Who Will Sell All Their Modules?

11 replies to this topic

Poll: Selling Modules (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you sell all modules before release

1. Yes for sure (7 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

2. No, I only own three anyway (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. No, I want all the GSP (7 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:27 AM

As the Cheapskates managed to cry so hard, that they will actually be getting more than they invested, the module rich players will lose tons of c-bills in spendings.
Most of us will receive so many GSP we could master every new mech in the game for the next several years. however, we won't have the c-bills to purchase them, we would have to buy them using MC with bays.

Just to be able to spend all our GSP. This is utterly stooopid.
I would much rather have C-Bills on hand, to customize, buy mechs and tech, change loadouts and reskill with cash and xp.
The XP grind on a new mech would keep me playing the new mech. If I can buy it, have it instantly mastered, for no cost at all, what will keep me playing the mech if it turns out to be less fun or less meta?

I would even go so far to say that pre-orders from Module-Rich Players will go down. They might as well just wait and see if the mech is worth it at all. If a new mech does not ramp up on the Meta-List, why purchase it? You'd just instant master it and only play it every now and then, just because. I have mechs in my hangar atm that I never play. How a instant mastery would change that beats me.

tl:dr

They are stealing our C-Bills

#2 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:01 AM

They are stealing our CB ... ok, can have a few of them, dun really care .

What worries me more is the time spent on discussing those things instead of using it for something useful .

I, for instance, will go and cook some mighty fine Spätzle with Speckstreifen, Salz, Pfeffer und das ganze dann mit Tonnen an Käse überbacken .

Hmmm, TASTY and a better investment of time than thinking about a few CB´s lost or gained .

#3 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:37 AM

I would love to be able to find out which modules were brought before dec 3rd. I would have to sell about 2/3 of them which would allow me to buy about 100 mechs and instantly master them. But since i cant find out i have to guess.

#4 Jet Black Dog

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:17 AM

View PostCara Carcass, on 14 May 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

I would love to be able to find out which modules were brought before dec 3rd. I would have to sell about 2/3 of them which would allow me to buy about 100 mechs and instantly master them. But since i cant find out i have to guess.

That's my problem as well...
as " we" were brought up, you weren't ready for CW until you could field a deck with all elited mechs with full module load.

One of the people arguing about the skill tree- who didn't like math either it seems - I asked him, your dropdeck - fully moduled? When he didn't know what that meant, in fact had modules on none of his mechs, I said " you haven't EARNED an opinion" ..drops mic.
Ah well - cbills grow on trees, and as is, my favorite mechs I can buy several of them for different skill-tree ( it should be called customize your hotrod tree ) builds / versions.
Complain less/ adapt more, is the conclusion I've come to on all the squabblin'...

#5 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:02 PM

You get a deal where you get to buy GSP without having to pay any of their XP cost (only their C-bill cost), and you suggest selling your modules at half price with no XP bonus instead ?

You know the minimum cost per mech for 91 skill points is ~4M c-bills (plus a ton of XP), and up to ~10M c-bills if you want to unlock all of them (but you can only select 91 at a time, and swapping them in and out will cost even more XP)...

So let's say you have 200 mechs and 400M c-bills worth of modules : The GSP from the modules will only be enough to unlock 91 skill points ~100 of your 200 mechs, or will only allow you to unlock all your skill points on ~40 of your 200 mechs. And that's on top of all the XP you will need to swap out your skills...

So if you want to sell 400M c-bills worth of modules for 200M c-bills, go straight ahead : Odds are you will the in the front line to come back complaining when you have to start buying back GSP at their full cost (XP included).

The reason PGI won't be offering the GSP deal to modules purchased after December 3rd, is to prevent players like me from piling up new modules right before the patch hits.

You can easily do the math : You can spend up to 10M of c-bills of GSP per mech (present and future).

And (short of selling them back at half price) it's not like you were ever going to transform those modules into mechs to begin with : With PGI you are basically transforming modules into skill points, with not one c-bill lost in that process.

#6 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 14 May 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

You get a deal where you get to buy GSP without having to pay any of their XP cost (only their C-bill cost), and you suggest selling your modules at half price with no XP bonus instead ?

You know the minimum cost per mech for 91 skill points is ~4M c-bills (plus a ton of XP), and up to ~10M c-bills if you want to unlock all of them (but you can only select 91 at a time, and swapping them in and out will cost even more XP)...

So let's say you have 200 mechs and 400M c-bills worth of modules : The GSP from the modules will only be enough to unlock 91 skill points ~100 of your 200 mechs, or will only allow you to unlock all your skill points on ~40 of your 200 mechs. And that's on top of all the XP you will need to swap out your skills...

So if you want to sell 400M c-bills worth of modules for 200M c-bills, go straight ahead : Odds are you will the in the front line to come back complaining when you have to start buying back GSP at their full cost (XP included).

The reason PGI won't be offering the GSP deal to modules purchased after December 3rd, is to prevent players like me from piling up new modules right before the patch hits.

You can easily do the math : You can spend up to 10M of c-bills of GSP per mech (present and future).

And (short of selling them back at half price) it's not like you were ever going to transform those modules into mechs to begin with : With PGI you are basically transforming modules into skill points, with not one c-bill lost in that process.

If i seel 2/3 of my modules i can buy 100 mechs and master them with the rest of the cbills i get for the full refunded modules.
Thats the point of selling them. Yes selling those modules would spare me a grind of 200 mechs and more to actually use the gsp i get from my modules. Remember that all teh mechs i have get hsp - i can master them for free anyways.

People like you have to wake up and look at it from the otehr side.

Right now i can use the modules and jsut hop in all of my mechs and play. After teh skill tree goes live i have to buy 200+ new mechs to get that back. Meaning 4 million per mech untill i get my 800 million back that i lose atm.

Please look at it from the other side too.

#7 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:05 PM

I have 150+ modules and ever single module unlocked to the max.

I either get ALL the GXP converted AND ALL the c-bills back (I mean LITERALLY down the last single c-bill)

OR
I
QUIT.

#8 Cy3P0

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

Cbills, gxp,
how much to sell.
Richmen's problems.

#9 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:27 PM

Taking the entire GSP refund is more profitable in the long run, at least in terms of time invested.

#10 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:15 AM

View PostCy3P0, on 14 May 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Cbills, gxp,
how much to sell.
Richmen's problems.

I don't care for the c-bills, gxp or whatever, i want justice.
I want PGI make up their darn mind.

First it is no info, then it is no refund, then full refund, then half refund, now it's no refund prior to dec 2016 tomorrow it's only refund for mechs which are painted in a kello kitty theme or what?
I am was a paying custimer, if i feel like i am getting screwed here i'd say yeah valid richmen's problem. 'cuz if richmen got problem richmen doesn't pay the bill anymore.

I can live with nerfs/buffs, metashifts, to a degree with powercreep and obviously with whole new game mechanics.
What i can't live with is misinformation and flat out getting lied at, as well as getting my products which i invested time and money into getting shafted. Hench i won't invest neither time nor money anymore if that happens.

#11 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

Once patch notes are released and we know for sure how the refunds are breaking down after all of the PTS passes, I'm probably going to sell about half of my modules.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users