Warrant Center Torso Hardpoint

1 reply to this topic

Poll: Should Warrant get a CT hardpoint (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Warrant get a CT hardpoint

1. Yes (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:48 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 12 May 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Warrant, the TBR Hero, has no center-torso hardpoint. What's up with that? Yes the C-Bill bonus is kind of special in the CT of the mech, and the special camo-spec, but shouldn't it be because it's an exclusive variant? Not a balance-mechanic? You know, because you paid for it.

The CT, from a gameplay standpoint is a big meh. Consdering that i can just simply switch omni-pods, and then the hardpoint it has, there's not really much reason for me to use Warrant over something like TBR-S to try and get the optimization I wanted. At best i could grind CBills, and look cool while doing it.

I would suggest to add a center-torso Missile hardpoint; it's different than many other variants. However there's still not a lot you can do with a single hardpoint, with a single slot. That's just a Narc, or a non-artemised SRMs, LRM5 or LRM10 that is also not artemised, and just SSRM2s and SSRM4s. Which means to make use of the CT with normal LRM and SRMs, torso launchers would also not have artemis.

Here's a mockup:
Spoiler

Edited by The6thMessenger, 27 May 2017 - 03:54 PM.

#2 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

I can agree with this. It'd be a unique change and give me a few better build options for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users