tools to make it work better/more comfortable.
Its would create free advertisment or give them a better idea on what people realy want.

Oh and you might want to make that suggestion maybe in the "features" forum too.

Edited by Nesutizale, 10 May 2017 - 09:40 AM.

#3 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:58 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 10 May 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

While I have only a little idea of what you are talking about...I know how EVE turned its "player Story" into newscast events I don't quite get what league you are talking about.
Still if its similar to EVE, yes definitly create some newscasts about that. Would get the game some of the Advertisment that it needs.

Beside that, why the heck hasn't PGI integrated the league, if its that successfull, into the game. Giveing the people tools to make it work better/more comfortable.
Its would create free advertisment or give them a better idea on what people realy want.

Oh and you might want to make that suggestion maybe in the "features" forum too.

So some backgrounds...

Yes, MRBC is supported by PGI. Winners get prizes donated by PGI. It's an unofficial tournament organized by players that grew semi-official. It's now season 9. I came into the game during Season 7, so I am not 100% knowledgeable about the subject either. But none the less, the history is really rich and long.

Just Google MRBC if you want to know more about it. The players and units that you associate with elite players pretty much all participate. Also, this is not suggesting feature. I am saying if one day, one person retcon the entire history of the league and make it into the official lore instead of this cartoon that we have now. How great would that be?

(and I understand that since you are not familiar with the league, you might not get the greatness... but someone will... hopefully)

#4 Lore More

• Pip
  • The Messenger
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

Ah the comp scene, would have been great if people documented it all. Lords the original {Richard Cameron} and how they split into emp with other comp units that broke. Csjx and their shenanigans with the greatest being the bostaff master. 228 and Sjr with the mod pudding hax. The huge mechwarrior championship burnout and the effect it had on teams like Sjr, emp, and Lords.

#5 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:19 PM

We should get started, any insiders want to share their knowledge?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users