#81 testhero

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOrloff, Dutchy of Orloff

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:15 AM

View PostAramuside, on 14 May 2017 - 12:26 AM, said:

That makes no sense we won without using assaults generally. It was tilted as all hell at invasion but try not to just make things up please. Posted Image

Coincidentally every time we met a 12 man IS with for example 8 Battlemasters and 4 Grasshoppers when we were defending... we lost...

On the other hand we also saw IS 12 mans with primary LRM which was weird....

What time zone do you drop in ?
I have some friends with BattleMaster-2C's not so many Grasshoppers but that should make for a great match!

Never hit more than 1 O-Gen when attacking Grim Portico and that was Vs a 6 man and No-VOIP PUGs

Saw a lot of Triple heavy clan drop-decks out there usually with an assault lance for extra punch.
Very sick of Executioner missile boats Had to swap a DSHS etc for AMS in the end.
The NightGyre and Cauldron born both carry about the same payload as my BMT-2C so they didn't need lots of heavies so if they played smart by the time it hit IS range we had armour parity

I desperately hope those primary LRM Companies were on Defense with lots of NARC flying about

#82 testhero

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOrloff, Dutchy of Orloff

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:39 AM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 12 May 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

As another note, I would like to state that while it is not clear looking at these images as the final engine de-sync stats have not been released yet, the non-hero Javelins have compared to other mechs of their tonnage. With the Hero being the only one excluded from the better mobility due to its structure based quirks.

There we go the Javelin will have a higher then average base mobility values
Well that is nice!
Well no it is not.
Will we ever see these average base mobility values?
Will we see a list or spread sheet so we can make an objective decision on what we are buying and running or will we forever remain ignorant of the base mobility values? (BmobVs)
So some mechs are set to be Lower than average some higher than average and at a guess most will fall into the average buy some kind of nominal distribution.
Will there be a reference Mech chassis for each weight class ?

Without some data (more than the mech model type) being released choosing a mech will be a huge amount of trial and error

#83 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:45 PM

Wow, scale looks perfect. Long long thin legs will be a huge asset, and really the entire mech isn't larger/wider than the Spider. So very narrow, good for spreading damage.

I'm just worried about the side torso hitboxes... they're kinda stuck with doing them a certain way because of the placement of the side torso weapon mounts. Will probably look something like this, which is super XL vulnerable, and concerns me:

Posted Image

Edited by Tarogato, 14 May 2017 - 10:46 PM.

#84 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:26 AM

A truely beautiful mech!

This is gunna be a Favorite!

#85 Manei Domini Krigg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:03 AM

WTF they done with Victor? Posted Image

#86 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:15 AM

I think it will look great in a green colour scheme, Spearmint perhaps.

The weapon mounts look great, I hope I can poke with them.

That's one sharp design, I can't wait for my mini Trebuchet.

I'm glad I wasn't missile-led about my purchase!

#87 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:11 AM

Wait, if the skill tree drops with the same patch, why does it have quirks?

#88 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:43 AM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 15 May 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

Wait, if the skill tree drops with the same patch, why does it have quirks?

It's been stated since Jan that quirks are NOT going away, mobility quirks will removed from the quirk list and rolled into the base values though.

#89 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

It's gonna be real fun. And they aren't getting rid of quirks they are scaling them back to almost nothing.

#90 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostAethermech, on 15 May 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

It's gonna be real fun. And they aren't getting rid of quirks they are scaling them back to almost nothing.

Not that much, even.

The problem will be the typical "do half the job first, wait months, finish other half"
So, nerf IS first, then bring it back to snuff with net rebalancing. In the meantime, IS players will feel the nerf until that rebalance sets in.

However, don't care. I will have MRMs to play with.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 15 May 2017 - 02:52 PM.

#91 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:27 PM

View PostTarogato, on 14 May 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

Wow, scale looks perfect. Long long thin legs will be a huge asset, and really the entire mech isn't larger/wider than the Spider. So very narrow, good for spreading damage.

I'm just worried about the side torso hitboxes... they're kinda stuck with doing them a certain way because of the placement of the side torso weapon mounts. Will probably look something like this, which is super XL vulnerable, and concerns me:

Posted Image

good point. fortunately light engines are coming our way.

#92 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

View PostYumoshiri, on 15 May 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

good point. fortunately light engines are coming our way.

Light mechs can't afford light engines, they have to sacrifice too much firepower. Maybe 7 SPL will work, but nothing else well.

#93 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

Where are the damn patch notes?

#94 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

View PostTarogato, on 15 May 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

Light mechs can't afford light engines, they have to sacrifice too much firepower. Maybe 7 SPL will work, but nothing else well.

q&a said chris is pushing a second look at engines so.... next year itll be epic?

#95 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

View Postnaterist, on 15 May 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

q&a said chris is pushing a second look at engines so.... next year itll be epic?

STD engines should add to structure or mitigate damage somehow - if I'm driving a light with a STD engine, make me a tough nut to crack.

#96 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:32 AM

View Posttesthero, on 14 May 2017 - 03:15 AM, said:

What time zone do you drop in ?
I have some friends with BattleMaster-2C's not so many Grasshoppers but that should make for a great match!

Never hit more than 1 O-Gen when attacking Grim Portico and that was Vs a 6 man and No-VOIP PUGs

Saw a lot of Triple heavy clan drop-decks out there usually with an assault lance for extra punch.
Very sick of Executioner missile boats Had to swap a DSHS etc for AMS in the end.
The NightGyre and Cauldron born both carry about the same payload as my BMT-2C so they didn't need lots of heavies so if they played smart by the time it hit IS range we had armour parity

I desperately hope those primary LRM Companies were on Defense with lots of NARC flying about

Fascinating our sides must have totally differed as I barely saw any executioners at all. I did see the occasional Marauder II and Supernova. I'll freely admit I fell into the triple heavy camp (Night Gyr/Hellbringer/Ebon Jaguar - with an ACH as extra). Its a great combo as, presuming you can weather the initial IS assault push, you have such depth in weight.

They were on defence with multiple Raven's as support. ;)

View Posttesthero, on 14 May 2017 - 03:39 AM, said:

There we go the Javelin will have a higher then average base mobility values
Well that is nice!
Well no it is not.
Will we ever see these average base mobility values?
Will we see a list or spread sheet so we can make an objective decision on what we are buying and running or will we forever remain ignorant of the base mobility values? (BmobVs)
So some mechs are set to be Lower than average some higher than average and at a guess most will fall into the average buy some kind of nominal distribution.
Will there be a reference Mech chassis for each weight class ?

Without some data (more than the mech model type) being released choosing a mech will be a huge amount of trial and error

You've hit on my main dislike of the system - we're going from a very nicely quantified system to one where a new player has no idea how mobile a mech is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users