38 replies to this topic

#21 UCR Starwolf

• PipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:41 AM

Watching it on stream, it looked really fun. I hope to make it this year!

And yes, watching the best players in the world shoot PPFLD at each other was very fun. It would be great to meet some of those guys.

#22 Raven Starbinder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:10 AM

I am happy for PGI having a second Mechcon, but this new skill tree still sucks. I need at least 47 nodes in fire power to just get my 4 ultra ac5 assault mech reasonable. That leaves me 44 to put into mobility, survivability, etc. That is barely even enough to make this assault mech survivable, not to mention barely even maneuverable.

#23 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

View PostRaven Starbinder, on 13 May 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

I am happy for PGI having a second Mechcon, but this new skill tree still sucks. I need at least 47 nodes in fire power to just get my 4 ultra ac5 assault mech reasonable. That leaves me 44 to put into mobility, survivability, etc. That is barely even enough to make this assault mech survivable, not to mention barely even maneuverable.

I see what you did there...

#24 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

View PostRaven Starbinder, on 13 May 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

Sorry man but that's the whole point of the new skill tree, to try & stop all the op builds & to force players into that very decision. Sounds like it's gonna work just fine.

#25 Raven Starbinder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:27 PM

So I should just stand there and take fire instead of moving & instead of trying to survive a little more for the team. As it is 100 ton assaults in the inner sphere are slow as well as clumsy at best & barely maneuverable. It is not that easy to pilot a assault mech and fight at the same time. Light & Medium mechs have it much easier piloting & fighting. Light & Medium mechs have a much easier selection with this new skill tree. While Heavy & Assaults have a much more difficult decisions, have no fire power & have more mobility, survivability, operations, etc. Have fire power & have hardly any survivability, operations, & etc.

Edited by Raven Starbinder, 14 May 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#26 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:22 PM

Back on topic ... if all goes as planned, Mrs. Kag and I will be there again for 2017.

Vancouver's a beautiful city with great food and tourism options for everyone at reasonable prices. The PGI, HBS, and CGL staff were great to meet an talk with. It was wonderful to meet all the other MechWarriors -- especially my teammates from The Wild Ones and unit mates from 228th IBR. (We may not have won any matches, but we definitely won the party.)

#27 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

View PostMeppoy, on 12 May 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

I just can't get a point about all of this "use-the-money-for-develop-the-game" stuff. I mean... gosh, did you people hear anything about advertisement and support the community's activity? That's why all the big and mediocre and even small development companies are trying to make some action for their player base. It's kind of necessary, it's a part of any marketing strategy. I'm living far away from Canada and can't afford such a big trip. But I strongly assured that if PGI and our favorite game particularly want to get better and more popular, there are must to be things like a MechCon. That's why I'm really happy about this news.

The only people that know about mechcon are the people already playing MWO, does nothing for promoting the game to outsiders.
Make your game great again then you can party.

#28 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:06 AM

I'll be going on two conditions.

1. The Energy weapons re-balance slated for June, as alluded to by Chris and Paul, goes well. I haven't forgotten that time on the PTS that the clan ERPPCs got turned into energy gauss rifles (more than they already were) with 15 pinpoint damage and an agonizingly slow cooldown.

If we see a repeat of this, with the Energy re-balance looking to shift the PPCs into a slower firing role, I'm going to be significantly less interested in the game (most of of the mechs in my stable are PPC mechs without gauss rifles), and the Con won't really be worth it to me.

2. The tickets last until then. Hope to see you guys there, I think it will be fun.

#29 SQW

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

The ONLY reason going to this year's mech con will be to congratulate the people at HBS and Alex.

I don't even want to imagine what kind of mess MWO will still be in at Dec after the introduction of all the new weapons, engine decoupling and laser balance.

Seriously, these guys took THREE tries before they got the font size of the minimap grid code right. THREE!!! I wouldn't trust PGI to get people drunk in an end-of-year frat house keg party.

#30 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:22 PM

I would like to see map selection taken away. The only option should be time of day. Lets see how teams adjust to random map selection and not same 2 maps over and over. Put the best outside their comfort zone each round. Take the maps like Alpine out of the rotation.

Edited by Quintus Verus, 15 May 2017 - 06:23 PM.

#31 WillyPete

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:32 AM

• When will the WC warhorns and standing items with CB bonus be sold?
  • Will there be a playable MW Mercs 5 demo on-site?
  • Stream giveaways?

#32 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:05 AM

View PostQuintus Verus, on 15 May 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

I would like to see map selection taken away. The only option should be time of day. Lets see how teams adjust to random map selection and not same 2 maps over and over. Put the best outside their comfort zone each round. Take the maps like Alpine out of the rotation.

Not a good idea. If anything Mech selection shouldnt have to be made til you know what map and mode your playing.

Have it like the original launcher where you would have 4 mechs picked out (in a kinda dropship I guess) and once the map is picked you can choose which mech from your 4 to use.

#33 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:13 PM

Maybe I'm getting senile but where the hell does this mention the 2017 World Championship, why don't all you WAAH WAAH WAAH guys shut the hell up and let the rest of us enjoy this game, no-one says you have to be here ya dumb*sses, go back to League of Losers or World of WAAHcraft, sorry PGI but these people make want to strangle puppies.

B*ITCH ELSEWHERE YA GIRLS DRESS

#34 Kokobutta

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:09 PM

Really looking forward to being there this year! Watched the live stream last year, looked like a really good time

#35 Robert Bruce

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:06 PM

I would like to be able to bring my son (who will to be 17 at the time of the con) but it is rather unclear as to whether the ID requirement is just for using the drink tickets for booze or to get into the venue altogether.

It would be a great father & son gamers outing!
clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#36 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

Getting the time off work and getting to Canada is rough, but I am still going to try.

#37 Jormunrek

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

So when will the 2017 Champ Supporter bundle be released and what will the goodies look like this year?

Jorm

#38 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:08 AM

I am here at mechcon trying to get good intel from various employees and owners...

After a few drinks and chatting, I think that Mech5 will have a level editor...
bloodlust where are you?

#39 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

View PostSurn, on 09 December 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

I am here at mechcon trying to get good intel from various employees and owners...

After a few drinks and chatting, I think that Mech5 will have a level editor...
bloodlust where are you?

All they need is Co-Op PVE in MW5, similar to how they do it in Mass Effect Andromeda and MW5 will be the most popular MECHWARRIOR game in decades.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users